• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

Lou Blaney is on this year's final ballot for inductiuon to the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame in Knoxville, Iowa. He was on the final ballot a couple of years back, but it just so happend that was the year that Fred Rahmer and Jac Haudenschield became old enough to be eligible as still active drivers. They made it and Lou did not!! But this time I think he has a real good shot at it!! Also on the ballot in the Promoter-official catagory is Jean Lynch, who I also think has a good chance for election!! I have sent my ballot in and have high hopes these two much deserving members of our area racing fraternity will be elected!!! The new members of the Hall will be announced during the Chili Bowl next month. GOOD RACING too all!!! Walt

#2 signman ed

signman ed

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  • Interests:racing, nostalgia

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Two absolute no-brainers. They should already be in.

#3 Rappin on Racin

Rappin on Racin

Race Fan

• Members
  • 865 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Good choices, thanks for all your effort.

#4 clwillis

clwillis

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:racing

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

Overdue for both.

#5 TheLegend

TheLegend

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

Lou Blaney is on this year's final ballot for inductiuon to the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame in Knoxville, Iowa. He was on the final ballot a couple of years back, but it just so happend that was the year that Fred Rahmer and Jac Haudenschield became old enough to be eligible as still active drivers. They made it and Lou did not!! But this time I think he has a real good shot at it!!

Also on the ballot in the Promoter-official catagory is Jean Lynch, who I also think has a good chance for election!!

I have sent my ballot in and have high hopes these two much deserving members of our area racing fraternity will be elected!!! The new members of the Hall will be announced during the Chili Bowl next month.

GOOD RACING too all!!! How many sprint car wins does Lou blaney have ?

Walt

#6 4effer

4effer

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

How does a person get a ballot form?

PROUDLY WORKING ON MY SECOND MILLION.(gave up on the first)

#7 manny

manny

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

good job walt.

#8 dale

dale

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

Thank you Walt. Thank you for staying with Lou!

#9 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

To 4effer.......Ballots only go to members of the Hall of Fame panel. Most, if not all, are members of the racing media. Walt

#10 TheLegend

TheLegend

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

To 4effer.......Ballots only go to members of the Hall of Fame panel. Most, if not all, are members of the racing media.

Walt

How many sprint car wins does Lou blaney have ?

#11 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

200+, but the exact total is unknown, even by the Blaney family. I have 145 documented from 1966 on + 343 Modified wins. Howrver, no one was keeping count back in the early 60s!! Walt

#12 JIMBALENTINE

JIMBALENTINE

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

I know Lou had 12 at Sharon from 1959 until 1969.. I had a total roughly from 1959 until 1969 from an old racing website... these are early wins.. 1960 HEIDELBURG RACE #25 Jun 2 1961 Greater Pittsburgh Speedway Jun 30 1961 Greater Pittsburgh Speedway Jul 14 1961 Greater Pittsburgh Speedway Jul 28 1961 Greater Pittsburgh Speedway Aug 17 1961 Heidelberg Raceway Sprint Car Lou deserves to be in much more than some that are in there...

#13 Skull

Skull

• Members
  • 4,715 posts
  • Interests:I'm interesting

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

200+, but the exact total is unknown, even by the Blaney family. I have 145 documented from 1966 on + 343 Modified wins. Howrver, no one was keeping count back in the early 60s!!

Walt

Folks that have been going for the last two dozen years or so only associate Lou with the Big Block Modifieds. Lou was a prolific winner in Sprints and won some of this regions' most prestigious events, including the Williams Grove National Open. I'd be stunned if he didn't get in.

And, few people in this area have done more to promote dirt track racing than Jean Lynch. The woman could write a novel about how it's supposed to be done.

Edited by Skull, 17 December 2012 - 06:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users