Photo

Congratulations Charles Powell Jr. - 2 feature winning weekend.

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Z-Bar

Z-Bar

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:04 AM

As I called at the start of the season, watch this talented young driver.
He is obviously tightening his skills... With a feature win this weekend at both Thunder Mountain, and again tonite at Hummingbird, keep your eyes on that Redd Hott, Red #94 car! Nice driving Charles jr! I love to watch drivers battle it out! See you next week!

#2 Tommy

Tommy

• Members
  • 3,506 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:17 AM

No one cares.

#3 Z-Bar

Z-Bar

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:04 AM

Clearly I, and many race fans do spectator Tommy. If you don't love the sport ....
We don't care.

#4 TurnLeft22

TurnLeft22

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:43 AM

Yeah if this kid was at the Dream this weekend he would have whooped up on everyone! LMAO

#5 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:45 AM

Is this driver a rookie????

Walt

#6 D1RT

D1RT

• Members
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:57 AM

Is this driver a rookie????

Walt

No he isn't....

#7 michael myers

michael myers

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:57 AM

Yeah people do care! Everybody that is near his rolling demo derby care about how much they are going to spend on repairs. He is not in go karts anymore z-bar.

#8 Toolbox3

Toolbox3

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:40 AM

He still likes to bounce off everyone to get up front

#9 thebigdueceduece

thebigdueceduece

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:08 PM

He's started up front these two races. Congrats to him. But he still is terrible in a crowd. By himself from the pole he is fast. But tears a car up if he has to pass from beyond 5th. Well see when he starts 13th at the bird haha

#10 Z-Bar

Z-Bar

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:38 PM

Fair enough.

#11 Z-Bar

Z-Bar

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:44 PM

He isn't a rookie, he had a half dozen races a few years ago. So, technically no he isn't. He started near the front both races, actually all 3 features this year that he has won. In that argument, so did several other cars. But only one took the checkered. So... 3 features, 3 different tracks, against much more seasoned drivers. Must be beginners luck? I say his star is rising... Keep an eye on him!

#12 TurnLeft22

TurnLeft22

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:53 PM

Yeah he definitely looks to be the next Jimmy Owens.

#13 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 6,357 posts
  • Interests:auto racing of course

Posted 07 June 2015 - 04:00 PM

Is your life so miserable that you have to make light of others' accomplishments? 

#14 TOPGUNRACER

TOPGUNRACER

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:raceing

Posted 07 June 2015 - 04:55 PM

He isn't a rookie, he had a half dozen races a few years ago. So, technically no he isn't. He started near the front both races, actually all 3 features this year that he has won. In that argument, so did several other cars. But only one took the checkered. So... 3 features, 3 different tracks, against much more seasoned drivers. Must be beginners luck? I say his star is rising... Keep an eye on him!

He raced the whole season at hummingbird in 2012 till he went to a secure home.

#15 wake up people

wake up people

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:32 PM

Secure home!!! Now that's a good one...

#16 Tommy

Tommy

• Members
  • 3,506 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 07 June 2015 - 09:32 PM

Clearly I, and many race fans do spectator Tommy. If you don't love the sport ....
We don't care.

I have no probelm with Charles Powell, I have a probelm with you and your post. Your first post acted liked Powell was super fast, but you did not say anything about being his friend.

Edited by Tommy, 07 June 2015 - 09:33 PM.

#17 Z-Bar

Z-Bar

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:18 AM

Friend? I've never spoke to the young man. I watch many races on any venue I can. All classes, but especially fond of the Late models.
And I love a driver in any class. Not all who pilot a race car are drivers. This young man is, and it's obvious. I'm confident he'll prove me right. I've seen many "bull ring masters" in my day. Smashing up others cars just to put them out, or prevent someone from passing them. A digrace to racing in this class! Let's watch the season unfold... We'll revisit this "greenhorn" later.

#18 D1RT

D1RT

• Members
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:34 AM

Friend? I've never spoke to the young man. I watch many races on any venue I can. All classes, but especially fond of the Late models.
And I love a driver in any class. Not all who pilot a race car are drivers. This young man is, and it's obvious. I'm confident he'll prove me right. I've seen many "bull ring masters" in my day. Smashing up others cars just to put them out, or prevent someone from passing them. A digrace to racing in this class! Let's watch the season unfold... We'll revisit this "greenhorn" later.

This driver has been one of your so called "bull ring masters" and has made more than a few "friends" in his short steel block career so far. 

#19 RocketRide

RocketRide

Race Fan

• Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:18 PM

It sure seems odd to me that all of the sudden you are on here talking one driver up, and there are other latemodel drivers that win on a weekly basis, but have never seen you post anything else, get real.

#20 bmb18

bmb18

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:47 AM

It sure seems odd to me that all of the sudden you are on here talking one driver up, and there are other latemodel drivers that win on a weekly basis, but have never seen you post anything else, get real.

I agree 100%. Congrats on the win Saturday Tommy. That was a nice run.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users