Photo

Turn CNB Raceway park back to 1/2mile Dirt!!!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 BRC27

BRC27

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:40 AM

I'm sure this point is mute!  I'm not affiliated with Bainey or the Bank, but I like so many others in the area are hoping for the same thing.  Throw some Clay back on the track and let's Bring a big name track back to the area!  How many people remember when it was dirt a couple years ago?  I remember they ran a special event there and had cars lined up the whole way back to 322 waiting to get in.  Now the track is lucky if it gets 16 cars.  You'd think eventually people would wake up and see that this track has the potential to be an Eldora/Lernerville type of venue.  Turn it back to dirt, enforce a good rules package, attract the big name sanctions, and this track would bring in some major money/sponsorship. 

#2 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:07 AM

I'm sure this point is mute!  I'm not affiliated with Bainey or the Bank, but I like so many others in the area are hoping for the same thing.  Throw some Clay back on the track and let's Bring a big name track back to the area!  How many people remember when it was dirt a couple years ago?  I remember they ran a special event there and had cars lined up the whole way back to 322 waiting to get in.  Now the track is lucky if it gets 16 cars.  You'd think eventually people would wake up and see that this track has the potential to be an Eldora/Lernerville type of venue.  Turn it back to dirt, enforce a good rules package, attract the big name sanctions, and this track would bring in some major money/sponsorship. 

If it was as wildly successful as you people claim it was as a dirt track, it would still be dirt. The area doesn't have enough fans or racers for it to be truly viable as a racing venue, unfortunately.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#3 714d

714d

Race Fan

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:11 AM

It's been argued a thousand times. It WAS really successful as dirt with the baineys running it. The problem wasn't money. The problem is, they are asphalt racers. They wanted a paved track. They didn't change it back for financial reasons, only for personal reasons.

#4 BRC27

BRC27

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:28 AM

When this track was first built it was very successful, that's why it went to asphalt the first time.  The owner then had ambitions to bring nascar series in.  That Idea tanked and McGlauchlin bought it.  He turned it back to dirt but didn't do it right.  He shortened the track and put a weird turn 1&2 on it.  The claim was insurance reasons.  Then Bainey took it over and it still made money.  There is money to be made there.  That place was packed pretty much every weekend!  you had big name drivers there like Bloomquist, Dave Blaney, and Ken Schrader just to name a few.  granted those guys usually come with an appearance fee.  All I'm saying is if they turned it back to dirt and got the Lucas guys or WoO guys to come in it would be comparable to Eldora and Lernerville.  it's a really nice facility, not terribly hard to find, lighted well, wide racing surface, and plenty of spectator seating.  If owned and managed right would bring quite a bit of money to the area.

#5 714d

714d

Race Fan

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:37 AM

No one disagrees. It's just not what the owners want unfortunately. Hopefully we will see that day, but until then go support as much racing as you can before it disappears.

#6 TOPGUNRACER

TOPGUNRACER

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • Interests:raceing

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:32 PM

When this track was first built it was very successful, that's why it went to asphalt the first time.  The owner then had ambitions to bring nascar series in.  That Idea tanked and McGlauchlin bought it.  He turned it back to dirt but didn't do it right.  He shortened the track and put a weird turn 1&2 on it.  The claim was insurance reasons.  Then Bainey took it over and it still made money.  There is money to be made there.  That place was packed pretty much every weekend!  you had big name drivers there like Bloomquist, Dave Blaney, and Ken Schrader just to name a few.  granted those guys usually come with an appearance fee.  All I'm saying is if they turned it back to dirt and got the Lucas guys or WoO guys to come in it would be comparable to Eldora and Lernerville.  it's a really nice facility, not terribly hard to find, lighted well, wide racing surface, and plenty of spectator seating.  If owned and managed right would bring quite a bit of money to the area.

You got some things straight. Kenny McGlauchin did not buy the track he talked Dan Russel the owner at the time to put Dirt on it that way. He said not to go with the half mile to make it smaller so cars could come from other tracks. Baineys and CNB are the current owners as long as baineys keep makeing the payments to the bank it will stay asphalt.

#7 suhoney18

suhoney18

No Life

• Members
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:16 PM

It was pretty successful...I just honestly think the baineys never wanted a dirt track and didn't want the instant backlash of doing it as soon as they took over...but once the track got a lil rain damage it was instantly unrepairable and needed to be made to an asphalt track...

#8 T-440

T-440

A Sprint Car Dinosaur

• Members
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 01:09 AM

From a specials stand point, I think for the most part they did really well with the dirt.  The 2 day shows they tried were a flop, in both car and fan counts.  Their one day Memorial Day, July 3rd, and Labor Day specials were usually pretty well attended on both sides.  Weekly racing, they didn't get any better car counts or fan counts than AMP, Hummingbird or any other track around here.  I like the asphalt, if they were trying to bring in some big late model shows, or if the super cup series is able to draw in some more cars.  I also wouldn't be opposed to seeing it go back to dirt, although, I think it is very unlikely to happen. 

#9 37 OWNER 36

37 OWNER 36

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Raceing

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:49 AM

When Ken Schrader was there i talked to him. He wanetd to know why they didnt use the full 1/2 mile. We talked about how it was back when it was dirt he said it would ba awsome back that way, He also said it was realy stupid to put the dirt over the blacktop,the moisture has no where to go.

#10 D1RT

D1RT

• Members
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:32 PM

We don't need another dirt track in the area. Let it RIP.....

