#1 #17RaceTeam

#17RaceTeam

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:57 AM

Your 2014 Track Champions at Hummingbird Speedway:

BWP Bats Steel Block Late Model          Chris Farrell          Clearfield

Street Stock                                            Kyle Shannon       Brockway

Sunny 106.5 Micro Sprint                       Dave Hawkins        Lower Burrell

Dilullo Transport Pure Stock                   Doug Surra            Kersey

Aarons FWD Four Cylinders                   Randy Albert         Morrisdale

Top Five in each division tonight:

BWP Bats Steel Block Late Models

1. 53                    Chris Farrell                Clearfield
  2. 00                    Eric Moore                  Frenchville
  3. 102                  Ed Connor                   DuBois
  4. 60                    Jeff Taylor                   Corsica
  5. 36                    Paul Kot                       Brockway

Street Stocks

1. 1S                    Kyle Shannon               Brockway
  2. 01                    Steve Arthurs              Falls Creek
  3. 37                    Paul Kot                       Brockway
  4. 960                  Gary Luzier                  Luthersburg
  5. 64                    Allen English               Morrisdale

Sunny 106.5 Micro Sprints

1. 12X                  Bryce Craft                  Frenchville
  2. 27                    Dave Hawkins             Lower Burrell
  3. 29L                  Larry Straw                 Philipsburg
  4. 11X                  Robert Garvey Jr        Grassflat
  5. 27H                  Brandon Hawkins        Lower Burrell

Pure Stocks

1. 3AA                  Doug Surra                  Kersey
  2. 46                    Dustin Challingsworth             St Marys
  3. 83                    Dalton Gustafson        Weedville
  4. 32                    Scott Zimmerman       Brookville
  5. 42                    Dave Kohler                Rockton

Front Wheel Drive Four Cylinders

1. 32                    Matt Bryant                Weedville
  2. 8C                    John Campisano          Punxsutawney
  3. 5L                    Aaron Luzier                Clearfield
  4. 20                    Aaron Hill                    Brookville
  5. 17                    Randy Albert               Morrisdale

#2 dmb78

dmb78

Cool Newbie

• Member Group
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:39 AM

Randy, thanks for these weekly updates and congratulations on the successfully defending your FWD Four Cylinder championship! 

Congrats to all the champions and last night's winners. 

- Mike Bloom

#3 speedster101

speedster101

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:titties & beer

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:04 AM

Good clean racing for 25 laps by Moore & Farrell. Either driver could have punted the other at any time but didn't. That's the way it should be. Good job fellas

#4 snooky

snooky

Race Fan

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:34 AM

Some great racing once again at the Bird. Good crowd and nice field of cars. Crash in SS's involved 12 or 14 cars.

#5 SRT93

SRT93

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:16 AM

Some great racing once again at the Bird. Good crowd and nice field of cars. Crash in SS's involved 12 or 14 cars.

I missed the start of the pile up, but was anybody else confused as to why Kyle Shannon restarted on the pole after starting about mid-pack and them announcing it would be be a complete restart? I do realize all cars involved in the caution would have been moved to the back,  but I don't think every single car in front of him was involved. Nice run to the 37 car however, was fun to watch him make his way from the back up to 3rd. Only time all night I was hoping for a caution to see if he had something for Shannon.

#6 ProDirt

ProDirt

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:30 AM

Just a reminder for bobo the flag clown......

Review the use of the blue with red diagonal stipe flag and apply it properly in your evenings festivities.

Improper use of this flag can influence the outcome of the race.

Attached Files

#7 thewick2w

thewick2w

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

I thought the flag was used okay gotta remember it's still the drivers choice of where to go

#8 714d

714d

Race Fan

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:35 AM

The way it was explained made sense, but in this case (especially since point leaders were affected) it caused some outcry. On a complete restart, if the cars in your line are involved, the line moves up. So if say positions 1,3,5 go to the pits but 2,4,6 stay out, 7th moves up to 1st for the restart. The guy next to him in 8th remains in 8th. It's rare to be that drastic but it's the way it is and has been at most tracks.

