• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Habs33

Habs33

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 08:09 PM

So NASCAR just crowned a "champion" who missed 11 races. I've always felt pretty indifferent about Busch personally, but there's no way any champion should miss a third of the season... His injury was unfortunate, but injuries have cost other drivers championships and he should've been no different

#2 lm08

lm08

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:racing

Posted 22 November 2015 - 10:06 PM

i must agree. i can understand if someone misses a couple of races but not 11 and still be champion. why not  take half a year off and still race for the championship. chase is a joke and so is nascar. 

#3 714d

714d

Race Fan

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 10:21 PM

I don't know if you can call him a champion without putting an asterisk beside it, but like him or hate him, Kyle can wheel anything you put him in. I can respect that. Plus, he's come a LONG way from the disrespectful little punk he used to be. I give him credit for sure. Used to hate him, now he's one of the only guys I like.

#4 racepace

racepace

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 10:25 PM

Im sure after this season even more bleachers will be repossessed and removed from their tracks and resold elsewere. Was it Texas Speedway that Bradford Speedway got thiers from before they reopened?

#5 Retort

Retort

• Members
  • 654 posts
  • Interests:pissing off the neighbors

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:40 AM

Im sure after this season even more bleachers will be repossessed and removed from their tracks and resold elsewere. Was it Texas Speedway that Bradford Speedway got thiers from before they reopened?

Toledo Speedway got some bleachers from M.I.S. last year. Just about doubled the seating capacity of the place.

#6 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:23 AM

Kyle Busch beat the NASCAR system fair and square, even though I don't like the guy!!  However, what this will do is just turn more fans against The Chase!!!   NASCAR made the rules and Busch did what he had to do, plain and simple.   The worst thing about The Chase is having it all come down to one race at the end which allows so many factors to come into play that can decide the "champion".  Blown tires, blown engines, a crash not of the contender's making and also the weather.  Or being parked by some failed two bit part like put Jimmie Johnson out of the chase weeks back.  ONE RACE is no way to decide a season championship!!

GOOD RACING!!!

Walt 

#7 TEAM29

TEAM29

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:DIRT track racing, Fishing, Hunting and did I mention DIRT track racing???!!!

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:10 AM

Agreed with all, but like Walt said, he beat the system the way the system is setup... there are many drivers that could and should have been in the "Chase" final...it comes down to being LUCKY at the right time...it is more LUCK than anything the way they have it now... I guess that's where the saying comes: I'd rather be lucky than good...(Not to say K. Busch isn't good, he just is lucky and good at the right time)

Bone29

#8 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:01 PM

I think it was way back in the 1960s when Richard Petty said "I'd rather be lucky than good"!!   He may not have been the first to say that, but when he said it, I remembered it, and still do!!

GOOD RACING!!!

Walt

#9 suhoney18

suhoney18

No Life

• Members
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:43 PM

he got into the chase with 11 less races to earn the required points then other guys... he also won 5 races total so it wasn't like they just put him in based on his name or car owner

#10 crazylarry12345

crazylarry12345

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:14 PM

Kyle Busch beat the NASCAR system fair and square, even though I don't like the guy!!  However, what this will do is just turn more fans against The Chase!!!   NASCAR made the rules and Busch did what he had to do, plain and simple.   The worst thing about The Chase is having it all come down to one race at the end which allows so many factors to come into play that can decide the "champion".  Blown tires, blown engines, a crash not of the contender's making and also the weather.  Or being parked by some failed two bit part like put Jimmie Johnson out of the chase weeks back.  ONE RACE is no way to decide a season championship!!

GOOD RACING!!!

Walt 

#11 crazylarry12345

crazylarry12345

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:16 PM

Thats what the nfl does

#12 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 03:28 PM

What about Kyle Larson getting raped out of his first cup win for the phantom yellow ...

#13 trlrguy69

trlrguy69

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 03:44 PM

I think the phantom yellows are a joke. Larson most likely had that race but nascar was hoping to make a race between the top two chase contenders. The chase system is a joke all around. Either race for points all year like racing was meant to, or if you're going to copy other sports and have a playoff then do it right and when you're eliminated you don't play next week.

#14 Habs33

Habs33

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 03:47 PM

Larson had to be pissed, he had that race won. That water bottle down on the apron was really gonna destroy someone's car....

#15 whiteboy55

whiteboy55

• Members
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:36 PM

What about Kyle Larson getting raped out of his first cup win for the phantom yellow ...

that Deer Park water bottle was sitting there since lap 100, Nascar finally noticed it on lap 360 when they needed it for ratings , lol

Stacie White

#16 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:50 PM

NASCRAP. just unfortunately keeps getting worse. This chase bullshit was so no one would run away with the points deal. NO OTHER REASON. I can't say anyone has the right formula because of the season being so long and if I guy is hot it's tuff to track them down point wise. I no nobody is going to want to hear this but the penske cars, followed probably by gibbs, had the season covered. So, if your going by consistency. I'm pretty sure one of those guys would have been crowned champion at phoenix. NASCRAP sure as hell didn't want to see that.

#17 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:56 PM

How about the WoO???   Schatz and Clanton had things well in hand long before the World Finals!!   Point races are point races, sometimes they are exciting and other times like watching paint dry or grass grow!! They are as they are but NASCAR had other ideas!!

Walt.

#18 racer111

racer111

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:27 PM

I have said many times why NASCAR isin't making it, The Chase, not enough short tracks, The Chase, and The Chase, Oh and "Mystery Yellows"can anyone remember the last race where there WASN'T a mystery yellow? I can't.

...and I agree with what Walt said, Kyle Busch used the system to his advantage...and he is a much changed individual.

#19 Habs33

Habs33

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:54 PM

Had they not had the chase it actually would've been a really tight battle between Logano and Harvick for the title (Harvick would've won by 22 points, but the Kenseth deal for Logano wouldn't have happened with no chase so it would've been even closer). But why have that when you can screw the best, most consistent drivers with this format?

#20 racepace

racepace

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:39 PM

I think WOO and Lucas should only count half the races so that drivers can race in Florida then at their home track for a few months then race for the champion later. Do it like NASCRAP did it this year.Be rewarded for missing a third of the races.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users