• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 yfzracer21

yfzracer21

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

Made the announcement diring a caution 305 sprints will be added to the card fulltime in 2013

Pround Supporter of The Neupert Raceway Park!

#2 KartRacer1

KartRacer1

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

thats awesome. Hopefully they stay away of the Racesaver stuff and work with Mercer to help promote the OSW rules package. I like what Racesaver stands for but when you start telling guys that if they go elsewhere to run with another 305 group or even in a 360 or 410 class they have to spend money to be reteched, that is just killing the sport. I am working on getting things together to start building a car and I just have no desire to run a racesaver race due to that rule.

#3 Mo MONEY

Mo MONEY

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

Made the announcement diring a caution 305 sprints will be added to the card fulltime in 2013

they will also run to the end of this season

#4 John Doe

John Doe

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

thats awesome. Hopefully they stay away of the Racesaver stuff and work with Mercer to help promote the OSW rules package. I like what Racesaver stands for but when you start telling guys that if they go elsewhere to run with another 305 group or even in a 360 or 410 class they have to spend money to be reteched, that is just killing the sport. I am working on getting things together to start building a car and I just have no desire to run a racesaver race due to that rule.

I agree I think its turning alot of people away. I wonder if all the racesaver cars that ran with the 410s last night at dog hollow will be required to be reteched? Unless I missed something and racesaver had added 410 sanctioning to their resume?

#5 racer111

racer111

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

Heads are not certified for RACESAVER® competition until they are measured, certified, and carry both sets of serial numbers (Brodix & RACESAVER® ) and both logos ( RACESAVER® & FGRS), and are registered with RACESAVER® . Note: All head serial numbers will be maintained in RACESAVER® master head files, and will be cross checked, and must match our master file, before being allowed to compete in RACESAVER® events. RACESAVER® sealed engines that participate in, so called, "305" events, that are not specifically sanctioned by RACESAVER®, must be re-teched prior to competing in subsequent RACESAVER® events. RACESAVER® sanctions must be obtained by priorconsultation and agreement with RACESAVER®

#6 LarryTheCableGuy

LarryTheCableGuy

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • Interests:Racing My Father's Sprint

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

Heads are not certified for RACESAVER® competition until they are measured, certified, and carry both sets of serial numbers (Brodix & RACESAVER® ) and both logos ( RACESAVER® & FGRS), and are registered with RACESAVER® . Note: All head serial numbers will be maintained in RACESAVER® master head files, and will be cross checked, and must match our master file, before being allowed to compete in RACESAVER® events. RACESAVER® sealed engines that participate in, so called, "305" events, that are not specifically sanctioned by RACESAVER®, must be re-teched prior to competing in subsequent RACESAVER® events. RACESAVER® sanctions must be obtained by priorconsultation and agreement with RACESAVER®

That is the dumbest rule I have ever heard!

Wagner Racing #38

#7 Dad#17

Dad#17

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

This is exciting news. We did not make the show as planned. Knox, I feel gets a bit of a bad rap. We have been treated very well there when we raced there the year before last with the limited sprints. Sundays are hard, but if you want to race, you will make it. We will make an effort to support the class and track. Skip you "OK" ??? Read you took a ride.... I am sure rules will be coming out sometime in the future??? Or will it be a mirror of Mercer Rules??? Paul Whitesell

#8 Dad#17

Dad#17

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

Have we all not been saying this??? Agree 100%

PW

#9 LarryTheCableGuy

LarryTheCableGuy

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

The rules will be the same as Mercer for all the OSW cars, and the racesaver cars will run under there rules which basically are all the same. The seals have to be intact.

Wagner Racing #38

#10 yfzracer21

yfzracer21

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:04 PM

Skip was fine they did heck of a job getting his car back together only made few laps tho and pulled off in the feature

Pround Supporter of The Neupert Raceway Park!

#11 Mo MONEY

Mo MONEY

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:41 PM

Skip was fine they did heck of a job getting his car back together only made few laps tho and pulled off in the feature

car kept jumping out of gear

#12 vinnydock92

vinnydock92

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Interests:Sprint car racing

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:44 AM

car kept jumping out of gear

Feeling fine, Dad 17,thanks, hope to have it ready for this weekend! Hope you guys can make it this Sunday!

