• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 yfzracer21

yfzracer21

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

Ive seen cars at lernerville with metal folded up like a tin can hanging on by a dzuz, noses being dragged and shit falling off cars for years and lernerville has the nuts to send Alex to the pits for a dangling spoiler. Driver safety is one thing but ATrain took one tonight.

Pround Supporter of The Neupert Raceway Park!

#2 racefanatic

racefanatic

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:23 AM

Ive seen cars at lernerville with metal folded up like a tin can hanging on by a dzuz, noses being dragged and shit falling off cars for years and lernerville has the nuts to send Alex to the pits for a dangling spoiler. Driver safety is one thing but ATrain took one tonight.

I like Alex as well as anyone, but I agreed with the call. That piece could have come off and been a missile right into another driver's face or if nothing else cost someone the price of replacing one or more tires if it was run over.

The worst call of the night was not to go green at the start of the Sportsman feature. The green flag should have been given and then turn on the yellow then they were in turn one. There was a lot of damage done to cars when the field was on the go for the green and then the yellow was thrown causing cars to run over each other needlessly. The car that brought out the yellow was off the high side of the track clear back in the middle of the back stretch and was under power. I feel bad for the guys like Terry Young who got a lot of damage and did not get to race. Terrible call! :angry:

#3 Skull

Skull

• Members
  • 4,715 posts
  • Interests:I'm interesting

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

I like Alex as well as anyone, but I agreed with the call. That piece could have come off and been a missile right into another driver's face or if nothing else cost someone the price of replacing one or more tires if it was run over.

The worst call of the night was not to go green at the start of the Sportsman feature. The green flag should have been given and then turn on the yellow then they were in turn one. There was a lot of damage done to cars when the field was on the go for the green and then the yellow was thrown causing cars to run over each other needlessly. The car that brought out the yellow was off the high side of the track clear back in the middle of the back stretch and was under power. I feel bad for the guys like Terry Young who got a lot of damage and did not get to race. Terrible call! :angry:

I agree that the spoiler hanging off was dangerous. But, it looked like a half assed attempt by the officials rip it off. That's what I had the issue with. The guy had just drove his ass off to crack the top five, and he was fast.

The flagman completely and totally franked up the initial start of the Sportsman's race. Why he didn't just drop the green, I'll never know. The #78 car was up high in the middle of the backstretch. The flagman could have waited until the field was entering turn two, then dropped the yellow. A lot of torn up equipment and some frayed tempers for that irresponsible call. And, what about the one restart? There were still eight or so still cars racing down the backstretch to catch the field, and he drops the green? That was ridiculous as well. He must have had a hot date or something.

#4 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

The car would have gone straight backwards without the spoiler anyways. He was pretty much screwed either way. It's unfortunate too, because it was fun as hell watching he and Miley working their way through the pack. It was like Lernerville circa 2008.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#5 yfzracer21

yfzracer21

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

I strongly believe alex would of drove that car right to the point and blew gieslers doors off but lernerville would never want that. How about dan swartzlander down over the hill while trucks were out looking in 2 and he was sting in 3.

Pround Supporter of The Neupert Raceway Park!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users