• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 rocket53

rocket53

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

Denny Petyak passed today ,he will be missed greatly ,he was a true racer,owner and fan !

#2 race ace

race ace

race ace

• Members
  • 2,511 posts
  • Interests:dirt track racer

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

this is sad to hear i remember watching him at Hidden valley our thoughts go out to his family and friends .

race ace

#3 RocketScienceMR7

RocketScienceMR7

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

Thoughts and prayers to the Petyak family. Denny was a great guy, on and off the track. RIP

#4 RocketRide

RocketRide

Race Fan

• Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

Thoughts and prayers to the Petyak family. Denny was a great guy, on and off the track. RIP

You are absolutely correct,great guy,sorry to hear this,deepest sympathy to the family.

#5 Express Man

Express Man

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

Sorry to hear this....Truley a nice guy! Thought I had heard a few years ago he had some heart trouble! I allways thought thats why he quit driving!

#6 tjtrackrabbit

tjtrackrabbit

Race Fan

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

More sad news, R.I.P. Denny.

If you ain't live'n life on the edge, yer taken up to much room.

#7 toofastforyou

toofastforyou

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Thoughts and prayers to the Petyak family. Denny was a great guy and a clean racer. He will be missed by many. Our deepest sympathy....Buchanan Race Team.

#8 zero hero

zero hero

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Thoughts and prayers to the family .

#9 MGD5656

MGD5656

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Sad news indeed! Denny was dedicated to the sport! Thoughts & prayers to the family.

#10 lepsch1

lepsch1

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Just spoke with Denny last friday. He called me to just see what was happening. He seemed very excited as usual about the upcoming race season and getting his cars ready for Joey. This loss hurts bad as i think he was just the best friend in racing that a guy could have. I will very much miss his sense of humor and help in ideas with how to set up a car. He was a great example to all of us on how to have a wonderful relationship with your son. I hope that i can learn from Denny on how to be a great friend, and above all a great example to your kids as a dad. I think that is the highest compliment that a father could receive. Rest in peace Denny. A friend that will be sorely missed.

Edited by lepsch1, 30 December 2012 - 10:22 PM.

#11 Drt35

Drt35

• Members
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

just spoke with denny last friday He called me to just see what was happening He seemed very excited as usual about the upcoming race season and getting his cars ready for joey This loss hurts bad as i think he was just the best friend in racing that a guy could have I will very much miss his sense of humor and help in ideas with how to set up a car. He was a great example to all of us on how to have a wonderful relationship with your son I hope that i can learn from denny on how to be a great friend and above all a great example to your kids as a dad I think that is the highest compliment that a father could have Rest in peace denny A friend that will be sorely missed

Well said, gone too soon.

#12 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

I did not know Denny Petyak, but remember his name from tracks up Clearfield way. If someone will fill me in on his hometown, tracks and classes run, I will make mention of his passing in my next AARN colunm. It has really been a sad holiday preiod with the loss of Doug Hoffman, Hooker Hood, Stan Friesen and Milt Johnson who was the father of Alan and Danny johnson and a noted engine builder in New York R.I.P. for all of these members of the short track racing fraternity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users