9 replies to this topic

#1 Lernerville PR BigE

Lernerville PR BigE

Just doin' my job!

• Members
  • 2,092 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:43 PM

30+ cars rolled into the Clearview Mall along Route 8 in Butler tonight and will be on display through Saturday 9:00PM.  The Easter Bunny and driver autographs are scheduled for Friday evening around 6:00.

Pictures are posted on our Facebook pages or click here: Clearview Mall Car Show

Eric J. Westendorf Public Relations Director Lernerville Speedway Follow us on Twitter @Lernerville for Race Night Updates!

#2 lvillefan19

lvillefan19

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:56 AM

Who is the blue sprint car?

#3 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:19 AM

The name on the front of the top wing says, "Gallagher".

#4 Mudslinger

Mudslinger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:00 PM

Ya know, I was thinking about heading to the mall this weekend to check out the cars.
Now with this social media post, I don't have to.
I thought the idea was to get people out to the mall so they could spend some $$ there?
I know you can't stop others from posting but I'm not sure it's a great idea for the hosting track to post all the pics of the cars (in one collective post) before the show even starts. Make the best of show award go to real ballots not thumb pressed "likes". Maybe afterwards, post photos for the folks who couldn't make it but geez, give a little incentive for some foot traffic.
Call me old fashioned but that my opinon.

#5 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:27 PM

That's Darin Gallagher who was a front runner in the Mod Lites for several years.  The car has no engine, and I don't know if it will be a 410 or 305.  My guess a 305 for Mercer where Gallagher ran the Mod Lites. 

Walt

#6 Crusty1

Crusty1

Race Fan

• Members
  • 930 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:55 PM

Ya know, I was thinking about heading to the mall this weekend to check out the cars.
I thought the idea was to get people out to the mall so they could spend some $$ there?
I know you can't stop others from posting but I'm not sure it's a great idea for the hosting track to post all the pics of the cars (in one collective post) before the show even starts. Make the best of show award go to real ballots not thumb pressed "likes". Maybe afterwards, post photos for the folks who couldn't make it but geez, give a little incentive for some foot traffic.

I agree somewhat but if the weather is good people will go to the mall.

#7 DegenerationX

DegenerationX

Race Fan

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:53 PM

If you're content to scroll through a couple dozen pictures online, sorry, you're not a real race fan.  You're not old fashioned, you're just a stick in the mud that wants to complain about nonsense, I'm sure nobody will miss you anyway!  Real race fans anxiously anticipate the pictures to get a sneak peak of what they will see when they get there in person.  Many are there two or all three nights because they want to support local racing, the sponsors and be with their racing family.  You just want attention on a message board cloaked in anonymity, the rest of us will be at the mall enjoying a weekend of Texas Roadhouse, bullsh!tting and looking forward to the upcoming season.

#8 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:29 AM

Old
Fashioned fans lol lol lol I bet you still pound one out looking at the bra section of the Sears catalog lol lol lol lol

#9 dirtL8MdlFan21&11

dirtL8MdlFan21&11

• Members
  • 3,174 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:35 AM

I am with you on that, I am fine with the whole "liking" system, thats a cool interactive way to get everyone involved, but have it AFTER the show.  Its a car show not a race, so I am not sure what DX is talking about supporting local racing, you dont pay to get in and you are not buying concessions, you just go, look at the new designs and move along.  Mall shows are not the most important things in the world in my opinion, but it gives guys a good opportunity to get their car done early thats about it. 

All the cars look great, I will not be attending because of the distance and the fact that I have seen everything already.  Darins car looks awesome as does Colin Burkes stock, and the Schaffer mods.

#10 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:09 PM

Talked to Darin tonight and the car will have a 305 and run at Mercer.  He will also run an occasional Lernerville race for "seat time".  Good young driver, wish him the best!!!

Walt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users