• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#41 dirtguy200948

dirtguy200948

Race Fan

• Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

All rulings and decisions are Highly dependent on the parties involved.

and confidential!

#42 GEARHEAD

GEARHEAD

• Members
  • 5,956 posts
  • Interests:LM Racing and rock/metal music

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

Since when have Opinions been put into complaining catagory???,and I myself have been to many many tracks around the country atleast from mich. Eastward and southern states as well i too enjoyed most all of them but the races i traveled too were worth every red cent because ithe best in the world were there not your local yokals....sorry their just not worth the price of admission ppms is charging....once agai thats my OPINION NOT A COM PLAINT

I'm not sure how can predict if the show is worth the money before it happens. I've paid $30 to watch a Lucas Oil freight train at Bedford, but paid $25 to watch Jared pass the entire field at PPMS a few weeks ago. The race at Bedford was worth $5 at the most, the race at PPMS was worth $50. If the Pittsburgher feature is as nearly as good as the Red Miley race it is well worth the $45. People worry too much about what drivers will attend these races when they should think about the quality of racing that they'll get to see. Just because the "names" are at a race doesn't mean the racing is better, in fact it's usually not as entertaining when they're there. Stargazers are the reason why we don't see more quality pill draw shows, and we instead see more qualifying/straight-up starts freight train races.

#43 mmiley

mmiley

Matt Miley

• Members
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:Short Track Racing!<br /><br />Email me at mmiley99@comcast.net for PPMS info!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:04 PM

Here is the approach we are taking with our special events. They are designed to attract some of the best cars in the region paying some of the best purses in the region, with the prize money usually staying in the region to promote regional racing. Not eveyone can afford to travel. Admission prices are commensurate with the purse being offered. The two day grandstand and pit prices are the same as 2011, no increase. All Saturday only feature event purses are significantly increased with the Supers leading the way at $10,000, while we continue to build the Sprints & Mods, which will be $3000. Pro Lates are holding at $2000, with some pending sponsors that may take that purse higher...stay tuned...while Sportsman are at $1000. Spin it any way you want, its America! FACT: Five of the best divisions in the area are running for some of the largest purses offered other than National Events. National events are cool to watch, but most often the big purse money gets hauled out of the region. The old add up my costs and I can't afford to race deal applies to every race night, racing IS expensive!...you won't get it to add up, it doesn't! You may get positive some nights, highly unlikely to go positive for the season, been there done that for 42 seasons...and I would not change a thing, 3 generations of the family at the Speedway on a Sat night, PRICELESS! Some folks have golf, we have racing, neither make money - golf outing I went to today was $100, plus transportation, plus greenies, plus new golf shoes so I didn't fall on my butt on the wet course - I think they over watered it! I'd rather be racing! Despite the higher prices at a much much much higher purse event your probability of a positive return as a racer is much higher at the Pittsburgher than most weekly shows. Do weekly racers really pay for every team member? If you do and every team member isn't in the shop all week busting their butts to make you faster and finish in the money shame on you - you are wasting your money. In my day we all paid our own way to help out the race team and the team usually bought some refreshments! Guess times have changed on that too! If you are paying for your own family that's a whole different deal, great if you can afford to pay for entertainment for the whole family. Way back in my day everyone in the family got a job and paid their own way. My opinion is these deals which are the best the region has to offer for racers and fans will continue if they are supported by racers and fans. Pretty simple really, race or watch the same old stuff week in and week out or see some of the best racing in five of the best divisions the region has, on one of the fastest tracks in the country that has produced some of the best racing in the country in every division that has raced in 2012. No, Scott Bloomquist won't be there to haul the hard earned Western PA money to Tennessee, the money will get to stay at home with some great regional racers in 5 great divisions, many who will get the biggest win of their season and possibly their career...but they probably are not reading this...they are getting ready to win the 24th running of what now is tagged, The Tri Star Pittsburgher! It's a five star deal in my mind! Super Lates, Winged Sprints, BRP Mods, Pro Lates (FASTRAK or EDGE legal), & Sportsman! Five new regional Pittsburgher Champions will be crowed September 15, 2012, be there to feel the excitement!

Posted Image

#44 mmiley

mmiley

Matt Miley

• Members
  • 1,168 posts
  • Interests:Short Track Racing!<br /><br />Email me at mmiley99@comcast.net for PPMS info!

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:36 PM

The JOOK George Pro Late event will be part of the Pittsburgher. If you would like to help sponsor that event 100% of all sponsor contributions will be added to the purse. Sponsors will be included in the Pittsburger program if they meet the deadline and announced at the event. Contact Matt at mmiley99@comcast.net.

If you are a racer and you are reading this you have Internet access.

Any questions about PPMS events can be emailed to me at mmiley99@comcast.net with your name, car number you are associated with, and division and I will answer them. Monster Truck Show this weekend followed by the Pittsburgher next weekend.

Speaking of the Monster Truck Show - all PPMS champs will get four free admissions. Congrats to them!

Any PPMS racer that participates in the drag racing will get a free admission. Heard we have one coming in a big rig!

