169 replies to this topic

#1 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 6,360 posts
  • Interests:auto racing of course

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:05 PM

Josh Holtgraver took the win in the Rush Crate Late Model feature, after dueling with Justin Lamb for the first 10 or 11 laps.  Daryl Charlier finished second, followed by Lamb, Mike Reft, and Mark Moats Jr.  Jared Miley was in a Crate tonight, but dropped out of the feature while running third, due to overheating problems.   There were 15 Crates, only 12 started the feature.  Christian Schneider drove to an impressive victory in the Sportsman division over Bill Robertson, Jeff Broniszewski, Nick Kocuba, and A.J. Poljak.  There were 10 Sportsman cars tonight. 

#2 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:28 PM

Let
Me guess dude it was amazing !!!! I
Went and I will
Tell you right now that was as fun as rolling with jacare Sousa until someone's limb snaps. They need to figure out how to get cars and quick.

#3 Justin314

Justin314

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:50 PM

I vote re-configure the track. Bank it like Lernerville with shorter straights. IMO

#4 RocketChassis#1

RocketChassis#1

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:33 PM

There is nothing the matter with the track. The management is a different story.

#5 Chrome Horn

Chrome Horn

Race Fan

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:28 AM

PPMS has made a few key mistakes that have really come back to haunt them. Dropping the e-mods was a mistake. They had some good racing and each team probably brought 3-4 crew members in the pits. They pretty much paid their own purse every week. When they were dropped it was under the guise that the money they were not going to pay the emods they were going to put towards the crates and stocks. Each class pretty much kept the same amount of cars. nobody from Lernerville came to Pittsburgh to race in the stocks like they had visions of. For the past 2-3 years the crate racing was the best on the weekly shows.  The Miley family has pissed off enough people that it is now catching up to them, all these years later. I can understand there view on dropping the late models for the first 2 months. Last week you only got 10 on average a week. They must have figured out that the money they would save on paying out that purse would offset the lack of fans in the stands. I would have thought they would put that extra money they were saving themselves and put it back into the crates and stocks. They did not and they are still charging the full price for the pits and grandstands which also makes no sense. You drop the premier class whether its for 2 months or 1 week then the price needs adjusted accordingly. That would be like me going to Ruth Chris steakhouse and them telling me I wasn't getting my steak but I had to pay full price for my sides. I really hope the track can survive but when there are like 30 cars total in the pits and dwindling fans in the stands one has to wonder if the place is on borrowed time at this point.

#6 Racer17L

Racer17L

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:33 AM

Banking is higher than Lernerville so that makes no sense. Chrome you nailed it on the head. Emods was the first mistake. Hope they figure it out soon. Don't want another Ryan Home plan there.

#7 brad hibbard

brad hibbard

• Members
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:46 AM

congrats to Josh and Troy

they work very hard at their program and deservere the ultimate reward

as ever

Brad

#8 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:15 AM

Horn I agree with you but I have to point out fine dining is " ala carte " at Ruth Chris when you buy the steak it gets you just the piece of meat it self lol. The standard sides are $10.00 each , the legendary chop salad is $12.00 and tiny 4 stuffed mushrooms are $17.95 ... But damn that shit it
Good !! 2 people is $150.00 plus tip if you both drink water and don't get a lobster tail ... Those start at $75.00 lol. But you are correct it's 25 years of " bad calls " and bad decisions that have gotten to this point . I don't think they were intentional it was just more that they assumed people would come no matter what. I
Don't understand why you would water the track
To make make it wide open for the 11 crate cars when they only have 400 hp and are usually wide open even in the slick. The senseless flooding of the inside of the track has caused me to
Not hurry to get a car done for several years now .

#9 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:49 AM

The crowd certainly wasn't good, but it was no worse than when the Late Models were there.  They have lots of special events later in the year which should help put more butts in the stands.  Unless they have added money to the purses (which I don't believe they did),  the admission price should be adjusted downward.  I, too, would like to see the e-mods come back, they always put on a good show, and had enough competitive cars to make for good racing. 

#10 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:07 AM

Flash less than 30 cars started a feature .... Total!!! You should work for Obama as a press secretary and you can go on the Sunday shows and tell us how Isis is a group of peaceful Muslims and how the economy is roaring ...

