American Racers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 whiteboy55

whiteboy55

• Members
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:17 PM

I read that Steve casebolt won a race and nearly 2 in Georgia , and he is running American racers. How many drivers that run WoO use AR's?

Edited by whiteboy55, 09 February 2015 - 11:15 AM.

Stacie White

#2 Tommy

Tommy

• Members
  • 3,506 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:41 PM

No full time WoO drivers will be on American racers because they have a few Hoosier only shows. Bubba s and Volusia are both Hoosier UMP shows. Josh Richards said the AR tires were a tad bit softer. Brandon Overton was also on AR tires.

#3 Tommy

Tommy

• Members
  • 3,506 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:41 PM

No full time WoO drivers will be on American racers because they have a few Hoosier only shows. Bubba s and Volusia are both Hoosier UMP shows. Josh Richards said the AR tires were a tad bit softer. Brandon Overton was also on AR tires. U

#4 whiteboy55

whiteboy55

• Members
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:58 PM

So there will not be a tire war starting then. It just surprised me that you could run AR's at a WoO race, makes sense though.

Stacie White

#5 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:58 PM

So there will not be a tire war starting then. It just surprised me that you could run AR's at a WoO race, makes sense though.

You always could run ARs at most WoO races. They had an open tire rule, except when they ran UMP tracks. When Dan Stone won at Tri City, I believe he was on ARs. This year they're going to adjust the tire rule from race to race to coincide with local/regional tire rules at the tracks they're going run, and much of time, that will include ARs. They'll still have to run Hoosiers at the UMP tracks, though, and that will keep any season long series regular from running ARs, because they run a fair amount of races in UMP country.

Edited by BaconBits, 08 February 2015 - 11:06 PM.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users