• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 lastlap

lastlap

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

i thought that the BRP series points leader had some kind of starting spot for super dirt week. how is that possible when they scheduled a race on the same weekend as super dirt week?

#2 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

i thought that the BRP series points leader had some kind of starting spot for super dirt week.

how is that possible when they scheduled a race on the same weekend as super dirt week?

I think the guaranteed BRP spot was done away with over the Bolland/Tremont debacle a couple years back. I might be wrong though.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#3 Hot Dog

Hot Dog

• Members
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

It wasn't a BRP Tour race. PPMS was just passing it off as one.

#4 lastlap

lastlap

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

It wasn't a BRP Tour race. PPMS was just passing it off as one.

false advertising?

typical ppms bs!

#5 lastlap

lastlap

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

what is up with the BRP web site or their the lack of one?

#6 Hot Dog

Hot Dog

• Members
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

They have a new address www.themodifiedtourinc.com

#7 LernervillePRDirector

LernervillePRDirector

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

i thought that the BRP series points leader had some kind of starting spot for super dirt week.

how is that possible when they scheduled a race on the same weekend as super dirt week?

BRP did have a tour provisional last year, it went unused I believe. I'm not sure this year, but in all honesty, who in the area can either afford or has the motivation to put together a competitive Syracuse car? I know Jeremiah tried last year and was close to making it , but had some bad luck.

As I understand it, the provisional could not be passed to the 2nd or 3rd place BRP cars if the original provisional could not or would not go.

Someone refresh my memory, didn't Bolland have the provo a few years ago and showed up at SDW with no car? I think that started the predicament with the BRP provisional. I think he was suspended from BRP competition for a while for that, and the provisional was taken away.

I'm kind of surprised more local modified drivers don't attempt the World Finals. They'd be pretty good bets to make the field, I think there were less than 30 cars last year for mods and it's not much more diesel than going to Syracuse, with a better chance of making a good showing, on live or semi live TV nonetheless.

Addicted to Dirt, no therapy or rehab for me please, I'll just learn to live with it. http://thedirtnetwork.blogspot.com/ The DIRT Network

#8 Dingo

Dingo

Race Fan

• Members
  • 942 posts
  • Interests:Vintage Modifieds.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:23 PM

BRP did have a tour provisional last year, it went unused I believe. I'm not sure this year, but in all honesty, who in the area can either afford or has the motivation to put together a competitive Syracuse car? I know Jeremiah tried last year and was close to making it , but had some bad luck.

As I understand it, the provisional could not be passed to the 2nd or 3rd place BRP cars if the original provisional could not or would not go.

Someone refresh my memory, didn't Bolland have the provo a few years ago and showed up at SDW with no car? I think that started the predicament with the BRP provisional. I think he was suspended from BRP competition for a while for that, and the provisional was taken away.

I'm kind of surprised more local modified drivers don't attempt the World Finals. They'd be pretty good bets to make the field, I think there were less than 30 cars last year for mods and it's not much more diesel than going to Syracuse, with a better chance of making a good showing, on live or semi live TV nonetheless.

Didn't Bolland win the Charlotte race a few years ago???

Pennsylvania Vintage Dirt Modifieds, follow us on Facebook.
Website - http://pavdma.wix.co...tage-modifieds#

#9 LernervillePRDirector

LernervillePRDirector

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

Didn't Bolland win the Charlotte race a few years ago???

It was when they used to do an April set of shows at the Dirt Track and then hit VMS on the way back home I believe. . I want to say 02 or 03.

Addicted to Dirt, no therapy or rehab for me please, I'll just learn to live with it. http://thedirtnetwork.blogspot.com/ The DIRT Network

#10 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

After doing some digging, the provisional still exists. Brian Weaver had it this year, but he doesn't have the backing to put together a competitive Syracuse effort. I'm sure he had the car and motor to do it, but the one thing everybody neglects that I think precludes most area teams from doing it... you need a massive crew to run the race, and most folks either don't have the crew to pull it off or simply can't afford the accommodations for the whole week for everybody. Rooms can be pricey up there, especially when The Orange are playing a football game at home that weekend too.

Kevin showed up that year at SDW, and even had a ride in Kenny Tremont's backup car, but the BRP tour was the one that said he had to use his own car to use the provisional.

The World Finaks have that weird stipulation where you have to have run at least one SDS race to be able to attend. Considering we haven't had an SDS race out this way in a few years, getting an SDS race under your belt before Charlotte has been tough. This year, they had that weekend where local teams had to run both Lernerville and Sharon to be eligible instead of having to run an SDS race. We'll see if it equals more western PA cars at the World Finals.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#11 LernervillePRDirector

LernervillePRDirector

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

After doing some digging, the provisional still exists. Brian Weaver had it this year, but he doesn't have the backing to put together a competitive Syracuse effort. I'm sure he had the car and motor to do it, but the one thing everybody neglects that I think precludes most area teams from doing it... you need a massive crew to run the race, and most folks either don't have the crew to pull it off or simply can't afford the accommodations for the whole week for everybody. Rooms can be pricey up there, especially when The Orange are playing a football game at home that weekend too.

Kevin showed up that year at SDW, and even had a ride in Kenny Tremont's backup car, but the BRP tour was the one that said he had to use his own car to use the provisional.

The World Finaks have that weird stipulation where you have to have run at least one SDS race to be able to attend. Considering we haven't had an SDS race out this way in a few years, getting an SDS race under your belt before Charlotte has been tough. This year, they had that weekend where local teams had to run both Lernerville and Sharon to be eligible instead of having to run an SDS race. We'll see if it equals more western PA cars at the World Finals.

lol. Yeah, those NY hotels are ridiculous. For my Canandaigua trip, I spent $170 on a very tiny room at the Buffalo airport/Williamsville. It's bad enough NY has taxed the living hell out of it's residents prompting a mass exodus in the 70's and 80's. Now they just tax and toll the tourists to death to make up for the lost revenue it would seem.

BRP may undergo a few changes in the coming months/year with the new leader. Lou Long resigned a month or two ago. It'll be interesting to see what happens, but is it time for BRP to just drop the Syracuse provisional in lieu of other incentives/offers? I think so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users