• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Tim W

Tim W

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

As the Buckeye Machine BOSS championship battle nears the halfway point, the stars and cars of the tour head back into Pennsylvania for a doubleheader weekend. Friday night will find the wingless warriors battling on the historic 4/10 mile Lernerville Speedway in Sarver, Pennsylvania. On Saturday, the tour will make history once again as they attack America's Motorsports Park in Clearfield, Pennsylvania. This will mark the first time wingless sprint cars have ever run at the 1/4 mile semi banked facility.

On Saturday night, the drivers will get their first look at America's Motorsports Park. This quarter mile first opened in 1992 and operated in the past under the names Hidden Valley Speedway and Gambler's Speedway. Sprint car owner/driver Jeff Taylor is now in his second season at AMP and he is excited for the first ever appearance of non wing sprint cars at his facility. The small bullring should prove to be a great equalizer especially considering it is neutral ground for tour regulars. Many of the tracks 305 competitors are expected to try their luck running wingless and they will have the home track advantage.

For teams planning to make the weekend trip, gates at Lernerville open at 5 pm. At AMP gates will be open all day for the traveling teams. Both tracks require raceceivers and mufflers are not required at either track. Methanol will be available at both tracks and Precise Racing will be supplying us with free transponders. Pit passes both nights are $30. The official BOSS hotels are both in Clearfield. The Super 8 Hotel is $68 per night and their phone number is 814-768-7580. Also, the Hampton Inn is offering rooms for $85 per night and their number is 814-765-8300. The hotels are located close to each other and a Sheetz is within walking distance for the convenience of the race teams. Please remember to ask for the "BOSS Auto Racers Rate for AMP". Fans following the tour are also welcome to use these hotels and ask for the discounted rate!

Also on the card for Saturday full 5 division show with a special guest appearance by legendary driver Red Farmer who will be competing in the late model division.

#2 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 04 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

Gee, wish I could be there to see Red Farmer race!!  I watched him race in south Florida during my grade school days!!   And then several times at Daytona later on and also at Bristol in 1962 when that track was only about a year old.  Totally different from today except maybe some of the racetrack its self.  Farmer was driving his 1933 Chevy coach #F-97 with a fuel  injected small block Chevy.   I still have photos of it plus many more of those old coupes and coaches. Still my favorite race cars!!   I think Farmer is a friend of Luke Hoffner,and that makes the AMP connection.

GOOD RACING TO ALL!!!

Walt

#3 Tim W

Tim W

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:00 PM

Walt, Yes Red will be driving Luke Hoffner's 2nd car. I got interview him when he was here last year.. A truly class act and a super nice guy.

#4 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 04 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

Yes, always seemed like a pretty nice guy.  I was probably all of 12-13 years old when I first saw him race at the Palm Beach Speedway in Florida.  He has used the F-97 number for over 50 years!!

Walt

#5 plymouth-man

plymouth-man

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
  • Interests:car racing, motorcycles,the great outdoors!!

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:48 AM

Should be a good show tonight, I hope they get most of the cars that ran Lernerville..

Edited by plymouth-man, 05 July 2014 - 06:49 AM.

Mash the loud pedal.

#6 Tim W

Tim W

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

20 B.O.S.S. sprints in the pits at 3:30 pm with more expected. Several of the 305 teams planning to remove their wings and compete with the 410's..

Last nights top ten at Lenerville Speedway:

BOSS Wingless Sprint Feature: (25 Laps)

1.         (2M) Logan Hupp, Columbus, IN

2.         (77) Dustin Smith, Russiaville, IN

3.         (82) Mike Miller, Wapakoneta, OH

4.         (23JR) Jack Sodeman Jr, N. Jackson, OH

5.         (3T) Tony Beaber, Gibsonburg, OH

6.         (4) Michael Fischesser, Cincinnati, OH

7.         (32M) Derek Hastings, Forest, OH

8.         (91X) Aaron Middaugh, Polk, OH

9.         (3J) Johnny Beaber, Gibsonburg, OH

10.       (08) Andy Feil, New Castle

#7 kip77

kip77

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:sports-racing-Hanging out with my daughters Kaelynn and Lana

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

Announced that there are 27 wingless sprints.

Edited by kip77, 05 July 2014 - 05:41 PM.

Motor racing, mountain climbing and bull fighting are the only true sports... All the rest are children's games played by adults." Ernest Hemingway

Find me on Facebook: Kip Charles - Clearfield, PA
or Twitter @kip1977

#8 Jazz_Trombonist

Jazz_Trombonist

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:47 PM

Burdette Builders Heat #1 results:

Brandon Spithaler
Dustin Smith
Michael Fischesser
Scott Hardman

#9 Jazz_Trombonist

Jazz_Trombonist

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:48 PM

Lias Tire American Racer Heat #2 results:

Magic Man Mike Miller
Adam Miller
Johnny Beaber
Bradley Howard

#10 Jazz_Trombonist

Jazz_Trombonist

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:48 PM

(Your name here) Heat #3 results:

Chuck Wilson
Arnie Kent
Derek Hastings
Joe Ligouri

#11 Jazz_Trombonist

Jazz_Trombonist

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:49 PM

(Your name here) Heat #4 results:

Tony Beaber
Aaron Middaugh
Chad Wilson
Craig Folmar

#12 Jazz_Trombonist

Jazz_Trombonist

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:36 PM

B-Main results:

Dick Mahoney
Logan Hupp
Steve Little
Joe Butera

#13 Jazz_Trombonist

Jazz_Trombonist

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:08 AM

Buckeye Machine Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series Feature

Brandon Spithaler became the 8th different winner in 8 races this season. Tough luck for point leading Mike Miller and 2nd in points Michael Fischesser will tighten up the points race even more.

Top 5 tonight:
Brandon Spithaler
Dustin Smith
Chuck Wilson
Chad Wilson
Derek Hastings

Full results tomorrow...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users