Lynch at Lernerville

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 fastforward1

fastforward1

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:21 PM

Also ed's probably mad because those young guys actually RACED him. He expects everybody to just move aside and let him by like they've done for a decade or more.

" Looks like ONE MORE, for the good guys "..........Scott Hall

#22 23wellerfan31

23wellerfan31

Dirt Track Nut

• Members
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:42 PM

I personally thought AJ drove a hell of a race.  He was slower on the bottom, Matus got around him, He went high into 1 the one lap, and took off.  He was killing them the last 7 or 8 laps.  Was around 0.3-0.4 seconds faster then Lynch up there.  I didnt see AJ out of control at all.  Only car I seen about take out 7 cars in the first 5 laps was Bill Kiley almost lose it off of 2, go sideways about 6 times then pull a wheelie....Unreal how slow he is.

2022 - 66 Races @ 16 Tracks

2021 - 100 Races @ 32 Tracks
2020 - 56 Races @ 15 Tracks

2019 - 75 Races @ 23 Tracks

2018 - 66 Races @ 26 Tracks

2017 - 62 Races @ 18 Tracks

2016 - 42 Races @ 7 Tracks

#23 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,184 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:12 PM

Clueless. Your right. Ed won the silver cup in 2002. The place hated him on Friday nights because he was a winner many times. The last 2 laps of that race every person in the place was on there feet cheering for him. Clueless. Yep.

#24 Crew13

Crew13

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Racin, Football,Hiking

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:55 PM

Also ed's probably mad because those young guys actually RACED him. He expects everybody to just move aside and let him by like they've done for a decade or more.

Yeah cause Ed Lynch Jr. is afraid of competition.  OK,  if that is the case then why would he tow hours across the country with the WoO?  He had no reason in the world to take a brand new car and run it over top of another one.  They bend way to easy.   Then to blame it on AJ while he is still right there because AJ is a young kid that has already beaten him.   There is more to this and we'll never know.   I hope AJ beats him again and again but don't want ED to lay down Either.

#25 Alwayracing

Alwayracing

Cool Newbie

• Member Group
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:46 AM

Crew13. You obviously don't know AJ. First he isn't confrontational. So if you think he was waiting to give Lynch heck for running over him that wouldn't happen. He was excited about the race and thrilled with the finish. Don't assume he is you and would do what you do. Ask the guys he races against and have raced against and see what their opinion would be.

#26 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:33 AM

I'll second that post!!

Walt

#27 Crew13

Crew13

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Racin, Football,Hiking

Posted 20 July 2015 - 12:11 PM

I don't know AJ but seems like a great kid.  I just don't know why ED would take the chance to ruin two good cars because he wanted to show the kid up and teach him a lesson for trying to beat him.  That's crap and if it is the case he should be banned like Bolland, but in my book Bolland didn't do anything wrong but that is for another post. Could it be then that AJ was stopping or slowing down to give ED a congrats thumb up and Ed didn't see him till it was too late? Also after too late saw AJ making a jester and took it incorrectly?  IDK

#28 Rusty_Nuts

Rusty_Nuts

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 12:48 PM

I think it comes down more to the fact that Ed has competition. Young competition. That has the ability to beat him. Is taking his fan base. And far out performing his own son, Sye. Ive never seen a crowd that cheered so often for one driver as i have seen with AJ. And to make it worse, there are continuous headlines for a #2 from Apollo. But its not Ed Lynch anymore. Ed's ego has been evident at Lernerville Speedway, to me, for decades. And Friday night further proved it. Those two drivers never touched until Ed obviously ran him over coming to the scales. It was a d-bag move by a driver I USED to have the utmost respect for. There is a new Apollo driver I will cheer for, who has far more class.

#29 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 12:51 PM

The race only pays like 1500 and lynch won !!!! Why would he do double that in damage to a guys car who didn't hit him ?? Guaranteed it was an accident

#30 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:09 PM

If Ed somehow wins on Tuesday night, many of the people who "hate" him will be knob gobbling like crazy.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#31 Skull

Skull

• Members
  • 4,715 posts
  • Interests:I'm interesting

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:22 PM

The race only pays like 1500 and lynch won !!!! Why would he do double that in damage to a guys car who didn't hit him ?? Guaranteed it was an accident

His comment to Dow post race was, and I'm paraphrasing; "I didn't appreciate that business in the infield". Proves intent to me.

It's not the first time Eddie got his jimmies rustled. Ask anyone that saw him bust loose at Challenger several years back over restarts. He at least had some justification then.

Edited by Skull, 20 July 2015 - 01:31 PM.

#32 Skull

Skull

• Members
  • 4,715 posts
  • Interests:I'm interesting

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:23 PM

If Ed somehow wins on Tuesday night, many of the people who "hate" him will be knob gobbling like crazy.

Trust me, I won't be one of them.

#33 32HERR

32HERR

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:45 PM

I rarely post anything on here, but being that AJ is like a brother to me, I feel the need to add my two cents.  Both drove a helluva race, a clean race, one of the best Ive seen, I mean .048 at the line is just awesome.  As far as the post race activities, (Im not being biased, just telling you like it is) They ran the cool down lap, AJ pulled into the infield in front of Lynch, both slowed to head towards the scales.  Lynch throttled it up over AJ's right rear causing damage to both cars, AJ pulled off away from the scales to be checked out by track officials and safety crew. I heard Lynch's victory lane BS (hard to over the boo's) and headed to the pits. Lynch's crew stopped at AJ's trailer, got into a shouting match and that's where it ended.  I honestly hope someone has the video to clarify this whole ordeal up, but from what you heard from the grandstands and all over social media, the 2L is to blame. You can talk about the ego of Lynch, the passing of the torch in Apollo, whatever you want to say or call it, it was a helluva race, overshadowed by uncalled for post race actions. Hopefully moving forward, this incident stays in the past and these two can continue to put on a show.  I know AJ will..