#13 Dad#17

Dad#17

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

Feeling fine, Dad 17,thanks, hope to have it ready for this weekend! Hope you guys can make it this Sunday!

Glad to hear your fine. See you Saturday at Mercer...

#14 D1RT

D1RT

• Members
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

Ten Regions and nine tracks supported by Racesaver Sprints not to mention other tracks that run their shows and talk is that Knoxville Raceway is leaning towards the Racesaver deal for next season for their 305's.
They must be doing something right............

Funny how one poster in this thread chastises Racesaver for the way they run their series but yet he lead the slobberfest for Fastrak......

#15 KartRacer1

KartRacer1

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

Ten Regions and nine tracks supported by Racesaver Sprints not to mention other tracks that run their shows and talk is that Knoxville Raceway is leaning towards the Racesaver deal for next season for their 305's.

Funny how one poster in this thread chastises Racesaver for the way they run their series but yet he lead the slobberfest for Fastrak......

The ten regions and everything are nice but when you can race out east at multiple tracks it all works out. With Mercer and Dog Hollow being the only two tracks running the 305's on a regular basis before Sportsmans jumping on board, its pointless to keep seperation between the two tracks. The rules for the 305's are very similar and its been proven that the 305 engine will run with 5.3L engine.

Now as far as Knoxville looking to go racesaver rules, have you ever seen the prices for a 305 engine at Knoxville? I seen a used one over on Hoseheads for $16,000 definetly alot more than what a OSW or Racesaver engine costs.

Now as far as Fastrak goes, the only thing that I said that I liked about the series was the fact that they dont restrict there racers. I just dont see how making racers spend money and restricting them to where they race is good for the sport?

#16 LarryTheCableGuy

LarryTheCableGuy

• Members
  • 581 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

Hey the only thing I DO NOT agree with is the "what track you are allowed to race at" The whole engine package is great and I like the deal. The whole deal with not racing outside of racesaver is like someone having control of where YOU eat, sleep, what you do in your spare time, or even piss its seriuosly foolish!

And if you are talking about how many different tracks there are you are correct but, they ALL have there own little rules too.

The fast track deal has taken off like a rocket but they dont have a stupid rule like above, and I'm not against the lates. I like all kinds of racing.

You probably dont know but I do have a 305 but dont run racesaver races too far of a tow but the motor could pass racesaver tech. Its identical to the racesaver rules.

Anyways its nice to have sportsman's speedway adding the 305 the rest of the year and all next year!

Wagner Racing #38

#17 spike

spike

Race Fan

• Members
  • 776 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

Hey the only thing I DO NOT agree with is the "what track you are allowed to race at" The whole engine package is great and I like the deal. The whole deal with not racing outside of racesaver is like someone having control of where YOU eat, sleep, what you do in your spare time, or even piss its seriuosly foolish!

And if you are talking about how many different tracks there are you are correct but, they ALL have there own little rules too.

The fast track deal has taken off like a rocket but they dont have a stupid rule like above, and I'm not against the lates. I like all kinds of racing.

You probably dont know but I do have a 305 but dont run racesaver races too far of a tow but the motor could pass racesaver tech. Its identical to the racesaver rules.

Anyways its nice to have sportsman's speedway adding the 305 the rest of the year and all next year!

If all those entering this division build their motor just like the Cable Guy, we are on our way.

#18 3799

• Members
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

Knoxville is not going with Racesaver sanction. We heard this same hoopla lat year that ASCS would be Racesaver sanctioned. How'd that work out?

#19 spike

spike

Race Fan

• Members
  • 776 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

Knoxville is not going with Racesaver sanction. We heard this same hoopla lat year that ASCS would be Racesaver sanctioned. How'd that work out?

Why would a sanctioning group like ASCS want to be sanctioned by another sanctioning group? :(

Edited by spike, 24 July 2012 - 11:31 PM.

#20 Schwien76j

Schwien76j

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

ASCS took the Racesaver rules and ran with them. All the while throwing up a big FU to french and his political country club BS. ASCS is one of the BIGGEST sanctioning bodies in the country and will make the brodix headed 305 class explode. If you guys need to do anything in western PA.....its learn by ASCS's example! B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users