• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#41 DavyLee2

DavyLee2

• Members
  • 3,369 posts
  • Interests:racing/music/billiards

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

Like you said flash49 . It is still a great place to spend a summer evening! The Mileys are not perfect But they are Racers ! They will keep it a racetrack for as long as they can .

I am sure they would lease it to any of these armchair promoters who think it is that easy.

#42 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:37 PM

All the fans must also be big supporters of the pirates mgmt. Keep buying into the future, it will come, it will come.

#43 NickD

NickD

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

Here's the prices:

Camping: $25

Pits: $25 for Practice

$45 for Saturday or Sunday

$85 for 2 Day Pass(NO 3 Day pass)

Stands:  Free for Practice

$25 for Saturday or Sunday

$45 for 2 Day Pass

#44 Space Racer

Space Racer

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • Interests:enjoying racing, and sticking up for the poor weekly racer

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

45 stands 85 pits for $8000 to win. Plus no free camping. No sprints or mods. They have completely lost site of reality. Can anyone possibly defend that?'

#45 blue by you

blue by you

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:06 PM

whats the purse for the sportman class. their is nothing posted

#46 MileyTHEmonsterFAN

MileyTHEmonsterFAN

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:21 PM

85 dollars for the pits? They have completely went off the deep end now.

#47 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:51 PM

Look on the bright side, its only $25 to camp for the whole weekend, not PER day :P

#48 GEARHEAD

GEARHEAD

• Members
  • 5,956 posts
  • Interests:LM Racing and rock/metal music

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:26 PM

45 stands 85 pits for $8000 to win. Plus no free camping. No sprints or mods. They have completely lost site of reality. Can anyone possibly defend that?'

$10,000. But it will still be a tough sell considering last year's event was much bigger and much cheaper.

#49 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:35 PM

Hey Racer17l what do you have to say about this $85 pit pass (not including $25 to practice $110) for $10,000 to win compared the the firecrackers $42k to win total to win payout? I paid $90 for 3 complete shows (6k,6k,30k)?

Edited by Sparkler, 13 August 2014 - 08:36 PM.

#50 racer67x

racer67x

• Members
  • 2,446 posts
  • Interests:duh?

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:52 AM

Hey Racer17l what do you have to say about this $85 pit pass (not including $25 to practice $110) for $10,000 to win compared the the firecrackers $42k to win total to win payout? I paid $90 for 3 complete shows (6k,6k,30k)?

leave Vince out of it,he does a great thing with his Dads race..so now he has to answer for the Mileys?

they can answer for themselves but choose not to.

#51 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:54 AM

Here I'll answer for them.... Kennedy charged less and paid more ..... Please tell me when the next NDRL race is ??? Exactly there isn't one .....

#52 GEARHEAD

GEARHEAD

• Members
  • 5,956 posts
  • Interests:LM Racing and rock/metal music

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

Here I'll answer for them.... Kennedy charged less and paid more ..... Please tell me when the next NDRL race is ??? Exactly there isn't one .....

The Pittsburgher was probably the only profitable race he had.  Here's the issue I have...take a look at how many Crown Jewels todays are still hugely successful.  The Pittsburgher had the same opportunity as the existing Crown Jewels to be as big and successful.  In fact the Pittsburgher was pretty close to Crown Jewel status in the 90's.  The North/South last weekend paid a huge purse, admission fees are reasonable, and the place was close to SRO even with the temporary bleachers they brought in.  Forence takes a month off after that race every year to count their money.  The Pittsburgher should be that big today, there was nothing holding it back from being that big except for the management.  If they were to have a Lucas Oil sanctioned Pittsburgher next year using the I-80 passing points format all they would have to pay is $27,000 to win for a 2-day show (using the World 100 "add a thousand per year" purse format) and the place would be packed again.  All it takes is effort.  Had they stuck with the Lucas sanctioning after the 2005 Pittsburgher the race would still be hugely successful, I guarantee that.

#53 Racer17L

Racer17L

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:49 AM

Personally I'd rather see it be $40 a night for pits and $20 for stands but it's not my track.

