• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 throwndirt33

throwndirt33

Cool Newbie

• Member Group
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

Folks It's time!! The Hillbilly 100 Weekend is here. It’s Hillbilly 100 time in West Virginia!! Once again it is time for America’s oldest late model major event. This year’s 44th running will be at the newly remodeled I-77 Raceway Park and will be sanctioned by the Lucas Oil Series. The entire Lucas Oil Late Model portion will take place on Sunday September 2nd. However, all of the action for the Hillbilly 100 weekend will begin Friday night, August 31st with a $1,000 to win modified show, a $1,500 to win Mod Lite race, a $1,000 to win Street Stock event and qualifying, heat races and consolation races for the front wheel drive 4 cylinders paying $500 to win. Saturday night September 1st will have a $2,000 to win modified show along with the $500 to win feature for the 4 cylinders. Then, what is always everyone’s fan favorite and a real barnburner, THE HILLBILLY 50 for the Steel Block Late Models will burn up the 3/8’s mile speedway. Then of course Sunday September 2nd will see the 44th annual Hillbilly 100 for the Lucas Oil Late Models paying $25,000 to win. We are expecting a huge turnout of cars for this one, as this is race is one every driver would like to add to their resume. With the close proximity of other big events on Saturday night, this is sure to be an event you won’t want to miss, as we expect the best Late Model drivers on the business to fight for the huge payday and the prestige of winning the Hillbilly. For more information visit www.racei77.com or call (304) 373-1110.

#2 badass bowtie

badass bowtie

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

Folks It's time!! The Hillbilly 100 Weekend is here.

It’s Hillbilly 100 time in West Virginia!!

Once again it is time for America’s oldest late model major event. This year’s 44th running will be at the newly remodeled I-77 Raceway Park and will be sanctioned by the Lucas Oil Series. The entire Lucas Oil Late Model portion will take place on Sunday September 2nd. However, all of the action for the Hillbilly 100 weekend will begin Friday night, August 31st with a $1,000 to win modified show, a $1,500 to win Mod Lite race, a $1,000 to win Street Stock event and qualifying, heat races and consolation races for the front wheel drive 4 cylinders paying $500 to win.

Saturday night September 1st will have a $2,000 to win modified show along with the $500 to win feature for the 4 cylinders. Then, what is always everyone’s fan favorite and a real barnburner, THE HILLBILLY 50 for the Steel Block Late Models will burn up the 3/8’s mile speedway.

Then of course Sunday September 2nd will see the 44th annual Hillbilly 100 for the Lucas Oil Late Models paying $25,000 to win. We are expecting a huge turnout of cars for this one, as this is race is one every driver would like to add to their resume. With the close proximity of other big events on Saturday night, this is sure to be an event you won’t want to miss, as we expect the best Late Model drivers on the business to fight for the huge payday and the prestige of winning the Hillbilly.

For more information visit www.racei77.com or call (304) 373-1110.

from what i can get out of this event. facility is not gonna work out for a large crowd???

#3 GEARHEAD

GEARHEAD

• Members
  • 5,956 posts
  • Interests:LM Racing and rock/metal music

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

from what i can get out of this event. facility is not gonna work out for a large crowd???

The place was overcrowded for the WoO show over Memorial Day weekend, so I think the Hillbilly will be a cluster. It's a good track, just not nearly enough room. The campers are forced to park quite a distance from the track.

#4 D1RT

D1RT

• Members
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

Round and round the Hillbilly and DTWC goes where Carl stops nobody knows.......... Him and his revolving tracks has tarnished the reputation and history of both races IMO.

#5 relieablesource

relieablesource

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

Round and round the Hillbilly and DTWC goes where Carl stops nobody knows..........
Him and his revolving tracks has tarnished the reputation and history of both races IMO.

I certainly would not say it is all Carl's fault for the track venue changes. Maybe this race could end up back in Mineral Wells next year?

#6 BRYAN

BRYAN

World's Greatest

• Members
  • 7,362 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

I certainly would not say it is all Carl's fault for the track venue changes. Maybe this race could end up back in Mineral Wells next year?

It needs to be at tyler.

#7 BUDWEISER75

BUDWEISER75

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

It needs to be at tyler.

Tyler co.is a shithole cant see a damn thing unless ur in the infield food is disgusting and the restrooms FORGET IT,Theres still shit from 10yrs ago in those things....biggest waste of money to hold an event like the hillbilly there again

Dirt...i like it

#8 BUDWEISER75

BUDWEISER75

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

It needs to be at tyler.

Should be called the DUST BOWL instead of the bullring

Dirt...i like it

#9 GIT_R_DONE

GIT_R_DONE

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

Should be called the DUST BOWL instead of the bullring

Yall crazy!! It ain't racin if u ain't eatin dirt!! Tyler co is awesome!

#10 BUDWEISER75

BUDWEISER75

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

Yall crazy!! It ain't racin if u ain't eatin dirt!! Tyler co is awesome!

Ya sure is....about as awesome as a sharp stick in the eye

Dirt...i like it

#11 satch14B

satch14B

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 05:05 AM

Tyler county is awesome

2013 race count-51 so far 2012 race count- 56 races, 20 different tracks, 4 different states DIRTS FOR RACING!

#12 GEARHEAD

GEARHEAD

• Members
  • 5,956 posts
  • Interests:LM Racing and rock/metal music

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

Tyler co.is a shithole cant see a damn thing unless ur in the infield food is disgusting and the restrooms FORGET IT,Theres still shit from 10yrs ago in those things....biggest waste of money to hold an event like the hillbilly there again

If the quality of the food and restrooms means more to you than the 4 and 5 wide racing that Tyler produces then you have issues and racing may not be the hobby for you.

#13 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

You aren't a racing fan. That is all.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#14 racer67x

racer67x

• Members
  • 2,446 posts
  • Interests:duh?

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

If the quality of the food and restrooms means more to you than the 4 and 5 wide racing that Tyler produces then you have issues and racing may not be the hobby for you.

never been a worse restroom than Pennsboro but I'd go back if they had it there..some of us still miss the old days,lol

#15 scruffy1a

scruffy1a

Racestud Sophistocate

• Members
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:26 AM

Clearly, you're not a fan. But what does your husband think of the venue?

If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just suck.

#16 lastlap

lastlap

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

never been a worse restroom than Pennsboro but I'd go back if they had it there..some of us still miss the old days,lol

i can't understand why pennsboro was ever left to rot. there wouldn't be an empty seat in the house if it ever reopened.

#17 lastlap

lastlap

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

i am interested in seeing the new track configuration.

#18 BUDWEISER75

BUDWEISER75

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

For the price of admission accomadation should match the price and racin!? What racin!? After the green drops 1st lap u cant see anything AKA DUST I dont care about dirt slingin but when your sittin behind the flagstand and you can only see turn 2 bareley because of all the dust...ive been to over 30 tracks and never has there been 1 so dusty.....

Dirt...i like it

#19 BUDWEISER75

BUDWEISER75

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

Lmao 4 or 5 what karts cause u sure as hell aint fittin 4 or 5 Lm anywhere on that track aint even nowhere to pass let alone 5wide....

Dirt...i like it

#20 racer67x

racer67x

• Members
  • 2,446 posts
  • Interests:duh?

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

i am interested in seeing the new track configuration.

here is what it looks like now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users