#22 Paul55

Paul55

The MAN!!!

• Members
  • 3,864 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

It was good racing.
But when you get to the track and the pit fee was more than advertised and a entry fee was imposed where prior to this, there was not one for the UFO races it doesnt look good for management. If you were at the area where you pulled a pill for the Red Miley Race, you would have heard exactly what the teams thought. (And MGMT let the ULMS guys collect it) EVERYONE was surprised about the fee, why mgmt waited until a few days prior to the event to post this on their site was suspect. That is all.
Hobby? LOL

Yup was not to many of us teams happy with it but oh well its what we do for a STUPID hobby lol!(There is alot cheaper hobbys out there lol)

(TEAM 14g/CAMPING-Paul Duratz)

#23 Schwarty28s

Schwarty28s

Race Fan

• Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

Thanks everyone, was a great night for us, especially having the honor to be able to race for such a good reason. Didnt really know the Laboon family very much other than to say hi in passing but they are a great asset to the racing community. Also we wanted to thank the staff at PPMS, the racers and the fans for such a nice welcome back to the big track. Thank you to all involved.

#24 Rusty_Nuts

Rusty_Nuts

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

Great show. Id love to see it in action again next year!! Congrats on the turnout. Glad everyone is ok after that nasty accident on the front stretch.

#25 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:23 PM

Congratulationms Bob!!!! Good to talk with you at Mercer last week. See you at Lernerville!! GOOD RACING!!!! Walt

#26 Racer17L

Racer17L

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:24 PM

Thanks for the kind words Bob! Same goes for your family! Super nice people. I'd love to do this again. Did everyone like the racing format and the way the payout was structured?

#27 team97racing

team97racing

Race Fan

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

Thanks for the kind words Bob! Same goes for your family! Super nice people.

I'd love to do this again. Did everyone like the racing format and the way the payout was structured?

The racing surface was smooth and fast, the format was in my opinion was great, payout was great! The payout was!

Vince, I towed about 3 hours to support your show and if you have this as an annual show I have no doubt it will continue to grow. Open tire rule and open 750 Carb rule was a smart move.

Thank you for putting on a great show I will support this event next year.

Kyle Shannon
driver of the 1s

Edited by team97racing, 26 August 2012 - 09:09 PM.

#28 Racer17L

Racer17L

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

Thanks for coming Kyle! I thought you had a really sharp looking car!

#29 tryan#57

tryan#57

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:anything with 4 wheels, and a motor.

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

Congrats Bob. thats was one hell of a race!

#30 mmiley

mmiley

Matt Miley

• Members
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:Short Track Racing!<br /><br />Email me at mmiley99@comcast.net for PPMS info!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:56 PM

What can be accomplished in a short period of time when everyone works together and others are put in front of self is amazing, great job by Vince pulling this off with little time coming off a tough week. Ed would be very proud, an event in his name is off to a great start. Vince worked with teams and PPMS to remove all the barriers, they will stay removed after the final point night this Sat Sept 1 for the final Sportsman Showdown events at the Sept 14 & 15 Pittsburgher and 0ct 6 Monster Mania. The Sept 22 & 29 shows wil also be Ed Laboon 17 rules, our new open rules format FOR Sportsman at PPMS! The Sportman Showdown at the Pittsburgher will pay $1000 to win for 20 laps, while Oct 6 will be our standard $700. Both will be $100 tow money events. Weekly Sportsman events at PPMS are $400 to win for 15 laps! Thank you to all the Sportsman teams that competed & many that made an attempt but fell short for various reasons. Congratulations to Bob on his winning return at the Monster! It was very emotional to me as I watched and recalled the first Red Miley event. It was a night that makes this whole deal worthwhile! Ed Laboons early death has given the Sportsman new life! Red and Ed are smiling as their events are in the 2012 record books! Jook's turn this week. Things happen for a reason, sometimes it's just very difficult to understand why? The very best people are often taken from us way to early. I guess we will get to understand some day. Saw some very good things going on Saturday...thanks to all that were part of it.

Posted Image

#31 Schwarty28s

Schwarty28s

Race Fan

• Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:13 AM

That is great to hear the opening up of the rules, we will be back for some more events this year. Matt not sure if you remember this or not but we won the 1st Red Miley Memorial so it was really cool to win this one for Ed. We will continue to support this event in the years to come. Bob

#32 Schwarty28s

Schwarty28s

Race Fan

• Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

Vince, Everyone i talked to really thought it was a great night, like you said in an earlier post the only downfall was the big crash with one to go. I think the big thing is to pay back through the field so guys that dont have such a good night can at least break even with a mid pack finish, and if possible run on a night when its not a point night at the other local tracks, i know of a couple of my friends from Sharon would have been there. I will gladly help you next year in the planning if you would like. Thanks, Bob

Edited by Schwarty28s, 27 August 2012 - 08:17 PM.

#33 bigt

bigt

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:32 PM

Vince,

Everyone i talked to really thought it was a great night, like you said in an earlier post the only downfall was the big crash with one to go. I think the big thing is to pay back through the field so guys that dont have such a good night can at least break even with a mid pack finish, and if possible run on a night when its not a point night at the other local tracks, i know of a couple of my friends from Sharon would have been there. I will gladly help you next year in the planning if you would like.

Thanks,
Bob

LOOKING FOR THE LIKE BUTTON ON WHAT BOB SAID

#34 Racer17L

Racer17L

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

Already thinking about the 2013 EL 17..... I know Lernerville points ended last Friday. I checked Sharon's site- when do they end? Trying to get a weekend before the Pittsburgher maybe so we get more cars if points are over. How about Mercer and other tracks where I could pull Sportsman for a special event? Anyone know? Thanks.

#35 team97racing

team97racing

Race Fan

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

Hummingbird Speedway points ended 8/25 As for Sportsman's Speedway, Dog Hollow, Marion Center I'm not sure

#36 mmiley

mmiley

Matt Miley

• Members
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:Short Track Racing!<br /><br />Email me at mmiley99@comcast.net for PPMS info!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

What it's all about, what keeps me doing it, what keeps families together, sons that want to be where their father is on a Saturday night, regardless of their age, Priceless!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#37 Racer17L

Racer17L

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

Matt you should also add the pic of Bob and his Dad... that really completes the cycle!

#38 cgebauerPS17

cgebauerPS17

Race Fan

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

What it's all about, what keeps me doing it, what keeps families together, sons that want to be where their father is on a Saturday night, regardless of their age, Priceless!
Posted Image

that's a great Pic!!

Congrats to the entire 28s team and Family!

#39 Schwarty28s

Schwarty28s

Race Fan

• Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:51 PM

Thanks everyone for the kind words, the racing family really is a special breed. The Schwartzmillers and the 28s crew

#40 Jody at Racingweb

Jody at Racingweb

• Members
  • 951 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:16 AM

Here is Bob's victory lane video:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users