#9 SRT93

SRT93

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:07 AM

The way it was explained made sense, but in this case (especially since point leaders were affected) it caused some outcry. On a complete restart, if the cars in your line are involved, the line moves up. So if say positions 1,3,5 go to the pits but 2,4,6 stay out, 7th moves up to 1st for the restart. The guy next to him in 8th remains in 8th. It's rare to be that drastic but it's the way it is and has been at most tracks.

Thanks for explaining that. Hummingbird is the first track I've been to that has done that. Any where else I've been everybody moves up. I'm in no way associated with any of the cars at Hummingbird, I just felt the 37 car got screwed on the deal being he was only 5 points out of 1st. 

#10 116 octain

116 octain

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:16 AM

Would have been great to see Paul and Kyle race it out for the championship without track involvement. Two thumbs down

#11 boogity_boogity_boogity

boogity_boogity_boogity

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:17 AM

What a great night for racing and an awesome night of racing. Congrats to Chris Farrell, Kyle Shannon, and the 2 peat for Randy Albert. The only bitch I have is Doug Surra needs to move up, and stop moving people out of the way for a win. Can't he just race clean once in his life. 

#12 thewick2w

thewick2w

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:20 AM

I didn't see Doug hit or bump anyone couple close calls but I have always seen Doug race clean so idk where you were last night

#13 speedster101

speedster101

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

Just a reminder for bobo the flag clown......
Review the use of the blue with red diagonal stipe flag and apply it properly in your evenings festivities.
Improper use of this flag can influence the outcome of the race.

That's for sure. Unless my eyes were fooling me it did influence the outcome of a race.

#14 thewick2w

thewick2w

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:07 AM

Which race which cars

#15 D1ckhead

D1ckhead

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:13 AM

Thanks for explaining that. Hummingbird is the first track I've been to that has done that. Any where else I've been everybody moves up

Every track and big series do it that way.

#16 ProDirt

ProDirt

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

Which race which cars

Late model. Cars ....00 ..... 53 ..... 45 lap car. When the faster cars are approaching the lap cars the flag man can and should move the slower lap cars out of the racing line the approaching cars are using. In this case the high line. He can display the move over flag pushing the flag down towards the inside of the track telling the lap car to move down. It's a courtesy move on the flag man and the lap car involved but if it's going to be used it should be used right. It did change the outcome of that race. It was a great race anyway but the lead change would have been better if it wasn't track induced.

#17 714d

714d

Race Fan

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

Was exciting watching Surra not just settle in and conservatively take the points He went out to win the race. Not sure if boogity is talking about another race? Last night I don't think he touched a car. Some tight squeezes but no contact that I saw.
As for the late models, that was an awesome move by Farrell. The lap car did appear to hold a high line and Farrell somehow found a HIGHER line and passed them both. I know I was holding my breath. Didn't think it would stick up there.

Edited by 714d, 31 August 2014 - 11:28 AM.

#18 thebigdueceduece

thebigdueceduece

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:30 AM

The lay over flag allows to lap car to: 1 know the leaders are coming. And 2 choose his line. Or in hummingbird its hold your line. As a leader its your job to pass the slower car. You saw he was running a high line then you gotta move down to pass him...or do a Farrell and use the paint on the wall as your cushion to take the lead. A ballsy move...and the only way he was gonna have a chance to get the leader. And he made it work. Bottom line is....the 00 got beat. He ran a good race and had a good car. Farrell just made it stick. He could have very well been in the wall so...that's the way of the road. And that's racing. Stop complaining and just congratulate the other driver on a hell of a move

#19 714d

714d

Race Fan

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:40 AM

Correct, folks in the stands have the misconception of the blue and yellow flag meaning "get out of the way". That would be WAY too dangerous. The drivers have chosen for that flag to mean "hold a consistent line and leave it up to the leaders to choose how to get by"

#20 speedster101

speedster101

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:03 PM

The 48 laid over in the middle of the track. 00 couldn't go under him cause there was no room so he's almost completely out of the throttle. 53 used the 48 as a pick and did what he had to do to get by. Good move by the 53. He made it work & got the win. Bottom line is if not for the 48 being in the way 53 was not getting by the 00. Same for the 00 as he was not getting by the 53 after the pass. Nobody's complaining about the 53 or anybody else but the flag clown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users