• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 The Dirt Network

The Dirt Network

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:37 PM

Legendary announcer Shane Andrews recently spent time with us at TDN. He spoke of his beginnings in the central NY region and how he got started behind the mike with the NY State Antique Stock Car Club years ago, and also of the adjustments he had to make to shift his focus to late models as evidenced by his joining of the Eldora Dream and World 100 broadcast team as well as TV duties with SPEED and CBS Sports Network.

He also shared his perspective on what has helped him connect with his audience over the years...

"I think the biggest thing is that I'm a race fan myself. It's what I am first and foremost. I just happen to get paid to talk about the race and have the third best seat in the house. The first seat being the , drivers, second best flagman. I appreciate the fans and understand what they're going through. I don't want to sit through a long show, I don't want sit though a lot of BS, I don't want to be bored, I want to be entertained. So I appreciate where the fans are coming from. You take the microphone away from me, and I'm just a race fan that loves going to the races and I love to interact with people. My mom gave me a some great advice years ago. When she said, The way a man is judged is how he treats people that can do nothing for him. And that stays with me because I have to deal with people that are there just once a week, and I have to deal with owners of businesses and I treat everyone with the utmost respect no matter who they are. It could be a person who had to scrimp and save to afford the races or a C.E.O. and they're just the same to me."

You can check out the full feature article here: http://thedirtnetwor...nnectivity.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users