• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 hammer time

hammer time

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:56 PM

Just saw that mercer will be starting at 5:30 for weekly racing. The running order will be junior sprints,mini stocks,mod lites,street stocks,outlaw sprints and ran last and alternating weeks will be modifieds and 410 sprints. What are your thoughts on this?

#2 Racer17L

Racer17L

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:31 PM

And no more hotlaps....

#3 Cool1

Cool1

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • Interests:Racin

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:13 PM

Its good for people/fans who are there for the lower classes, they can watch them, and then leave, I they want to. They can be home early, or stay and watch the higher classes. It should be good for he higher class, they won' have to be there as early, and the moisture should be coming back up when they run, soothe dust should. Be better for them. As a fan, you  won't have to be there till about 8:30 (just guessing, have to see how it plays out)\ for the higher classes, either way, its the same price. Lets give it a chance, and see how it works.

Larry

#4 MeXican_BOB

MeXican_BOB

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:17 PM

Well on Facebook I just saw a bunch of drivers crying the blues and putting negative words on the place.

#5 MeXican_BOB

MeXican_BOB

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:18 PM

Cho Cho Dust bowl is all I can say the 5 times we went up there for big races if they race at 530 pm on hot summer days!

#6 bill49

bill49

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:32 PM

A welcome change.looking forward to a new season

#7 Skull

Skull

• Members
  • 4,715 posts
  • Interests:I'm interesting

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:45 PM

Why would you run your front gate generating classes last? Sprints and SB Mods are the only two classes I go there to see. Probably 70% of the crowd is there for those two classes, too. So now, they are asking me, if I don't want to sit there from 5:30 until midnight, or later, to guesstimate when I should get there so I don't miss the 410 and SB Mod heats? It's easier for me just to go to Port Royal on Saturdays. Dumbest damn thing I ever heard of plus, you know damn well they are not going to forego intermission. They'd be smarter to start an entirely separate program with Mod-Lites, 4 Cylinders and whatever that other class is at 3:30, get them out of there, groom the track, then start at the traditional time with 305's, 410's, SB Mods and Stocks.

#8 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:20 PM

Ok. Maybe you guys are reading this somewhere else. So there going to run all the classes. Complete there features. Then run the mod/sprint program ? I can understand change. This is taking a real big step into the role of making a change. Without hot laps I don't see how there going to keep the track from à slimy mess to start out to dry, hard, slick by the time the mods and Sprints get on track. Starting at 5:30, in the heat of the day. This will be interesting.

#9 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:39 AM

Slimy isn't the word for mercer before they hot lap

#10 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:31 AM

It is dusty as hell and very sandy dirt that eats powder coating!

#11 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:44 AM

They need to do something.  I hope this works for them. 

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

#12 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:24 PM

If they are going to run seven classes, then this is a good idea!!  What they need to do is run all the "small car" stuff first and have a planned time for the other four classes to start their program, say 8:00 or 8:30.

GOOD RACING TO ALL!!

Walt

#13 dak55

dak55

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:55 PM

7 divisions is too many period. Walt, I am sorry, but starting a 4 division show at 8 or 8:30 means you're lucky to be out of there by midnight.

www.dirttalkin.com

#14 Skull

Skull

• Members
  • 4,715 posts
  • Interests:I'm interesting

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:41 PM

7 divisions is too many period. Walt, I am sorry, but starting a 4 division show at 8 or 8:30 means you're lucky to be out of there by midnight.

Couldn't agree more. IMHO, they are taking advantage of the fact that they are the only 358 track in the area, and one of only two weekly 410 tracks in the area. I can see where maybe some of the 358 guys might just choose to go to Sharon. It's anyone's guess how many, if any, 410's they might lose. From my personal point of view, it's not worth the hour plus drive to get held hostage there until midnight or later.

#15 Toolbox3

Toolbox3

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:43 PM

dak55 must not know how to read Walts post! Race all small cars first Then race bigger cars at 8 or so. Do this help you understand? That's a great idea!!!!!!!!

#16 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:31 PM

Lernerville starts a four class show at 7:30 and is usually over by 11:00/11:30.   Not hard to do if you keep the show moving!!  If you do not want to see the "small cars" run, then arrive at the track around 7:30!!

GOOD RACING!!!

Walt

#17 sundance

sundance

• Members
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:53 PM

I thought someone had the wrong information when I saw this. It seems crazy to me. They want to get people out earlier, but continue to add classes. Then, run the classes the majority want to see last. I just don't understand what they are thinking. I haven't attend there much for a couple years. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

#18 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:55 PM

IFreehappyvideos this works. Which for Mercer's sake I hope it does. This benefits both groups. The small car group gets to get out early and the Sprints and mods can arrive late and be gone in 3 hrs max I wonder how they will be setting the pits up ? That in itself, getting out /in the pit gate to a parking space may be interesting also.

#19 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:57 PM

Freehappyvideos. HUH. We're the hell did that come from ? I never typed it. Go figure.

#20 MeXican_BOB

MeXican_BOB

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:53 PM

Lernerville starts a four class show at 7:30 and is usually over by 11:00/11:30.   Not hard to do if you keep the show moving!!  If you do not want to see the "small cars" run, then arrive at the track around 7:30!!

GOOD RACING!!!

Walt

Lernerville is a top notch facility and run VERY well! This is the only track I have gone to, besides one in ohio, that keep the show moving! No bs 30 mins intermission,ect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users