• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Tonja

Tonja

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:31 AM

As you all know Sharon is not bringing back the Mini Stocks next year. Our area needs to maintain an auto racing class that is affordable for the average driver who does not have large sponsors to help him with the many costs related to the sport. There is a large amount of local interest in the mini stocks by fans and drivers alike and eliminating this class would be detrimental to the sport of dirt track racing. Young new drivers often start out in this class as they do not have the funds nor the experience to enter the emod or modified classes. They are our future, the future of racing in this area.

Edited by Tonja, 16 October 2012 - 10:03 PM.

#2 bonez

bonez

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

I still do not understand why a track would get rid of this class. I see it run at RW7 every week and they bring in alot of people with them, always take less time to finish their races than any other class and get paid next to nothing. So when it come down to it they realy are good for tracks especially if you add in the fact that some of these younger racers use mini stocks as a starting point not to mention the financial end of it for the tracks.

#3 scruffy1a

scruffy1a

Racestud Sophistocate

• Members
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:46 AM

As you all know Sharon has not bringing back the Mini Stocks next. Our area needs to maintain an auto racing class that is affordable for the average driver who does not have large sponsors to help him with the many costs related to the sport.
There is a large amount of local interest in the mini stocks by fans and drivers alike and eliminating this class would be detrimental to the sport of dirt track racing. Young new drivers often start out in this class as they do not have the funds nor the experience to enter the emod or modified classes.
They are our future, the future of racing in this area.

Maybe the future of racing could start in one of the other 4 support divisions that Sharon still has.

If you can't afford a Camaro, get a Malibu. If you can't afford a Malibu, get a Cavalier. If they quit making Cavaliers but you really want a Chevy, get a used Malibu that you can drive until you can afford something better. Or don't buy a car at all. Don't ask Chevy to bring back Cavaliers - they dropped them for a reason. Switch manufacturers if you're not satisfied with Chevy's choices.

If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just suck.

#4 sevacko

sevacko

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

Well I want to say something I'm not the biggest fan of the mini but I love the sport as a hole so with that being said its a key class to have to get new drives feet wet what Sharon should do and yes I have raced there but they need to look for better flagman and better officials the tech guys r good they have alot of knowledge but the guys they have running the show need to worry about putting on a show that draws back the racer and most important the fans without that they have nothing I know is hard to see everything but not weeny anything is hard to beleave Mercer got rid of those guys for a reason not just because they thought Sharon needed help so my thoughts r don't get ride of any classes get some officials that have some respect to everyone and they will get respected back and the show will build its way back I mean I remember when both side of the track was filled with fans when stock cars looked stock the late models where the fast cars three wheels around the track and then the great old mighty big blocks that came from all over now I know times are harder now fuel cost more parts are more everything got a higher price on it but the payout but raise the payout raise the car count raise the excitement then what u have is both sides filled with fans and then have one great Sharon speedway again not some backyard crap that its turning. Out to be start all over and do it the smart way not the way that f :( ills ur pockets but they way that one family seen there dreams hope I didn't bor you but I miss the old Sharon speedway

#5 Hot Dog

Hot Dog

• Members
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

Well I want to say something I'm not the biggest fan of the mini but I love the sport as a hole so with that being said its a key class to have to get new drives feet wet what Sharon should do and yes I have raced there but they need to look for better flagman and better officials the tech guys r good they have alot of knowledge but the guys they have running the show need to worry about putting on a show that draws back the racer and most important the fans without that they have nothing I know is hard to see everything but not weeny anything is hard to beleave Mercer got rid of those guys for a reason not just because they thought Sharon needed help so my thoughts r don't get ride of any classes get some officials that have some respect to everyone and they will get respected back and the show will build its way back I mean I remember when both side of the track was filled with fans when stock cars looked stock the late models where the fast cars three wheels around the track and then the great old mighty big blocks that came from all over now I know times are harder now fuel cost more parts are more everything got a higher price on it but the payout but raise the payout raise the car count raise the excitement then what u have is both sides filled with fans and then have one great Sharon speedway again not some backyard crap that its turning. Out to be start all over and do it the smart way not the way that f :( ills ur pockets but they way that one family seen there dreams hope I didn't bor you but I miss the old Sharon speedway

Not one period in that entire mess.

#6 sevacko

sevacko

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

Sorry but I hope I got the point across not as good as that Mike Guy the track pays to do this that needs kick out too.............................. I think I got them this time smart ass I know ill save u the time ok..

Edited by sevacko, 11 October 2012 - 08:55 PM.

#7 blaneyfan10

blaneyfan10

• Members
  • 1,809 posts
  • Interests:racing

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

what they need to do is go back to the half mile and run sprints,bbmods,emods and stocks the way it used to be. western pa and eastern ohio tracks problems are they have 50 diffrent classes.

#8 sevacko

sevacko

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

what they need to do is go back to the half mile and run sprints,bbmods,emods and stocks the way it used to be. western pa and eastern ohio tracks problems are they have 50 diffrent classes.

I think that the track in fine the way it is. It does need to go back to the old classes sprints big block modifiers e-mod as they call them stock cars but they way they used to be not looking like late models and keep the mini stocks and stay with the fast track late models o and make so new rules and keep to them make a stand with the rules. Happy. Make the rules to where the stock cars are not racing each others pocketbook make it to where if so one had a little money and some help of some friends they could put a car together and could be a threat to the other drives then close down on the emods if u have a but load of money to spend the move up to the big block or even the sprints

#9 Guest_shaf34_*

Guest_shaf34_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:16 AM

Not one period in that entire mess.

I found one. Its like Where's Waldo?

#10 motorhead56

motorhead56

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

been rumors around that mercer is considering opening up the mini stock rules. hope we get to run headers

#11 bonez

bonez

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

If Sharon gets rid of minis and mercer opens up their rules there would be a full field of minis there. And if Mercer would open up to 6cyl. also their could be 30 cars a night there. Say what you will about the minis but they help to pay the purse for the other classes.

#12 3799

• Members
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

We will be opening up the rules at Mercer, but definitely not going to allow 6 cylinders.

#13 bigracer25k

bigracer25k

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

Emods have the bigger car count on a weekly show. Piss on the over paid sprints and big blocks. You dont need a ton of money to run the stocks you just have to know where to put it. The way a car looks dont make it faster. Some of you guys just want to cry about things that dont matter.

#14 3799

• Members
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Emods have the bigger car count on a weekly show. Piss on the over paid sprints and big blocks. You dont need a ton of money to run the stocks you just have to know where to put it. The way a car looks dont make it faster. Some of you guys just want to cry about things that dont matter.

And what does that rant have to do with the mini stocks?

#15 Tonja

Tonja

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

http://www.thepetiti...haron-speedway/

#16 Tonja

Tonja

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

http://www.thepetiti...haron-speedway/

Please sign the petition.

#17 bigracer25k

bigracer25k

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

I will say that I like the mini stocks they are more fun to watch then the big blocks. more passing in the mini and you never know what will happen.

#18 bonez

bonez

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

We will be opening up the rules at Mercer, but definitely not going to allow 6 cylinders.

Why not allow 6cyl. to race?

#19 3799

• Members
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

There is no need to. There are plenty of minis. Allowing 6 cylinders puts the mini stocks at a disadvantage.

#20 3799

• Members
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

There is no need to. There are plenty of minis. Allowing 6 cylinders puts the mini stocks at a disadvantage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users