Any PPMS racer in any division that races PPMS will get a free admission if they bring their race car to display for the Monster Truck fans to see.

Still a lot more to come at PPMS before the finale October 6! Vintage Mods have been added to our 9/22 event, BOSS OUTLAW Wingless Sprints added 9/29! Attendance counts as a "yes" we want this event vote!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 Kid Roberts

Kid Roberts

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

The crates will be interesting considering Sharon has a FASTRAK Northeast race. :mellow:

2012 Race Count - 8 Races, 7 Tracks, and 3 States 2011 Race Count - 53 Races, 23 Tracks, and 6 States 2010 Race Count - 50 Races, 6 Tracks, and 2 States

#46 badass bowtie

badass bowtie

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

I've been to Charlotte far more than you my friend, this has nothing to do with the race track or the area. But when you guys start bitching about the price of the races at PPMS, but have no problem driving 800 miles for a weekend, and the attendant expenses, then I'm going to call you on it. I wasn't comparing the two races, just the silliness of your bitching. But as a racefan, I enjoy local racing as much as your big event type of racing. And I'm glad I don't have to drive all day or fly to the Pittsburgher. Incidentally, I will also be at Charlotte in November.

and you have been to charlotte far more than i have. ??? you assume that to be true statement without knowing anything from my side. and as far as driving to see races at different tracks. weither it is 20 miles away or 200. i dont mind the driving and gas if i am seeing a great facility and product. can you explain to me how PMS can justify 40 bucks to get in when say a lernerville steel city stampede charges same amount. 8 clases of cars and had 200 cars in pits. and is 2 days of racing. i was at the red miley race recently. and it was a good race. but 40 dollars to see 30 late models and maybe if your lucky 15 sprint cars. and if lynch shows is no brainer who wins. holtgraver be racing fremont with sprint series. it is not worth my 40 dollars. and that is my opinion. and what is the silliness of that ??? why have a forum if people cant post their thoughts and opinions. 2 day pass PMS with pit pass $115.00 that is ridiculous to say the least. go enjoy. not me.

Edited by badass bowtie, 02 September 2012 - 11:51 PM.

#47 dirtL8MdlFan21&11

dirtL8MdlFan21&11

• Members
  • 3,174 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

don71... how much money did you make from your trip to Charlotte when you went a few years back? Was it worth it? Not knocking you because I applaud you for trying, but in all honesty, would you rather have been 45 minutes away at PPMS, or 8 hours at Charlotte? Which would be more economically smart for your race team? And bowtie...what kind of calculator are you using or what are you reading that you got 115.00? And FYI it is 30 dollars to get in EVERY week at lernerville if you arent a DIRT member, and I would rather pay 40 dollars NOT to watch half of those classes that they have at the stampede.

Edited by dirtL8MdlFan21&11, 02 September 2012 - 11:53 PM.

#48 badass bowtie

badass bowtie

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:02 AM

:blink: :blink:

Edited by badass bowtie, 03 September 2012 - 12:04 AM.

#49 dirtL8MdlFan21&11

dirtL8MdlFan21&11

• Members
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:07 AM

:blink: :blink:

ohhhhh good response... Still not sure what you are talking about with 115 dollars, were you referring to buying a two day grandstand pass as well as a pit pass? If that is how you got your figure, I must ask why in the hell you would do that?

#50 badass bowtie

badass bowtie

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:08 AM

don71... how much money did you make from your trip to Charlotte when you went a few years back? Was it worth it? Not knocking you because I applaud you for trying, but in all honesty, would you rather have been 45 minutes away at PPMS, or 8 hours at Charlotte? Which would be more economically smart for your race team?

And bowtie...what kind of calculator are you using or what are you reading that you got 115.00? And FYI it is 30 dollars to get in EVERY week at lernerville if you arent a DIRT member, and I would rather pay 40 dollars NOT to watch half of those classes that they have at the stampede.

2 day pass 45. pitpass 70. equal $115...

#51 dirtL8MdlFan21&11

dirtL8MdlFan21&11

• Members
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:13 AM

2 day pass 45. pitpass 70. equal $115...

Yes that is exactly what I said, and I will repeat myself, why in the hell would you buy both?

#52 badass bowtie

badass bowtie

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

I'm not sure how can predict if the show is worth the money before it happens. I've paid $30 to watch a Lucas Oil freight train at Bedford, but paid $25 to watch Jared pass the entire field at PPMS a few weeks ago. The race at Bedford was worth $5 at the most, the race at PPMS was worth $50. If the Pittsburgher feature is as nearly as good as the Red Miley race it is well worth the $45. People worry too much about what drivers will attend these races when they should think about the quality of racing that they'll get to see. Just because the "names" are at a race doesn't mean the racing is better, in fact it's usually not as entertaining when they're there. Stargazers are the reason why we don't see more quality pill draw shows, and we instead see more qualifying/straight-up starts freight train races.

wanting to see best drivers on dirt stargazing. when a guy passes the best drivers on planet is worth the money to me. Lucas oil freight train??? bedford is the problem not the racing series. sort of like tonight Hillbilly 100. Lucas Race. would of been a good one. RIPLEY, WV (September 2, 2012) - Mike Marlar of Winfield, TN stormed from the 24th and last starting position to win the 44th Annual Hillbilly 100 on Sunday Night at I-77 Raceway Park. Marlar, who won the race in 2004, took the lead on lap 77 from Don O'Neal and then pulled away for the $25,000 victory in the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series sanctioned event.
Marlar made the race by a LOLMDS provisional, and did not know he was in the starting line-up until five minutes before the cars rolled out on the race track. "I have to thank the Lord, it wasn't a good day for us, we just found out we were in the race right before the grid rolled out on the race track. We bolted on the softest tire we could per the rules," said Marlar.