#11 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 6,360 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:20 AM

Your post doesn't address anything I said which is par for the course for you.

#12 old man d

old man d

Race Fan

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:42 AM

To the racers who showed up, Thank You. You put on a good show. PPMS i have been coming to the races for 35 years which makes believe i am a loyal fan to PPMS. I will not be their every Saturday night any longer. The only races i will attend The laboon Race and the ALLSTARS. Why is it you try to fix something that is not broken. The E- Mods always put on a good show which is one of the reasons we came on Saturdays. But, then we liked all the classes from the Lates to the Young Guns. May if things improve for the fans and racers we could become loyal again.

#13 Ferg54

Ferg54

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Racin

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:49 PM

Guess I have to rush getting home from work and head to lernerville, because that sucked Saturday night. Waste of money.

#14 GEARHEAD

GEARHEAD

• Members
  • 5,956 posts
  • Interests:LM Racing and rock/metal music

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:27 PM

Actually most of the crowd stopping coming when they stopped allowing beer to be carried in. Dropping the mods was idiotic. Dropping the premier class then raising prices was the opposite of what good businesses do. They invest in more bleacher boards but don't install any of them and just close part of the grandstands. The lights are terrible because the bulbs won't get replaced. The only well lit parts of the track are where the poles blew down and had to be fixed. I hope the rest of them blow down soon, that's the only way they'll get fixed. The Miley's are cheap and their ego's are huge. That is why there's no cars and no fans. They'll never admit it, but that is the only reason the track isn't more successful. Red was the only decent one and the track has been on a steady decline ever since.

Edited by GEARHEAD, 19 April 2015 - 01:28 PM.

#15 Chrome Horn

Chrome Horn

Race Fan

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:42 PM

yes, not allowing fans to bring in coolers was another huge gaffe they made. Truth is the car counts have been down in the stocks for years. The late models were a steady decline that went from a base of 20 cars who ran their weekly down to about 10. The crates have been the only steady class in the last few years. It has gotten so far gone, I don't think the Mileys know what to do to get out of the hole they have dug themselves. I could see the track becoming a specials only track that does not run every Saturday night. They just don't have the cars and fans to continue to do it. 15 dollars to get in and watch 12 crates and 10 stocks and trophy classes seems like being robbed with your clothes on.

#16 racer67x

racer67x

• Members
  • 2,446 posts
  • Interests:duh?

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:49 PM

I agree with all of the above..last night was a new low,the track was in good shape and all who raced put on a good show but its just too little to late. question is,do any of you think that the management will read this and make necessary changes?

#17 Chrome Horn

Chrome Horn

Race Fan

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:52 PM

Danny how can it be fixed? It's not like they can magically make cars start showing up? Fans come to see racing, only seeing a race with 10 cars is far from most peoples idea of exciting! The stuff like the light bulbs and stands should be or you would think easy things they can do to make people see hey they have some pride in the place. Even then, you still need to draw more cars. The easiest way to do that would be to increase the purses. But if they do that their track record shows they will jack up the admission and pit costs so people will still complain.

#18 RmiT

RmiT

Race Fan

• Members
  • 609 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:52 PM

I LOVE  the pic, in Matts Promo post, of the stacks of new boards,,,

When is the install Party? Maybe a free pass to everyone who shows up tp help install new boards in the stands???

;)

Edited by RmiT, 19 April 2015 - 01:53 PM.

Racin', It's "Burgh" Thing...

Truth, Justice, and the American Way...
Wait, who the luck am I kidding???
This is RaceStud, ANYTHING goes, unless it fills Rick's INBOX... Then, POOF, you're gone!

TimR

#19 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:54 PM

Those boards will sit there for years.

#20 RmiT

RmiT

Race Fan

• Members
  • 609 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:58 PM

Those boards will sit there for years.

I fear, that you are correct, just like the nifty stacks of covers under the turn 4 stands, by the office...

Racin', It's "Burgh" Thing...

Truth, Justice, and the American Way...
Wait, who the luck am I kidding???
This is RaceStud, ANYTHING goes, unless it fills Rick's INBOX... Then, POOF, you're gone!

TimR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users