Columbus race track moves forward with construction plans

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 riptide

riptide

• Members
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

This isn't exactly brand new news, but it is a new track that is moving forward for Ohio.

Columbus Dispatch story(Oct 25, 2012)>>>>LINK
Developer who won over neighbors unveils plans for the racetrack and auto complex that will replace Cooper Stadium in 2014

Video of the SPARC omplex design>>>LINK (note: Vimeo video may not play on all browsers)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by riptide, 08 November 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#2 DavyLee2

DavyLee2

• Members
  • 3,369 posts
  • Interests:racing/music/billiards

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

This isn't exactly brand new news, but it is a new track that is moving forward for Ohio.

Columbus Dispatch story(Nov 7, 2012)>>>>LINK
Developer who won over neighbors unveils plans for the racetrack and auto complex that will replace Cooper Stadium in 2014

Video of the SPARC omplex design>>>LINK (note: Vimeo video may not play on all browsers)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awsome . ! :)

#3 Dr_Dirt

Dr_Dirt

Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 5,055 posts
  • Interests:DIRT

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

I'm less than 10 miles from it and really wish it was going to be dirt, lol.

HAMMERS DOWN - GREEN FLAG'S UP - WE'RE RACING!!!

#4 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

Meh. It's not going to be geared towards short track fans. It's more for rich people with too much money and too little brains.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#5 SprintFun

SprintFun

Rick's Inspiration

• Members
  • 5,643 posts
  • Interests:Sprint Cars, Late Models

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

I'm less than 10 miles from it and really wish it was going to be dirt, lol.

Nice, I'm in Dublin, don't know how much I'll attend.

#6 riptide

riptide

• Members
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

Meh. It's not going to be geared towards short track fans. It's more for rich people with too much money and too little brains.

Are you saying the people with all the brains don't have any money? LOL!!!!!

#7 prezsez

prezsez

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • Interests:RACING, not nascar though. But I live & breathe stock car racing. Not so much Sprints, or emods. Even though I own a 2bbl emod, I'm still not thrilled with returning to dirt, after a 15 year absence. We'll see how things go this year coming up, 2012. Maybe it'll grow on me, again.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Nice, I'm in Dublin, don't know how much I'll attend.

Columbus Motor Speedway has a pretty good fanbase right now. D'Ya suppose those folks will give up the old homestead. That place is pretty exciting, it's shaped like an egg, & racings pretty good there.

#8 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Are you saying the people with all the brains don't have any money? LOL!!!!!

No, only you would make that reach with your complete lack of any sensibility or professionalism.

The place will last until one of those rich idiots balls a Lamborghini or Ferrari up and hurts themselves and sues the pants off of them.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#9 riptide

riptide

• Members
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

No, only you would make that reach with your complete lack of any sensibility or professionalism.

The place will last until one of those rich idiots balls a Lamborghini or Ferrari up and hurts themselves and sues the pants off of them.

Sorry Bitsy,

I posted some info about a new track in Columbus with links for anyone who wanted to get more details.
Nothing more and nothing less! Not interested then just move on! Pretty simple really!

THEN... you had to post your typical comments questioning the integrity, intelligence and character of anyone who would attend this facility.

AND....I'm the one without sensibility or professionalism? You are too funny for sure!!

Sounds like someone is suffering an attack of jealousy or maybe they have a poor boy complex!

Try again Bitsy!

#10 Ralph Crisanks Jr.

Ralph Crisanks Jr.

Race Fan

• Members
  • 783 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

Sorry Bitsy,

I pooped out some info about a new crack in cinnabuns with sausage links for anyone who wanted to touch my butt for more details.
I love whores and I'll except nothing less! I like snot intercourse so just HANG ON! Pretty pimples really!

THEN... you had to toast my topical cream questioning the sexuality of myself, impotence and carroters(real thing btw) of ball of twine who would apprehend my virginity.

AND....I'm the one with increased sensitivity(i mean i cry all the time......I'm crying right now!) or congestionalism? You are too funny ber bure!

Sounds like someone is buffering an attic of smellousy or rabies have a snore mer ger!

I'm an idiot

Riptide...I like your style!

#11 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

"Developer who won over neighbors unveils plans for the racetrack and auto complex that will replace Cooper Stadium in 2014" I thought the thread was interesting and Googled Cooper Stadium to get a satellite look at it or out curiosity. I don't think the "Developer" had much trouble winning over the neighbors, because except for the interstate and business on two sides, it's surrounded by cemetaries ... :)

#12 Dr_Dirt

Dr_Dirt

Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 5,055 posts
  • Interests:DIRT

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

"Developer who won over neighbors unveils plans for the racetrack and auto complex that will replace Cooper Stadium in 2014"

I thought the thread was interesting and Googled Cooper Stadium to get a satellite look at it or out curiosity. I don't think the "Developer" had much trouble winning over the neighbors, because except for the interstate and business on two sides, it's surrounded by cemetaries ... :)

There is a small wildlife preserve or bird sanctuary very close to the area that had citizens in an uproar.

HAMMERS DOWN - GREEN FLAG'S UP - WE'RE RACING!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users