• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 1,902 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

I am currently working on the ballot for the 2013 "Western PA Rookie of the year" award which I have been sponsoring for 45 years. I currently have the names of 17 drivers to be considered for "nomination". I only have room for some 12-15 drivers on the ballot, so some of the names I now have will be paired from the list before the ballots are sent out in a couple of weeks. I thought I would post the list on here to make sure I have all the most deserving drivers on the ballot It you know of any driver who should be considered, please let me know. When you send the name, I will need the track(s) and class the driver ran, along with their hometown and car number. Then I will check further on any additions to this list. Keep one thing in mind, that this must be a "raw" rookie driver, not one moving up in class such as Street Stocks to Late Models, etc. Go-karts don't count against a driver and a driver is is allowed to have run up to six races before the 2013 season. HERE ARE THE DRIVERS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSIDERATION: Eric Beggs......358 Modifieds, Mercer Jerod Brougher.....Super Compacts, Motordrome Matthew Cain.....Mini-stocks, Mercer Travis Creech.....Mini-Stocks, Sharon Josh Deems.....Mini-Stocks, Mercer Matt Echman.....Limited Late Models, Bedford Sam Eichelberger.....Late Models, Lernerville and Pittsburgh Mike Flockerzi.....Mini-Stocks, Mercer Makayla Guidance.....358 Modifieds, Mercer Cody Hummel.....Pure Stocks, America's Raceway Park Kelvin Kohan.....Late Models, Lernerville & 3/4 Late Models Tim McAnich.....Mini-Stocks, Sharon Rick Regalski, Modifieds, Sharon & Lernerville Ty Rhoades.....Econo-Mods, Sharon & Raceway 7 Curtis Teats.....Street Stocks, America's Raceway Park. Aaron Van Fleet.....Super Compacts, Motordrome Joey Zambotti.....Sportsman (Street Stocks), Lernervile THANX & GOOD RACING TO ALL!! Walt

#2 116 octain

116 octain

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:10 AM

Hummel ran same car in 2012, just sayin if this is rookie of the year they should be rookie's.

#3 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:44 AM

116 octain: The PR guy from America's Motorsports Park told me he was a rookie and nominated him. I have no personal knowledge on this driver . Can you document that he raced in 2012 and at what track, since America's motorsports Park was not in operating in 2012?? Walt

#4 karter27m

karter27m

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:02 AM

116 octain: The PR guy from America's Motorsports Park told me he was a rookie and nominated him. I have no personal knowledge on this driver . Can you document that
he raced in 2012 and at what track, since America's motorsports Park was not in operating in 2012??

Walt

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Cody raced karts in 2012, maybe a few car races but you allow up to 6 races the prior year.

#5 gofast05

gofast05

Race Fan

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • Interests:Racing, BMX, Hunting, Hanging out with my family

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Cody raced karts in 2012, maybe a few car races but you allow up to 6 races the prior year.

teats ran 2012 at hummingbird in a street stock.

#6 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

Checking the Hummingbird website and Teats finished 18th in points at that track in 2012. So he will not be eligible for the "Western PA Rookie of the Year" award, unless it cam can be proved that he ran six or less races in 2012. Walt

#7 sle21

sle21

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

How is a driver nominated and who gets to vote on the ballet?

#8 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

Some 90 members of the media and track officials do the voting. Those same people more or less do the "nominating" . But if someone on here comes up with a worthwhile prospect I can "nominate" them and put them on the ballot. Walt

#9 CHEVY1A

CHEVY1A

Race Fan

• Members
  • 629 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:30 PM

Didn't Sam Eichelberger run crates and limited lates at Dog Hollow and Marion Center in 2011-2012 #27?

#10 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

CHEVY1A...........Yes, he did and he has been dropped off the list as not eligible for the award!! That's the reason I do some checking as one can't watch everyone at around 20 tracks and sometimes I get some bogus info!!! Walt

#11 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:38 AM

Note: Three drivers from Mercer on the list actually ran with the Mod Lites rather than Mini-stocks. My error!! Walt

#12 mavajo3

mavajo3

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

My vote would be for Eric Beggs.