Sparkler- as predicted you compare everything to the Firecracker where it was LM only and I paid $40 to sit in the stands for the Sat show. I'll compare this to the Stampede since that's your sweet spot. As a racer I paid $60 for a two day pass and a $35 entry fee for a $1000 to win race and $35 tow. The Sunday Pgh'r will cost me $45 to enter a $1000 to win show with $50 tow. And with two complete shows I can just race one night if I want versus one night of heats only. So as a racer I'm happy but as a fan I think it's a bit expensive.

Edited by Racer17L, 14 August 2014 - 12:22 PM.

#54 ThatGuyInTheStands

ThatGuyInTheStands

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:48 PM

I think it should of went back to the tri star Pittsburgher from a couple years ago with the sprints, late models, and modifieds and make it a Friday - Saturday deal. More intriguing for more people and don't have an outrageous purse that puts the whole weekend under. And also be in October like the date last year where there's not a lot going on in Western PA.

2013 Race Count- Lernerville 7 Mercer 5 Fremont 2 Roaring Knob 1

#55 MileyTHEmonsterFAN

MileyTHEmonsterFAN

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:04 PM

The Pittsburgher was probably the only profitable race he had.  Here's the issue I have...take a look at how many Crown Jewels todays are still hugely successful.  The Pittsburgher had the same opportunity as the existing Crown Jewels to be as big and successful.  In fact the Pittsburgher was pretty close to Crown Jewel status in the 90's.  The North/South last weekend paid a huge purse, admission fees are reasonable, and the place was close to SRO even with the temporary bleachers they brought in.  Forence takes a month off after that race every year to count their money.  The Pittsburgher should be that big today, there was nothing holding it back from being that big except for the management.  If they were to have a Lucas Oil sanctioned Pittsburgher next year using the I-80 passing points format all they would have to pay is $27,000 to win for a 2-day show (using the World 100 "add a thousand per year" purse format) and the place would be packed again.  All it takes is effort.  Had they stuck with the Lucas sanctioning after the 2005 Pittsburgher the race would still be hugely successful, I guarantee that.

I agree with you. Another curious choice is running it Saturday and Sunday not Friday and Saturday. They stopped having the Sunday rain date races because of low fan count. When we raced, there was always a low crowd on Sunday. Considering it starts at 6 pm and people work the next day, I don't think running on Sunday night was a wise decision. They will get cars, but the stands will be hurting.

#56 Ring Gear

Ring Gear

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Not Many..

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

dirtL8MdlFan21&11

I try to do Gregg's regional show's within reason.  Naturally I can't chase him around when he is doing the touring stuff.

Up until last year,  It had been many many years since I went to a race at PPMS.  Even the ones Gregg participated in.  I don't think I I blasted a race just management from what I expierenced long ago and from the expierences of other people.

As far as myself reporting on Gregg's results etc.  I enjoy doing it and what difference does it make whether I get them from me being there or from other forums or from it written on the back of a rock?

I would venture to guess there are some people who enjoy what I report.  Maybe not.

Why do some people get so upset because I happen to be a Gregg Satterlee fan?   I sure they all have their favorites.

Besides, what was your point?

#57 starboyshady

starboyshady

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:47 PM

So , $ 85 for 2-day pass + $25 for practice + Rush Crate entry fee ...$75 x2 nites ...... $ 260 just for driver to get in .... LoL. WOW

#58 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:31 PM

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TRACKS AND GIVE THEM ALL YOUR MONEY IS THE MOTO!

#59 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

Meh. Ya'll can bicker about it all you want, I'm going to go to the Pittsburgher on Saturday at least, probably Sunday too. I enjoy the racing at PPMS and I haven't been out there yet this year, and the Pittsburgher is really my only chance to go.

Edited by BaconBits, 15 August 2014 - 03:23 PM.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#60 Space Racer

Space Racer

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • Interests:enjoying racing, and sticking up for the poor weekly racer

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

"Meh. Ya'll can bicker about it all you want, I'm going to go to the Pittsburgher on Saturday at least, probably Sunday too. I enjoy the racing at PPMS and I haven't been out there yet this year, and the Pittsburgher is really my only chance to go."

Exactly the mindset they are counting on. "It's the end of the season so I'll pay their price ". Thing is fir sure, this family takes and takes from racing in the region and puts nothing back into it ( track improvements, good purses etc.). They are the epitomy of leeches on area racing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users