New Tracks for fastrak late models ?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 TUFFY

TUFFY

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

Anyone know what tracks might be adding the fastrak late models to their weekly program for 2013 ?

#2 suhoney18

suhoney18

No Life

• Members
  • 3,248 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

Anyone know what tracks might be adding the fastrak late models to their weekly program for 2013 ?

from what was said in another thread it seems amp is looking at them...

#3 watertruck

watertruck

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

I believe hesston is looking at them.

#4 dylchris

dylchris

• Members
  • 1,817 posts
  • Interests:racing

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

It was announced at the rules meeting that AMP wants nothign to do with them and created their own semi-late class, in which the 602 engine is legal but the 604 is not.

from what was said in another thread it seems amp is looking at them...

#5 wildside

wildside

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

Nasmith in the northeast watch going to be alot of big crate news in the next two weeks or so.

#6 arsnyder16

arsnyder16

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

It was announced at the rules meeting that AMP wants nothign to do with them and created their own semi-late class, in which the 602 engine is legal but the 604 is not.

Do you know the reason why the 604 is not allowed? Seems like a shot in foot considering there are a lot of 604s in the area.

#7 dylchris

dylchris

• Members
  • 1,817 posts
  • Interests:racing

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

Cam rule 320 max lift on cam, 1.5 rocker max lift at valve 480; no roller cams.
Other rules that may dampen the crate racers is oil fixed valve shocks only, no adjustable shocks and no spoiler.
Jeff stated this is his hobby class; that a person wanting to get into racing could purchase an older chassis, build a limited engine, and be in competitive equipment wise for a reasonable amount of money; then they can race for 5 or 6 hundred to win 100 to start.

Do you know the reason why the 604 is not allowed? Seems like a shot in foot considering there are a lot of 604s in the area.

#8 D1RT

D1RT

• Members
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

Nasmith in the northeast watch going to be alot of big crate news in the next two weeks or so.

Hmmm.....
Could a couple former employees be bringing in some competition for Fastrak????

#9 TheLegend

TheLegend

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

Yes it's a budget class and a 604 is 2500 more than a 602 !!!

#10 BUTTBEAK

BUTTBEAK

RAPIDIUSRIDICULOSIS's

• Members
  • 1,554 posts
  • Interests:Painting Landscapes

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

NO spoiler? :lol:

#11 racer777

racer777

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Other rules that may dampen the crate racers is oil fixed valve shocks only, no adjustable shocks and no spoiler.
Jeff stated this is his hobby class; that a person wanting to get into racing could purchase an older chassis, build a limited engine, and be in competitive equipment wise for a reasonable amount of money; then they can race for 5 or 6 hundred to win 100 to start.

Absolutely love this idea !!! Especially the shock rule !!! About time someone wised up !!

#12 Dandyjr19

Dandyjr19

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

VERY VERY nice about time. give it a little time

#13 suhoney18

suhoney18

No Life

• Members
  • 3,248 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

thanks!! i just saw the post where he said about the crate drivers coming for a serious discussion...

#14 Chuck Stevens

Chuck Stevens

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:53 PM

thanks!! i just saw the post where he said about the crate drivers coming for a serious discussion...

Let me correct you on your ill stated comment.Jeff did want to include the crate lates.Only two car owners showed up for the meeting,When it was discussed about shock rules and a few other things,it was determined that the difference between the two classes was just to far apart.The idea is to start a new affordable class,by allowing 1200.00 shocks and other rules we start another class with the same problems.Jeff has nothing against crate lates but there was no interest shown by the class or they would have been at the meeting.People on here keep saying if he ran crates he would have 30 cars on opening day,yet only two teams showed up at the meeting.

#15 suhoney18

suhoney18

No Life

• Members
  • 3,248 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

Let me correct you on your ill stated comment.Jeff did want to include the crate lates.Only two car owners showed up for the meeting,When it was discussed about shock rules and a few other things,it was determined that the difference between the two classes was just to far apart.The idea is to start a new affordable class,by allowing 1200.00 shocks and other rules we start another class with the same problems.Jeff has nothing against crate lates but there was no interest shown by the class or they would have been at the meeting.People on here keep saying if he ran crates he would have 30 cars on opening day,yet only two teams showed up at the meeting.

i never said anything??? you posted on here that the crates need to show up for serious talks so i posted you might be looking at picking them up...don't know what i said that got your goat up so much....

#16 55-jm2

55-jm2

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

There is no reason for crate guys to show up at a rules meeting. That was my thinking anyways. We have a pretty much universal rulebook that works very well. As long as you would have a Fastrak or Rush sanctioning, plenty of cars would show up. If you don't have a sanctioning and try to implement your own rules, you're car count will be less.

#17 kip77

kip77

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:sports-racing-Hanging out with my daughters Kaelynn and Lana

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

There is no reason for crate guys to show up at a rules meeting. That was my thinking anyways. We have a pretty much universal rulebook that works very well. As long as you would have a Fastrak or Rush sanctioning, plenty of cars would show up. If you don't have a sanctioning and try to implement your own rules, you're car count will be less.

I would completely agree with you if this was a crate class. But it isn't a crate class. It's more or less his hobby class. There seems to be a ton of interest in this class locally. And I think that's what the owner was shooting for. No disrespect to the crates; but I think this way will grow a better class for the locals. But that's just my opinion.

Motor racing, mountain climbing and bull fighting are the only true sports... All the rest are children's games played by adults." Ernest Hemingway

Find me on Facebook: Kip Charles - Clearfield, PA
or Twitter @kip1977

#18 D1RT

D1RT

• Members
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

I would completely agree with you if this was a crate class. But it isn't a crate class. It's more or less his hobby class. There seems to be a ton of interest in this class locally. And I think that's what the owner was shooting for. No disrespect to the crates; but I think this way will grow a better class for the locals. But that's just my opinion.

Was there any discussion on putting some kind of claim rule on this division to prevent people from "out spending" everyone???
You know it will happen. Just look at all the crazy money being spent in the support divisions now....

#19 TheLegend

TheLegend

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

Was there any discussion on putting some kind of claim rule on this division to prevent people from "out spending" everyone???
You know it will happen. Just look at all the crazy money being spent in the support divisions now....

Their using a smode rule instead of a claim rule .... if you get caught cheating you have to give all of the competiors smode !!

#20 kip77

kip77

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:sports-racing-Hanging out with my daughters Kaelynn and Lana

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:50 AM

I do not believe there is any claim rule.

Motor racing, mountain climbing and bull fighting are the only true sports... All the rest are children's games played by adults." Ernest Hemingway

Find me on Facebook: Kip Charles - Clearfield, PA
or Twitter @kip1977

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users