#11 race ace

race ace

race ace

• Members
  • 2,511 posts
  • Interests:dirt track racer

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:53 PM

we were taking three cars up to Marion center on Saturday night and  had to make a quick stop at the Clearfield truckstop for fuel , while i was sitting in the truck a man walked out of the  diner and asked me if we were racing at Clearfield , I told him no we were on our way to Marion center he asked me how far it was and i told him it was on the other side of Punsxy he said oh that is a long way to go , i said yes it was but Clearfield had a paved track only . he asked me about racing ,if you won did you get a trophy, money or both  i laughed and told him we had a slim chance of winning in these old street stocks because we were out gunned by far to what is being raced today , he said oh well have a good time , be safe  and i will see you later .i have never seen this guy before and the driver didn't know him but i have the feeling if there were a dirt track in clearfield there would have been a few more in the seats . these fans around here have put up with more than anyone could ask for and keep coming back . when C N B  was dirt they did, as someone else said, line up for over a mile to get in  that is the truth and there is not a bad seat in the house , does this area need another dirt track maybe not but for a once a month venue or something like that there still is a market.

race ace

#12 MrFabricator

MrFabricator

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:Fabricating

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:54 PM

Cant waite till Dan Russell gets the track back, a good friend of his told me hesaid he would strip all the pa

vement off and put good clay on it and run specials only then put it up fore sale.

dont forget he is on the board at CNB bank! So who actualy ownes it.

#13 ramey36

ramey36

Racer

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Interests:Oval track, Pro-Touring, drag racing, motorcycles, anything fast.

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:30 PM

I love the asphalt. The Super Cup races are very cool and the SCCA stuff introduces the track to a whole new audience. The speed is crazy fast when a 2-bbl late model can run 100 mph average.

When it was the shortened dirt configuration there was a lot of talk about the track being too fast and too hard on motors.

If it were to go to high banked half with late models, street stocks and 4-cylinders with a 3 division show and real track prep it would be the place to be on the east coast. Five year rules plan.

I'll support CNB regardless of the owner or surface.

Ramey Womer
womerracing.com
umipeformance.com

#14 chance2

chance2

• Members
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:39 PM

I laugh every time race ace brings up being out gunned in this area!!! Stop down some time I will show you what I'm running! Stop whining !

#15 TUNACAN

TUNACAN

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:50 PM

Might want to get a more reputable friend Mr. Fabricator, Danny Russell nor Tim Bainey are on the CNB Board.   As for the owner per County Tax assessment....its Tim Bainey

#16 KSH8TR

KSH8TR

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:51 PM

I laugh every time race ace brings up being out gunned in this area!!! Stop down some time I will show you what I'm running! Stop whining !

I agree! Race ace is a moron who knows nothing about racing. Only thing hes good at is whining, moaning, and groaning.  He couldnt win a race against himself!

Edited by KSH8TR, 06 July 2015 - 01:51 PM.

#17 T-440

T-440

A Sprint Car Dinosaur

• Members
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:43 AM

If I ever won a huge pile of money on the lottery:

Pennsylvania needs a late model track based on the same model that Williams Grove and Lincoln use for the sprint cars.  A big payout for the late models ($2000 to win $200 to start, $3000 to win $300 to start) to draw race teams and race fans from across the region each week.  Draw in the top teams and make it the place to be for big time late model racing each week.  Have one, maybe two support classes, with healthy payouts that help keep the teams coming back each week.  No need to have 4 or 5 support divisions with 10 cars in each.  Less classes, better payouts in those classes.  Corner the market on the divisions that you do run, and let the other tracks fight over the rest.  Give the fans what they want to see, Late Models, maybe Super Stocks, and I would even go with a Steel Block / Limited Late class.  Clearfield has something going for it that no other track in the immediate area has, the size and capacity to hold enough fans to make a dream like this possible.  The track almost has it's own exit off I-80.    It is one of those things that will never happen, but myself, I think it would be great to have a track like this, where every week is a big event.  The track hasn't in the past, and I don't believe ever will survive as a weekly track trying to do the same thing that 10 other tracks in the region are doing every week.  

There are late model teams that hardly ever leave their home track, and then there are teams that chase the money, what if a track put up that kind of money each week???

#18 race ace

race ace

race ace

• Members
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:59 PM

was not my car i am not racing anymore but i have NEVER seen you at marion center but i did see joe there .

race ace

#19 race ace

race ace

race ace

• Members
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:00 PM

I agree! Race ace is a moron who knows nothing about racing. Only thing hes good at is whining, moaning, and groaning.  He couldnt win a race against himself!

why are you a kyle shannon  hater just wondering?

race ace

#20 CHEVY1A

CHEVY1A

Race Fan

• Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:11 PM

If I ever won a huge pile of money on the lottery:

Pennsylvania needs a late model track based on the same model that Williams Grove and Lincoln use for the sprint cars.  A big payout for the late models ($2000 to win $200 to start, $3000 to win $300 to start) to draw race teams and race fans from across the region each week.  Draw in the top teams and make it the place to be for big time late model racing each week.  Have one, maybe two support classes, with healthy payouts that help keep the teams coming back each week.  No need to have 4 or 5 support divisions with 10 cars in each.  Less classes, better payouts in those classes.  Corner the market on the divisions that you do run, and let the other tracks fight over the rest.  Give the fans what they want to see, Late Models, maybe Super Stocks, and I would even go with a Steel Block / Limited Late class.  Clearfield has something going for it that no other track in the immediate area has, the size and capacity to hold enough fans to make a dream like this possible.  The track almost has it's own exit off I-80.    It is one of those things that will never happen, but myself, I think it would be great to have a track like this, where every week is a big event.  The track hasn't in the past, and I don't believe ever will survive as a weekly track trying to do the same thing that 10 other tracks in the region are doing every week.  

There are late model teams that hardly ever leave their home track, and then there are teams that chase the money, what if a track put up that kind of money each week???

If you got a big pile of money you would be better off to buy some land and start over, dont curse yourself with those Clearfield tracks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users