• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:50 PM

Maybe thunder mountain will run them

#42 plymouth-man

plymouth-man

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
  • Interests:car racing, motorcycles,the great outdoors!!

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:21 AM

I think Hummingbird needs to open up their rules to include superlates, this last race showed that a good steelblock can beat a super so why not combine them for better car counts. With the steelblocks and supers combined that would open up a class for the semi lates, whitch is a true semi late..

Edited by plymouth-man, 27 September 2014 - 08:22 AM.

Mash the loud pedal.

#43 rsadiedog

rsadiedog

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 11:19 AM

I think Hummingbird needs to open up their rules to include superlates, this last race showed that a good steelblock can beat a super so why not combine them for better car counts. With the steelblocks and supers combined that would open up a class for the semi lates, whitch is a true semi late..

Exactly, the top running steel blocks are the exact same engine as a super, just with a steel block, and it's inside the block and in the top end where power is made as well as where money goes! So in m opinion that class is not a budget or limited late model class cause you are only saving about $2000 or so between that and a alum motor. So I agree, put the steelblocks with the supers and run a true limited class, where you limit the motor and shocks. This steelblocks that are front runners should move up, the back of pack folks should move down. JMO

Nick Loffredo

#44 BRC27

BRC27

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:59 AM

I like the idea of running a semi late class at the bird.  I myself built one to run at AMP and never got the chance to run it.  Jeff didn't have too much during his reign that is worth talking about, but I like the idea of a cost efficient late model class.  Its getting harder and harder to find parts for the full frame classes.  I feel like the Semi late class takes a step back to where racing got its start.  building a competitive race car at an affordable price.  It's tough for these low budget guys to run with names like Farrell, Blose, Blair, Hoffner and Miley.  But if you put a class together for the low budget in experienced guys everyone wins.  It's entertaining to watch, and you don't have guys "running with the big dogs" that don't belong out there.  That's how those big guys get their equipment broke, then tempers flare and fights happen.  I can think of a few people that I've watched over the years running in the super late class with crappy equipment or no skill and just get in the way.

Whether they run a semi class or not, I'll be at the bird and hopefully thunder mountain.  but I have enough common sense to stay out of the way if I'm not being competitive.

#45 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:14 AM

Lol you Put Miley and Blair in with those other guys lol lol lol . You do realize Miley and Blair are both low budget guys who race and beat national talent right ??? Not race with and beat steel block locals ....

#46 BRC27

BRC27

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:20 AM

Miley is not a low budget guy...are you kidding?!  he works for Rocket, his uncle owns PMS and his sponsors foot a lot of the bill.  Go to his shop and you'll see 4 updated rockets sitting there.  that's not low budget.  most of the other guys that were mentioned Ie: Blose don't own their cars.  they are funded by someone else, they just drive. 

If you would read the post it also mentions driving ability.  Blair, Blose and Hoffner have been running for years and have the experience.  Combined I'd say you're looking at almost 70-80 years experience...who wants to see that dominate every week against guys with 5 or less and half the car? 

#47 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:37 AM

BRC how much do you think Rocket pays employees ???? And how much money do you think a race track that doesn't pull any fans makes ??? And what makes you think if the track was killing it they would dump it into his program ??? Your assuming because he wins he has a 500k annual budget ... If he did he would be touring , use common sense fella.

#48 BRC27

BRC27

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:58 AM

I'm not saying he has a 500K budget, but you are absent minded if you believe that he's a "Low budget" racer.  a new roller chassis from rocket is going for around 30k.  He has 4!!!! not all new, and yeah he got one for winning the championship at lernerville.  but one of those is cars is about the equivalent to an average Local latemodel drivers salary around here.  Some guys are lucky to have one or two cars in this area.  let alone 4!  Plus have the money for tires, competitive Engines, and Shocks!

Next you're going to tell me Greg Saterlee is low budget!  lol

#49 racefuel01

racefuel01

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:04 PM

WOW!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users