Buckeye Outlaw Sprints Series Set To Invade Montpelier Motor Speedway This Saturday, September 6th.
When the Buckeye Machine BOSS Sprint Series rolls into Central Indiana this Saturday Night, September 6th, it will be one of the most anticipated shows of the Montpelier Motor Speedway 2014 season. Indiana, a state known for its high caliber open wheel drivers, will face off against Ohio's finest BOSS series and Ohio sprint regulars. When the Montpelier Motor Speedway looked to return Non-Wing Sprint Cars to the East Central Indiana facility after a several year absence, it turned to none other then the BOSS series due to their reputation of large quality fields and programs along with outstanding open wheel racing
The BOSS series is a non-wing 410 Sprint Car series that competes in true “Outlaw” style with the absence of tire rules allowing any brand or compound of tire to compete along with a no entry fee policy for competitors. The BOSS series, through sponsorship, pays “heat race money” to the top finishers in each heat race and also provides a number of contingency and cash awards to competitors at the conclusion of each event. The Montpelier Motor Speedway event will pay a healthy $1500 to Win and $250 to Start along with tow money and the aforementioned contingency awards.
General Admission will be $15 with Kids (12 and Under) - FREE! Free primitive camping is welcome at the track.
The Montpelier Motor Speedway last regularly hosted non-wing events during the 2003 season where Marion, Indiana’s Scotty Weir won the track championship while Jon Stanbrough, driving for car owner Paul Hazen, won the most races posting 3 wins while Brandon Petty, Shane Hollingsworth, Boston Reid, Michael Burthay, Derek Scheffel, Zac Osborn, and Marc Jessop all found victory lane at Montpelier.
The Montpelier Motor Speedway, which began racing in 1903 and hosted its first automobile race in 1915, is one of America’s oldest remaining racing facilities. Sprint car racing first came to Montpelier in the late 1940’s in the form of “Big Cars”. While the east central Indiana ¼ mile clay oval has a historic past, the facility has seen many major modern upgrades the past four seasons including new restrooms and bleachers along with the addition of many safety features such as a new catch fence system along with a new front stretch wall , lighting system, and runoff area. The Montpelier Motor Speedway commonly competes weekly on Saturday Nights with its popular Modified and Stock Car divisions, and is also the host to the popular Montpelier Motor Speedway Midget series.
Full Event Information can be found on our website at:
Buckeye Machine BOSS Payout - $1500 To Win | $250 To Start | $100 Tow Money
Heat Race Payout – 1st - $40 | 2nd - $30 | 3rd $20 | 4th - $10
BOSS Special Awards
- The Bridge Restaurant of Sidney, OH - "Hard Charger" - $50
- Hochstetler Truck & Repair of Ashland, OH - "Steel Block Award" - $50
- Lynn Cook "a racer's friend" of Dayton, OH - "Hard Luck Award" - $50
- Rusty & Cap McClure of Ashland, OH - "Lucky Pill Draw" - Free Pit Pass/Hot Dogs for Crew
- Lias Tire of Indiana, PA - "American Racer Bonus Award" - Free Tire
- Hoosier Tire Midwest - "Hoosier Tire Bonus Award” - Free Tire
Current Buckeye Machine BOSS Sprint Series Top 10 Points
1) Mike Miller - 2194
2) Dustin Smith - 2170
3) Michael Fischesser - 2163
4) Brandon Spithaler - 2117
5) Derek Hastings - 1866
6) Chuck Wilson - 1860
7) Adam Miller - 1853
8) Chad Wilson - 1848
9) Aaron Middaugh - 1838
10) Tony Beaber - 1829
Buckeye Machine BOSS Sprints By The Numbers
- Total Number BOSS Winners 2014 Season – 10
Kody Swanson(Fremont Speedway), Andre Layfield (Wayne County), Chase Stockon (Eldora), Mike Miller (Raceway 7), Dustin Smith (Mercer), Thomas Meseraull (Lawrenceburg), Logan Hupp (Lernerville), Brandon Spithaler (America), Matt Westfall (Waynesfield), Logan Hupp (Whitewater), CJ Leary (Lawrenceburg), and Brandon Spithaler (Wayne County).
- Total Number of BOSS 2014 Repeat Winners – 2 (Hupp & Spithaler)
- BOSS Average Indiana Car Count – 37 (Lowest 35 – Highest 39)
- Number of BOSS Events Contested to date in 2014 – 12
- Total Number of BOSS Competitors to date in 2014 – 143
- Number of States that has contested BOSS events in 2014 – 3 (Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania)
Gates Open - 3:00 PM
Hot Laps – 5:00 PM
Racing - 6:30 PM
General Admission - $15
Kids (12 and Under) – Free
Pit Pass - $30
Buckeye Machine BOSS Sprint Cars
RaceCeivers – Default frequency 454.000
Westhold Transponders- May be used on Sprint Cars only – Transponder and mount will be provided to the first 45 entries not already possessing a yellow Westhold unit.
Pit Parking – Sprint cars teams will park on the south end of the pits near the track. Sprint cars will be started near this area and will enter the track on the backstretch and exit on the front stretch.
Work Area – The Montpelier Motor Speedway has a work area located near the track exit. The car must not exit the area and all work must be completed in the chute indicated by a red barrier. The work area is only available during the A/B Mains.
- Size - ¼ Mile Clay Oval
- Built in 1903 – First Auto Race 1915
- Total Montpelier Motor Speedway seating – 3200
- Family Seating Section (located behind the flag stand) – Consumption of alcohol not permitted in this area.
- Fully stocked souvenir stand (includes MMS T-Shirts, Hoodies, Pictures, and MMS Programs)
- Fully stocked family/kid souvenir stand (includes kid’s toys and novelties, racing flags, safety glasses, hearing protection, etc… Items starting at .50/$1.00)
- New Men and Women’s restroom located behind the main grandstands. Pit side restroom is men only.
- Concession stand (wide range of food and sides and cold/hot drinks) located behind the main grandstands. Duel lines to purchase food available from spectator area. Picnic tables spread throughout the facility.
- Beer garden – Wide range of cold adult beverages and Coke/Pepsi products. ID required. The carry-in of coolers or alcohol is prohibited due to insurance and state regulation codes.
Former Montpelier Motor Speedway Non-Wing Sprint Car Winners
Jon Stanbrough - 3
Brandon Petty - 2
Michael Burthay - 2
Thomas Meseraull - 1
Boston Reid - 1
Derek Scheffel - 1
Zac Osborn - 1
Shane Hollingsworth - 1
Marc Jessup – 1
East Central Indiana
Montpelier Motor Speedway
700 South Jefferson
Montpelier, Indiana 47359
I69 Exit 264
Track Phone – 765-728-8210
- If coming from I69, please note road construction and a detour on Highway 18 between Highway 5 and Highway 3. From the South, please consider accessing the speedway from either (Highway 26 to Highway 3 to Highway 18 or Highway 26 to old 303). From the north, please consider using Highway 3 to Highway 18.
- No known construction or delays from the east
Web & Media
Official Website: www.MontpelierMotorSpeedway.com
Facebook – “Home of the Montpelier Motor Speedway: www.facebook.com/MontpelierMotorSpeedway
Twitter (@MontpelierTrack)- www.twitter.com/MontpelierTrack
Website – www.buckeyesprints.com
Upcoming MMS Midget Dates:
September 13 – Midgets & MTQRL TQ Midgets
September 20 - Midgets
September 27 - Midgets
October 11 – Midgets
BOSS Sprints Set To Invade Montpelier Sat., September 6
No replies to this topic
Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:09 AM
Reply to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users