• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 SVT

SVT

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:56 PM

First things first. Thanks to Jane ,Dean , family and employee's that brought a truly professional racing program to Waynesfield. It will be a tough act to follow. The track was kept in a very professional manner!! Tami and I will be operating the track in 2011. We will continue to run the same classes as 2010. No classes will be discontinued. If you have a question call 419 568 2893 (home.) 419 568 3201 (track). Please do not assume and spread false accusations. call me and I will return your call. Thank you for your patonage. Greg Shobe

#2 patrickw

patrickw

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:32 PM

im very glad to hear this. will the jack hewitt classic be back aswell?

#3 Need for Speed

Need for Speed

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:01 PM

im very glad to hear this. will the jack hewitt classic be back aswell?

I sure hope so...it has packed the stands both of the times it was run!

#4 OGRE

OGRE

• Members
  • 1,140 posts
  • Interests:Anything that goes fast!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:31 AM

Excellent! As I've always said Greg is one heck of a guy. Greg makes me feel old. I don't know how he does it, the man is super busy but you won't find any better person and one that listens to everyone then makes a decision. Good Luck Greg & Tami!

Danny Kelly

#5 Haggard Motorsoports

Haggard Motorsoports

Cool Newbie

• Member Group
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:50 AM

That is very good news indeed for the racers that enjoy racing here. I can say for myself I am glad that they will be here next year as well. Hey if anyone wants to help with my truck this winter. Let me know. :) just gonna do some minor things to it. But all insight is greatly apprieciated. I'm sure we are are thankful for greg and his family. Letting our dreams become reality right in our own back yards. Many thanks to Greg,Tami,and family.

#6 skip

skip

• Members
  • 5,987 posts
  • Interests:racing fan 45 years and hotdogs ,

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:13 AM

Its nice to hear that the family that started it all will be back, Cant ask for any better people to step back up. Thanks Geg and Tami. Now every one can rest easy for the winter and start rebuilding their cars.

skip

#7 compact racer

compact racer

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:54 AM

This is great news indeed!! Thanks to Greg and Tami for the quick response. A whole lot of us can rest easier now. We're more then glad to be coming back next yr.

#8 Dr. Speedy

Dr. Speedy

• Members
  • 1,606 posts
  • Interests:Racing, pit crew, racing,racing ,racing, racing, wife

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:00 AM

Is there nany chance the stock cars could come back? Glad to hear things are at least being attended to. But the need to negotiate with other tracks is very important so they can work out a plan to benefit all concerned. Welcome Back Greg and Tami!! Cornett Racing #35 mod

#9 wideopen24

wideopen24

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:37 PM

Im glad to see that Waynesfiled will be open for racing in 2011! I just hope that the purse's stay the same and the Shobe's can bring in new fans with some promotion and stablity....Theres is nothing worse for car counts and fan base than a track that changes purse's and schedules year to year...See you all next year! Landon

Landon Simon Racing #24

#10 wiltrout3307

wiltrout3307

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:44 AM

I really think that if they bring back the stocks there car count will go back up they would easly prob get 3/4 of the lima cars and prob some more cause it hard for someguys to make it on a friday night to lima

#11 patrickw

patrickw

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:25 AM

id like to see a midget race on the schedule. maybe an outlaw if it looks like a midget style race. it will never happen but usac midgets would put on an awsome show.

#12 compact racer

compact racer

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 12:50 PM

I think we ought to quit worring about what big shows or what else they can do and let them establish a solid weekly program.

#13 Austin

Austin

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:53 PM

I think we ought to quit worring about what big shows or what else they can do and let them establish a solid weekly program.

its hard to get a solid weekly program with 10-15 cars in each class (other than non-wings)

#14 compact racer

compact racer

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:47 PM

its hard to get a solid weekly program with 10-15 cars in each class (other than non-wings)

And what would be the answer? I know a lot of people say stocks but they were not getting full feilds the trucks have good nights and bad, the mini sprints the same, the compacts need a chance to grow as it's the newest, the mods are a good show but you can't fight for them every week especialy when they're on at eldora. I do think the non wings are the premire class there and need to be so. 15 cars can put on a good show if there's competitive racing. Me myself I'd like to see a bomber stock class as it's a long leap from a compact or truck to mods.

#15 Dirtracer48

Dirtracer48

• Members
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:11 PM

I too am thrilled to hear it will be back. I also really hope (and expect) that the guys who have given their time and hearts to this track will be back....Gerry, Dan, Kenny, Skip....place wouldn't be the same without them, and they deserve the positions.

#16 skinnykenny

skinnykenny

• Members
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:36 PM

I too am thrilled to hear it will be back. I also really hope (and expect) that the guys who have given their time and hearts to this track will be back....Gerry, Dan, Kenny, Skip....place wouldn't be the same without them, and they deserve the positions.

I have been there since the very 1st race was held years ago and I plan to continue. I had a long talk with Greg the other night and told him I will help with anything he needs.

Your Friendy Photographer!! Multi Time Champion of Limaland "Pick Em Fantasy League"

#17 eldora97

eldora97

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:39 AM

i think they should run three classes every night.... some kind of sprint or late model.... mods, even when eldora is running there is alot of guys that would prefer to go to the field over the big E.... and rotate the lower classes.... So the fans know they are going to get great racing every week.... just my thoughts about it....

#18 skip

skip

• Members
  • 5,987 posts
  • Interests:racing fan 45 years and hotdogs ,

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:09 AM

I have already been asked to come back but told tammy it was to early to say. I removed some of my comments because i dont want to cause any trouble for the Shobes i have always thought highly of the Two. What every Greg and Tammi do i stand behind them they are class act people and respect what ever they do. Just thanks to them for keeping it open and stepping back in. I have donated my time for the last 4 yrs and would do it again but i have a elderly mom i have to look after and thats what i have to think about before i make up my mind.

Edited by skip, 29 September 2010 - 07:38 AM.

skip

#19 patrickw

patrickw

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:15 AM

totally off topic but was waynesfield once a 1/4 mile.

#20 paintman60

paintman60

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:20 AM

I AGREE WITH DIRTRACER48 THAT I AM HAPPY IT WILL BE OPEN AND THE SAME CLASSES RUN AND WITH MR SHOBE ITS SOMEONE THATS DONE IT BEFORE SO NO WONDERING WHAT TO DO FOR NEXT YEAR. I FOR ONE AM GRATEFUL TO HAVE A PLACE CLOSE TO HOME TO RACE .THE TRUCK AND COMPACT GUYS CAN AT LEAST REST EASY AND KNOW THEY ARE NOT HUNG OUT AND TO THE PEOPLE WHO WANT BIG SHOWS IF $5000 DONT GET MORE THAN 40 MODS BIG SHOWS BY ALL OUTWARD APPEARANCES ARE NOT THE ANSWER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users