#34 shutupandfish

shutupandfish

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:08 PM

Ed has been driving like an idiot all year. Yes he was once great but his time has passed and he is having difficulty accepting that. It's only a matter of time before it goes very wrong. It was obvious that he felt slighted by AJ exiting in front of him and tried to give him a stiff bump to show him before he fell on the gas and escalated his bone head move to a more serious level. At that point he got embarrassed and continued to escalate the situation rather than deal with admitting he was wrong. He has convinced himself that AJ was at fault.

Twitter:

" @EdLynchJr1 Great race! Congrats...car looked awesome...what happened in the infield? "

"  @Trustsecshaun aj flick bent my front both sides of my front wing and bent my guard rail on the side and bent my top wing just a little "

He's completely lost it. All we can do now is hope that when his luck gives out he doesn't hurt anyone else.

As for the Black Flag there has been a clear trend established over the last 4 races or so. I noticed the one week in the stock car race the 66 clearly dumped the 20 for the win and they let it slide. I thought maybe it wasn't as clear from other vantage points so they left it go. The next Friday though it became clear at least a few late model drivers noticed they weren't being as picky because the heats and feature was full of questionable behavior. Then 48vs1 the week before last with no black flag and last week was the Lynch infield debacle. It's clear that they are trending towards a loose stance on rough driving. Maybe it's coincidence or maybe it's just the economy picking up so these big teams have more parts money to waste on tearing up the little guys. Whatever the reason it does seem like whoever is making the calls at the track is not as worried about rough driving as they were last year. I recall a few DQ's last year for much less and one of them the driver who got "taken out" was even telling the official it was his fault but the other guy was penalized anyway. Now all of the sudden there doesn't seem to be a way to get a DQ. Something changed and the situation will escalate until someone finds the new limit.

Maybe everyone is just trying to win favor with the new owners by making lot's of scrap metal lol.

#35 Hot Dog

Hot Dog

• Members
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:16 PM

Yeah he has 3 wins this year. He's really lost it. Completely washed up. Some of you mouth breathers are ridiculous

#36 shutupandfish

shutupandfish

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:52 PM

I didn't say he's completely lost his ability to drive but anyone that would win a clean race then proceed to tear up his brand new ride to take out a competitor in line for the scales is not right. He may still be fast but he is also desperate. He used to be the smoothest driver there and now he is just barely in control. On top of that his actions last week were not only unacceptable and irresponsible but completely unprovoked.

#37 michael myers

michael myers

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:59 PM

It is amazing how people get all twisted up over this, and the affected driver has brushed it off. the people crying ed is washed are funny as they are in the class of never been anything to qualify as being washed up. Unless you count bleacher warming,or racestud trolling sports.

#38 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:46 PM

The economy has not " picked up "

#39 scruffy1a

scruffy1a

Racestud Sophistocate

• Members
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:54 PM

Yeah he has 3 wins this year. He's really lost it. Completely washed up. Some of you mouth breathers are ridiculous

Exactly.  That there is discussion of Lynch's skills fading is beyond ridiculous.  Even if there was any evidence to support it, the guys's probably 50 years old.  I would expect him to not have the same zip as he did 15, 10, even 5 years ago.  But we're talking about the guy who won the most recent feature for crying out loud, and nobody has won more than him at this point in the season.

This "passing of the torch" business needs to be put on hold.  Some of you anuses are ready to put Flick in the hall of fame next year.  He's won one race in two seasons.  One.  Race.  To put that into perspective, he'll catch Lynch's total (just at Lernerville, mind you) in 200 years at this rate.  He's new to sprints, fast, likable, and getting good finishes without tearing up his, or others', equipment.  It's no mystery why he's got fans.  If he sticks around for a long while, he'll be popular until he wins "too much," and then a bunch of people will boo him too.  Anyone who's been around long enough can remember this scenario playing out for a number of successful drivers.

The "big fish, small pond" reason for disliking Lynch is bunk, too.  If he cared about being a big fish, he wouldn't have skipped points races to go to Eldora and Knoxville for so many years.  It cost him at least as many championships as Kevin Schaffer won.  It may not have been more than a year or two, but Lynch did travel fairly well 20-25 years ago (if memory serves).  It may not have been a full schedule, as some of you are riding him for, but I believe he has finished in the top 20 in WoO points.  That doesn't happen by staying in your own pond.

Before anyone asks me how Ed Jr.'s balls taste, I've never been particularly fond of the guy.  I have, as hard as it may be to admit, grown to respect his accomplishments.  I'm also neutral to Flick.  I remember him driving a strictly stock (or some variety of the name) what seems like ten or so years ago at Marion Center and thinking it was cool that another racer's son was driving.  I imagine being a third-generation driver goes a long way toward his popularity as well.

If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just suck.

#40 scruffy1a

scruffy1a

Racestud Sophistocate

• Members
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:00 PM

A week, anyway. But that ain't gonna happen because whether we like it or not, he puts asses in the seats.

How many asses were missing while he stayed away to "protest" due to low payout?  Not many.  He came back before Lernerville went under due to his absence, and they didn't cave to him by dramatically raising the pay.  I doubt Lernerville takes that into consideration.

If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just suck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users