• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 greaseball

greaseball

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:Buildin Karts and<br /> watching grass grow

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:09 PM

What in the world happened at the end of the semi late feature. Never in my life did ever see such a bad call from a flagman.

When the leader slides into a car that he is lapping and spins out that is his fault he should go to the rear of the field, not get his spot back.

#2 BRC27

BRC27

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:58 AM

The leader that got his spot back agreed 100% with you.  He knew people would call him a track favorite or something.  They come over the radio and gave him his spot.  I'm sure they looked at it as New driver that may not have maintained her line and caused the leader, that had almost 1/2 track lead on 2nd, to spin.  Shitty call by the book, but good moral call.

#3 kip77

kip77

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • Interests:sports-racing-Hanging out with my daughters Kaelynn and Lana

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:33 AM

I wasn't there so I'm only going on 2nd hand info. But that info is saying he spun in his own. If any driver spins and brings out a caution; they should go to the back. End of story. It shouldn't matter if they were 5 laps down, racing mid pack, or 1/2 a track ahead. Period!

Motor racing, mountain climbing and bull fighting are the only true sports... All the rest are children's games played by adults." Ernest Hemingway

Find me on Facebook: Kip Charles - Clearfield, PA
or Twitter @kip1977

#4 Toolbox3

Toolbox3

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:02 AM

You stop and caution flies for you its your caution tail the field it's tough luck pick a better line or wait bad call

#5 deathpunch

deathpunch

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 11:46 AM

Tough call I watched the video a few times. I'm glad I wasn't the person who had to decide

#6 Space Racer

Space Racer

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • Interests:enjoying racing, and sticking up for the poor weekly racer

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:39 PM

For the most part, the tracks in PA are very professionally run and send all cars that stop to the rear.  Then there is this weird pocket of tracks in Clearfield and Indiana County that use back woods judgment calls, and cause situations like this.

#7 hammer time

hammer time

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 01:11 PM

All cars that stop go to the back isn't always a good rule. If someone spins out in front of you and you stop to avoid why should you get punished? Imo it is the car that causes the caution that should go to the back. I am not referring to the incident above because I did not see it. Just stating an opinion that just because every car that stops doesn't go to the back doesn't make it back woods calls different tracks different rules.

#8 Space Racer

Space Racer

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • Interests:enjoying racing, and sticking up for the poor weekly racer

Posted 07 June 2016 - 01:35 PM

Anytime officials get to choose which cars to send to the rear by their opinion, it creates situations like this.   The most professional series do not use one-car judgement calls.

#9 Racer2724m

Racer2724m

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 09:40 AM

Did anyone actually watch the video footage? The car about to be lapped came off of turn 4 wide into the middle of the track allowing the leader enough room to go to the inside. The lapped car was running the inside in turn 1 so they turned left a little bit not knowing the leader was there. The whole thing was neither ones fault it was just racing which means neither one of them should be penalized.

#10 thebigdueceduece

thebigdueceduece

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:52 AM

When you wreck on the track it's someone's fault... You can't just say no one meant to do that so everyone gets their spot back. F*** every driver could say that when they spin out... It wasn't my fault... In all reality it doesn't matter. You were the yellow flag bottom line

#11 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:11 AM

All cars that stop go to the back isn't always a good rule. If someone spins out in front of you and you stop to avoid why should you get punished? Imo it is the car that causes the caution that should go to the back. I am not referring to the incident above because I did not see it. Just stating an opinion that just because every car that stops doesn't go to the back doesn't make it back woods calls different tracks different rules.

I stopped going to PPMS just because they took the hard line on that, and drivers were powering through other cars to avoid stopping.  2 car simple spins became tow offs and someone was going to get real hurt.  Sometimes common sense has to trump the rules.  If someone stops to avoid hitting a spun car, give em their spot and don't count it against their caution totals.  If the leader brings out the caution, "sorry about your luck, but that's racing," except that I do agree with Lernerville giving Schwartzlander his spot back the night they caught boland using 2-ways.  boland blatantly nailed him coming off of 4.  

It looks like I'll have to make the nostalgia trip out there this year.  

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

#12 jake shady

jake shady

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:16 PM

those calls arn't as easy as they look.    im sure the track did what they thought was right.

#13 CHEVY1A

CHEVY1A

Race Fan

• Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 01:14 PM

I cant believe anyone cares about this let alone remembers it a week later lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users