#13 ramey36

ramey36

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Oval track, nostalgia, motorcycles, muscle cars, drag racing, karts, anything fast

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

If I recall correctly, Cody ran just one race in 2012 in a stock car.
Ramey Womer
womerracing.com
umipeformance.com
circletrack.com
ontrackracingexperience.com
cnbbankracewaypark.com
codyhummelracing.com

#14 The Legend

The Legend

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

I vote for whoever built this body !!!

Attached Files

#15 spike

spike

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

I vote for whoever built this body !!!

:unsure:

#16 hammer time

hammer time

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

The Hummel kid was at marion center in 2012 there are pic on the web site no sure how many times

#17 THowe69

THowe69

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:09 PM

If I recall correctly, Cody ran just one race in 2012 in a stock car.

he ran twice i think one at marion center and one at thunder mtn.

#18 MyBrnEydGrl

MyBrnEydGrl

Cool Newbie

• Member Group
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

Didn't Jerod Brougher run a full season in 2012 at Motordrome in a Super Compact??

I am currently working on the ballot for the 2013 "Western PA Rookie of the year" award which I have been sponsoring for 45 years. I currently have the names
of 17 drivers to be considered for "nomination". I only have room for some 12-15 drivers on the ballot, so some of the names I now have will be paired from the
list before the ballots are sent out in a couple of weeks. I thought I would post the list on here to make sure I have all the most deserving drivers on the ballot
It you know of any driver who should be considered, please let me know. When you send the name, I will need the track(s) and class the driver ran, along with
their hometown and car number. Then I will check further on any additions to this list.

Keep one thing in mind, that this must be a "raw" rookie driver, not one moving up in class such as Street Stocks to Late Models, etc. Go-karts don't count against
a driver and a driver is is allowed to have run up to six races before the 2013 season.

HERE ARE THE DRIVERS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSIDERATION:

Eric Beggs......358 Modifieds, Mercer

Jerod Brougher.....Super Compacts, Motordrome

Matthew Cain.....Mini-stocks, Mercer

Travis Creech.....Mini-Stocks, Sharon

Josh Deems.....Mini-Stocks, Mercer

Matt Echman.....Limited Late Models, Bedford

Sam Eichelberger.....Late Models, Lernerville and Pittsburgh

Mike Flockerzi.....Mini-Stocks, Mercer

Makayla Guidance.....358 Modifieds, Mercer

Cody Hummel.....Pure Stocks, America's Raceway Park

Kelvin Kohan.....Late Models, Lernerville & 3/4 Late Models

Tim McAnich.....Mini-Stocks, Sharon

Rick Regalski, Modifieds, Sharon & Lernerville

Ty Rhoades.....Econo-Mods, Sharon & Raceway 7

Curtis Teats.....Street Stocks, America's Raceway Park.

Aaron Van Fleet.....Super Compacts, Motordrome

Joey Zambotti.....Sportsman (Street Stocks), Lernervile

THANX & GOOD RACING TO ALL!!

Walt

Edited by MyBrnEydGrl, 15 January 2014 - 12:39 PM.

#19 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

MyBrnEydGrl.......I know nothing of Jason Brougher personally. However he was nominated by Dave Dragovich, who covers Motordrome for AARN and is at the track most every week. so he should certainly know if this guy is a rookie. Do you have any "proof" that Brougher raced in 2012??? Walt

#20 MyBrnEydGrl

MyBrnEydGrl

Cool Newbie

• Member Group
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

He's in the final point standings for 2012. He finished 17th with 420 points. Not sure if thats for the whole season though.

MyBrnEydGrl.......I know nothing of Jason Brougher personally. However he was nominated by Dave Dragovich, who covers Motordrome for AARN and is at the track most every week.
so he should certainly know if this guy is a rookie. Do you have any "proof" that Brougher raced in 2012???

Walt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users