#53 dirtL8MdlFan21&11

dirtL8MdlFan21&11

• Members
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:22 AM

wanting to see best drivers on dirt stargazing. when a guy passes the best drivers on planet is worth the money to me. Lucas oil freight train??? bedford is the problem not the racing series. sort of like tonight Hillbilly 100. Lucas Race. would of been a good one. RIPLEY, WV (September 2, 2012) - Mike Marlar of Winfield, TN stormed from the 24th and last starting position to win the 44th Annual Hillbilly 100 on Sunday Night at I-77 Raceway Park. Marlar, who won the race in 2004, took the lead on lap 77 from Don O'Neal and then pulled away for the $25,000 victory in the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series sanctioned event.
Marlar made the race by a LOLMDS provisional, and did not know he was in the starting line-up until five minutes before the cars rolled out on the race track. "I have to thank the Lord, it wasn't a good day for us, we just found out we were in the race right before the grid rolled out on the race track. We bolted on the softest tire we could per the rules," said Marlar.

This was a good race, but in terms of Lucas Oil, it is very rare to have a performance like that, and not many tracks on the circuit will provide that type of racing, just like not many tracks on the WOO circuit can produce the racing that Tyler County can produce like at the Black Diamond. Most of the races have minimum passing, and rarely a winner out of the top 10.

And again, I would like to know your reasoning behind buying your way in two times at the Pittsburgher...

#54 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 6,314 posts
  • Interests:auto racing of course

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:39 AM

and you have been to charlotte far more than i have. ??? you assume that to be true statement without knowing anything from my side. and as far as driving to see races at different tracks. weither it is 20 miles away or 200. i dont mind the driving and gas if i am seeing a great facility and product. can you explain to me how PMS can justify 40 bucks to get in when say a lernerville steel city stampede charges same amount. 8 clases of cars and had 200 cars in pits. and is 2 days of racing. i was at the red miley race recently. and it was a good race. but 40 dollars to see 30 late models and maybe if your lucky 15 sprint cars. and if lynch shows is no brainer who wins. holtgraver be racing fremont with sprint series. it is not worth my 40 dollars. and that is my opinion. and what is the silliness of that ??? why have a forum if people cant post their thoughts and opinions. 2 day pass PMS with pit pass $115.00 that is ridiculous to say the least. go enjoy. not me.

I'll be spending $45 for my 2-day pass, not interested in going to the pits. I shall indeed enjoy.

#55 GEARHEAD

GEARHEAD

• Members
  • 5,956 posts
  • Interests:LM Racing and rock/metal music

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:42 AM

You just validated my point...a non-lucas racer passed all of the Lucas Oil guys to get the win. Except for Blankenship, a Lucas Oil regular rarely passes 5 or more cars to win a race, not even Bloomer. It doesn't matter if regional guys are battling 3-wide or if national guys are battling 3-wide, it's equally entertaining. The regional teams need the money more than most of the national travelers, so I'm not sure why rewarding the regional teams for all of their hard work is such a bad thing. For me the fact that they are qualifying is more disappointing than the price of the event.

#56 blue by you

blue by you

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

are the hobby stocks an yg running this. just curious

#57 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:57 AM

Since when have Opinions been put into complaining catagory???,and I myself have been to many many tracks around the country atleast from mich. Eastward and southern states as well i too enjoyed most all of them but the races i traveled too were worth every red cent because ithe best in the world were there not your local yokals....sorry their just not worth the price of admission ppms is charging....once agai thats my OPINION NOT A COM PLAINT

Your opinion is negative and whiny. Your posts suck. Every. Single. One.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#58 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

Yes that is exactly what I said, and I will repeat myself, why in the hell would you buy both?

He is a moron. Don't try reason with him.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#59 LM RACING

LM RACING

Race Fan

• Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

It was 80 bucks at the knob early in the season to get in the pits for 3 days and thurs was only practice. The purse there was not even close to what ppms will be paying out for the pittsburgher. And in my opinion the only excitement in the firecracker feature was Miley coming from the tail to 8th everything else for the weekend with the exception of a few heats and a couple passes in the feature was boaring. And they way overcharged for that show but everyone paid it to watch the best in the world follow each other for 100 laps.

Matt D

#60 badass bowtie

badass bowtie

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

MY BOY ENJOYS THE PITS I DO NOT. CANT WATCH TRACK AND RACE FROM PITS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users