• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 Foz20J

Foz20J

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 07:22 PM

I never said the C33 was illegal and Til this day I won't say that. I believe that he is one heck of a driver and has it all figured out to work for his driving style. He's beatable and that's been proven. He's also very consistent. I feel with my car and with me running a 358 I also have it figured out to work with me and my driving style. The 50 lbs added to the front on the open engine cars with setbacks is where the issue lies.

"a man with momentum and nothing to lose is a dangerous person" - Jason Fosnaught

#42 TAYLORRACER08

TAYLORRACER08

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:11 AM

people are also forgetting that lernerville won't get any outside cars coming to race there because of the 604 rule

#43 greencar55

greencar55

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:50 AM

The LM tire rule did that

#44 Foz20J

Foz20J

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:12 PM

people are also forgetting that lernerville won't get any outside cars coming to race there because of the 604 rule

They've got it all figured out. Just ask the person responsible for this decision. You'll be told that they know it'll have a "growing" period and that it's what's "best" for the future of the division. Also that there will be a lot of "money" and "perks" for the drivers involved. We all will never get the real reasons why. And if it fails they have a back up plan that involves crate engines. This was well thought out and planned.

Edited by Foz20J, 01 September 2015 - 02:35 PM.

"a man with momentum and nothing to lose is a dangerous person" - Jason Fosnaught

#45 blue by you

blue by you

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:54 PM

I have talked to them in person & they think that Gary knows best & he thinks we all need to do this to save the class. I cannot stress how pissed I am. We have raced there for over 20 years & now it looks like me & all my frends & fam. will never spend a dime at that f'en place again

wow!!!! save the class.you guys have 20-22 cars every week. ppms would kill for that.it's not about saving the class it's all about money an greed.

#46 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:15 PM

Yea. I wonder what there thoughts and plans are going to be as they only get 6 cars in the pits. I no if I where with the penn/Ohio series I would be approaching speedway's with a unified set of rules. Get a good PR guy to work with you and build from there. Get some sponsors for a good points deal, and you just created a good division. The hardest part of this deal would be getting The speedway's to come on board and unified rules.

#47 NickD

NickD

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:18 PM

Yea. I wonder what there thoughts and plans are going to be as they only get 6 cars in the pits. I no if I where with the penn/Ohio series I would be approaching speedway's with a unified set of rules. Get a good PR guy to work with you and build from there. Get some sponsors for a good points deal, and you just created a good division. The hardest part of this deal would be getting The speedway's to come on board and unified rules.

Just found out that is over with...

Edited by NickD, 01 September 2015 - 10:47 PM.

#48 yenko1

yenko1

Race Fan

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:47 PM

. :(

Edited by yenko1, 02 September 2015 - 11:09 AM.

#49 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:12 PM

RUSH is DATING PENN/OHIO. Crap, The sportsman guy's are getting the shaft now. Woooo is me. I wonder what there pillow talk is ? Hummm.

#50 Foz20J

Foz20J

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 488 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:01 PM

Edited by Foz20J, 01 September 2015 - 09:22 PM.

#51 Tommy

Tommy

• Members
  • 3,506 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 01 September 2015 - 09:49 PM

Another lernerville stock driver told me that he would not buy a crate engine and maybe run the Penn Ohio or maybe just quit and get a hot rod.

#52 NickD

NickD

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 10:47 PM

RUSH is DATING PENN/OHIO. Crap, The sportsman guy's are getting the shaft now. Woooo is me. I wonder what there pillow talk is ? Hummm.

Just found out that is no longer....

#53 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:15 AM

Welp, when the stocks get the heave ho for crate late models, the Fab 4 is going to be the only weekly show in the country without any "budget" divisions. It's a very bold strategy.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#54 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:16 AM

Maybe just maybe. It's rush and lernerville sharing pillows. Never no !

#55 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:44 AM

That manager was throttling half the world while his wife was pregnant from what I seen on FB lol

#56 Skull

Skull

• Members
  • 4,715 posts
  • Interests:I'm interesting

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:09 AM

I don't believe they will add the RUSH crates; as a buddy pointed out, they would likely have to take on a higher purse to get any cars. If they added anything, it would probably be the RUSH modifieds.

I hate this decision. I hate Vikki Emig and Gary Risch, Jr. for making it happen. One thing I am certain of, is that I will be getting home a lot earlier next season because I absolutely refuse to sit there and support this bullshit. I hope it is an abject failure. Shame on them for shitting all over a very loyal and talented group of racers that have entertained me for years.

#57 4FUN

4FUN

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:38 AM

Skull....

I think you hit on something....

When this idea of a crate only stock division fails at the hands of Vikki, again, Lernerville will go back to the "ORIGINAL" Fab 4 of lates,sprints, and 2 mod divisions.

EXCEPT the current RUSH mod guys better grab their ankles, Because the rules will change and 604's will be allowed in the division... 

again under the idea of " saving those who have these motors money ".....

#58 Skull

Skull

• Members
  • 4,715 posts
  • Interests:I'm interesting

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:16 AM

Skull....
I think you hit on something....
When this idea of a crate only stock division fails at the hands of Vikki, again, Lernerville will go back to the "ORIGINAL" Fab 4 of lates,sprints, and 2 mod divisions.
EXCEPT the current RUSH mod guys better grab their ankles, Because the rules will change and 604's will be allowed in the division... 
again under the idea of " saving those who have these motors money ".....

I'd never considered that, but at this point, nothing would surprise me.

I can't understand the rationale of the possibility of allowing racing trannies, either. Isn't that counter productive to the whole crate concept?

Also, if they do dump the stocks and add the RUSH mods, where are they going to get any numbers there? I sincerely hope this whole shameless money grab, and that's what it is, blows up in their collective faces. What does it say about how much profit is in these motors if they are willing to give not one, but two away at the Stampede? Olive branch my ass. I hope both of them end up in pick ups as BL alluded to.

#59 blue by you

blue by you

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:06 PM

10 Bob. C33, 28Y, 948, 27, 11, 7E, 31, 10, 35, 5. That's not on a weekly basis. Some of them only have raced a few times this year.

And to the unnamed person who called my phone this morning trying to persuade me into meeting with you to discuss me running a crate engine and racing next season at Lernerville, I will NOT be racing a crate engine now or ever in the 20J. I can find better things to do with my time and money. I will NOT be bought or persuaded. I've given 10 years of racing to that track and I hope I've given everybody who's attended something to cheer for. The 20J has officially retired from compettiton at Lernerville and most likely for good. This isn't the future of racing and I won't support it either.

good for you!!! more guys should take this stance....don't give in to this b.s.

#60 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:27 PM

I don't believe they will add the RUSH crates; as a buddy pointed out, they would likely have to take on a higher purse to get any cars. If they added anything, it would probably be the RUSH modifieds.

Crate lates do run for purses about the same as what the stocks get. I only think it'd be the crate lates because there are way more of them around then there are RUSH mods to pad the back gate.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users