#1 dirtcar32

dirtcar32

No Life

• Members
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:21 PM

I saw this on facebook

3 Drivers announced retirement this year are

Brian Birkhofer, Randy Korte, and now Brady Smith.

Brady Smith  announced today that he was going to retire at the end of this season!    He said a lot of factors have to do with him retiring.   Financial struggles, crew help, geographical location & being independent.

#2 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:01 PM

Honestly who cares ?? Korte is sick , birky wants
To go rub dicks and smith lives 10 hours from the nearest track ....

#3 brian44mracing

brian44mracing

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:02 PM

Was not real familiar with Mr. Korte but definately hits home with Brady and Brian dropping off. Really enjoyed there visits to our area. Just the beginning I fear though.

#4 grump9111

grump9111

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:racing, football

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:18 PM

you couldn't even lace up the shoes of these three drivers hodgkiss you loser. Nobody even cares if you ever on a track again, but then again nobody notices when you are on the track because your so far behind. Pathetic when your claim to fame is being a complete moron on message boards.

#5 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:35 PM

No my claim to fame is being the absolute best deck designer and builder in this country . That's my claim bitch. That's my craft , none of those 3 have ever made in 10 years racing the net profit I do in 1 year of doing what I do . I consider working 90 hours a week on a race car and the car bringing in 10k before the enormous expenses and epic fuKing failure . And that's 10k if they win the damn race !!!

#6 grump9111

grump9111

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:22 PM

no fear of you ever WINNING A RACE. Best deck designer HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a joke

#7 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:24 PM

Laugh all you want toss off I'm the most sought after in the country and as a result I find more hundreds randomly in jeans I haven't worn in 2 years than you make a week doing what ever it is a needle dick jack off does ...

#8 grump9111

grump9111

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:58 PM

Im glad you make so much now go get some driving lessons. Its a shame you are so insecure you have to call names. I dont know who your trying to convince how great you are, you keep repeating it and maybe somebody will believe it someday. Highly doubtful though. 

#9 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:35 PM

The only people who need to know are the ones writing the checks and they are stacked almost 50 deep heading into winter ...

#10 Crusty1

Crusty1

Race Fan

• Members
  • 930 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:49 PM

Legend,
Do you have a web site? I would like to check out your work.
I'm looking at deck for next summer.

#11 theking28b

theking28b

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:54 PM

www.hodgkissconstruction.com

#12 714d

714d

Race Fan

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:14 PM

Bust balls all you want about his driving.... Legend can build a damn deck. It's been discussed a bunch of times. Even his biggest haters have to admit it. I agree with half of what he says and completely disagree with the other half, but the man is good at his profession.

#13 DavyLee2

DavyLee2

• Members
  • 3,369 posts
  • Interests:racing/music/billiards

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:41 PM

Brady Smith was called " The prodigy " in Dirt late model magazine  a few years back .. but he doesn't have 100 dollar bills in pants he hasn't worn in months .. Its the same story in racing many times over  .. great talent little money .. and the Opposite:  Cant setup a car or drive one with Boatloads of money..

#14 Rocketman71

Rocketman71

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:48 PM

Johnny huck why are you such an ass?

#15 Rocketman71

Rocketman71

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:49 PM

Just asking!

#16 Rocketman71

Rocketman71

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:51 PM

Johnny huck why are you such an ass?

#17 cumminsman08

cumminsman08

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:21 PM

Dont know this Johnny huck(hodgkiss construction) as a builder or racer, but seeing his ego on here and how immature he can be id scroll down the yellow pages for another deck builder, id rather have a nice deck from someone that gives respect and earns it from others, like ive been raised coming from a racing family, maybe its just a face he has on here to act bold and makes his ego flutter. Guys with that attitude isnt setting a good rep for our sport that needs as much help as possible, why talk bad about these racers instead of honor them and thank them, im sure they made many fans and signed autographs on shirts of our little fella's aka future of racing...

#18 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:41 AM

Respect ??? wtf are you talking about ???? Who am I disrespecting ???? Randy Korte is 50 years old , been racing for 30 years and battling cancer . I'm sure the cancer changed his perspective on what's important in life. Birky isn't the dude people think he is , the persona the guys shows infront of fans is fake as hell. I am personally not a fan of his , once again that's my opinion . Brady smith has been racing for 20 years and he explained he lives soo far north that it takes 6 hours just to get to the Wisconsin state line. I can see how a guy would get tired of driving 15 hours each way to race a car for 50 laps. Racing is a hobby that racers do for the love of the game , I have no clue the rational behind people thinking its realistic to make a living racing a dirt late model. Just look at the numbers of what guys bring in vs what goes out. Go on the WOO web site and look at chub franks earnings this year , calculate the number of laps he has run and remember every 1000 laps he's paying 7-10k just to rebuild the engine , never kind tires , cars , hauler fuel , food , utilities to keep the shop going etc etc. Without MAJOR sponsors a guy would make double the money working a regular job for 20 dollars an hour when you consider the amount of hours worked . And that's if he had a GOOD year. I'm not disparaging these guys driving skills as all 3 are very good I'm just saying it's not a surprise to me when smart guys sit back and realize it isn't worth it. Just because you have a hobby you love to do doesn't mean it's a viable option to make a living. So you have faceless nameless clowns who come on here and personally trash me because I have strong opinions on many subjects and you expect me
To not respond ??? If I came on and said I'm a better more accomplished racer than those 3 I could understand comments bashing me but I didn't say that . If you want to buy a deck from the guy who's more " politically correct " that's fine, I don't work for myself to have to walk some bullshit imaginary politically correct line. Political correctness is why this country is where it's at today ... A laughingstock ..

#19 cumminsman08

cumminsman08

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:39 AM

Doesn't take much to get The Legend fired up does it, for one dirtcar32 started the thread because this is a discussion board therefore if you dont care dont post move on to the next one. On top of that you pretty much said who cares if korte is sick, why wouldn't you have any concern about a national racers illness show a little support. I do agree with Brady smith living to far away from the touring tracks is a plausible explanation for giving it up. And sorry birky rubbed you the wrong way he was a great wheel man to watch behind the wheel. Who is next to retire from the national level?

#20 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 04:54 AM

I didn't say who cares that Korte is sick, I was saying with his medical condition his retirement doesn't say anything about the health of the sport. I agree that in the coming years less and less people are going to be willing to make the financial and time commitment necessary to run on that level .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users