• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 94.3-RADRACER

94.3-RADRACER

• Members
  • 6,661 posts
  • Interests:hunting,fishing,racing

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:16 PM

come support tri-city speedway again on Saturday night at 7 pm. lm's, rush crates,e-mods, and stocks will be putting on a show. the track has been busy this last week, so purses are coming. they are sticking there necks out for us, so come support this event. ty.

#2 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:33 PM

You must be on of the guys thats gets in free there  :o

#3 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:50 PM

NO!!!   He is a car owner who would like to see the track succeed!!!    I am sure the new track owners appreciate his support!!!

Walt

#4 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:51 PM

We know your on the list Walt  :D . If they have a huge late model race up there, I may have to come up.

#5 Chrome Horn

Chrome Horn

Race Fan

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:02 PM

I am glad Tri City is back open. However, I am not sure why they had put the crates on the card when Pittsburgh is running a big crate race for 2100 to win. Now some of the guys who probably would have came to Pittsburgh like Blair could go to Tri City instead.

#6 Hot Dog

Hot Dog

• Members
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:07 PM

I am glad Tri City is back open. However, I am not sure why they had put the crates on the card when Pittsburgh is running a big crate race for 2100 to win. Now some of the guys who probably would have came to Pittsburgh like Blair could go to Tri City instead.

I think they are banking on Stateline cars. I think after the home run financially last week, this could be a mistake. It's a pretty big risk, but kudos for the effort.

#7 94.3-RADRACER

94.3-RADRACER

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:14 PM

I am not looking for freebies.....chad asked me to post around, and I said I would help. max and I have been trying to get this going since stateline closed. not to hurt ppms. we have no Saturday track running up here, and tri-city agreed to put up a show. there are about 50 crates up north, and only we were gonna come down that I know of. but we want another track to race on, instead of eating hot dogs around a fire. buying 3 hards for ppms is tough for one night. them guys are tough to beat down there....

#8 WestPA LM Fan

WestPA LM Fan

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:15 PM

Gotta give them props for the effort. Stateline was getting very good LM car counts this year, if most of those guys go down it should be a good field considering some Western PA cars will probably show too. I hope it works for them.

#9 94.3-RADRACER

94.3-RADRACER

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:19 PM

and sunday wasn't a risk? banking, isn't the word I think of. these guys will be there....lm people are just as excited as you were.....

#10 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:19 PM

Just like mercer scheduling against the laboon race. Tri-city ads a race days before another big ppms race, gotta love tracks putting it to ppms.

#11 Chrome Horn

Chrome Horn

Race Fan

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:21 PM

Most Rush Tour races only pay 1200 to 1500 to win. I would think for 2100 to win that more cars from North would come down besides Bidwell. Randy Hall has been to Pittsburgh a few times and ran well. Blair has won a ton this year, I doubt buying 3 hard tires would keep him from coming down for 2100 to win. 

#12 Hot Dog

Hot Dog

• Members
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:24 PM

and sunday wasn't a risk? banking, isn't the word I think of. these guys will be there....lm people are just as excited as you were.....

Yeah they were thrilled to be there weekly with a great purse a few years ago too. That worked out well. Btw I'm not shitting on the late models or Saturdays, more the fact that they have like a weeks notice. Hard to get word out that fast.

#13 Hot Dog

Hot Dog

• Members
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:26 PM

Just like mercer scheduling against the laboon race. Tri-city ads a race days before another big ppms race, gotta love tracks putting it to ppms.

Hard to feel pity for PPMS management at this point. They're pretty terrible at what they do.

#14 94.3-RADRACER

94.3-RADRACER

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:48 PM

hotdog, I no your smarter than that.....they ran Friday's against lernerville and 7, both had their main classes. and stateline was running, so they had a sat/sun track to race. stateline got more cars than any track around here. they will support it...

#15 94.3-RADRACER

94.3-RADRACER

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:50 PM

the tracks are two hours apart.......didn't ppms get 51 stocks anyhow........

#16 Hot Dog

Hot Dog

• Members
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:55 PM

hotdog, I no your smarter than that.....they ran Friday's against lernerville and 7, both had their main classes. and stateline was running, so they had a sat/sun track to race. stateline got more cars than any track around here. they will support it...

I hope you're right. I'm on your side, I'd just hate to see them make a quick decision like this and hurt them selves. I hope the pits and stands are as full as sunday, but a week isn't a lot of time to promote a show.

#17 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:58 PM

bhhracing......I'm on the "list" because I work there!!   BTW we will be having the ULMS Late Models for $3,000 to win on August 16!!

Walt

#18 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:14 PM

Walt, If you can guarantee me 35+ lates I will personally make the 3 hrs trip and buy you a beer.

#19 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:48 PM

I would be highly surprised if that race would draw 35 cars!!  More like 25 in this day and age of low car counts.  If you have a 3 hour drive, you must live out of the western PA area??  Or maybe way souht east such as the Bedford-Roaring Knob area??

Walt.

#20 spike

spike

Race Fan

• Members
  • 776 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:52 PM

come support tri-city speedway again on Saturday night at 7 pm. lm's, rush crates,e-mods, and stocks will be putting on a show. the track has been busy this last week, so purses are coming. they are sticking there necks out for us, so come support this event. ty.

Edited by spike, 29 July 2015 - 05:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users