• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 thats-u-seat

thats-u-seat

Cool Newbie

• Member Group
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:54 PM

Why wasn't 56 Russ King disqualified from the win?  He had a spotter at the start of turn one that was signaling him with two bright red lit up batons.  A couple of people tried to stop him but he continued until an infield worker got his attention during a yellow towards the end of the race.  Will installing two way radios be next?

#2 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 6,314 posts
  • Interests:auto racing of course

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:04 PM

I don't think Russ King needs a spotter to win.  And what could the guy with the batons possibly be telling him?  Pegher was right on his ass the whole time. 

• e83 likes this

#3 Paul55

Paul55

The MAN!!!

• Members
  • 3,864 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:17 PM

Why wasn't 56 Russ King disqualified from the win?  He had a spotter at the start of turn one that was signaling him with two bright red lit up batons.  A couple of people tried to stop him but he continued until an infield worker got his attention during a yellow towards the end of the race.  Will installing two way radios be next?

how about u sucking a di#k.maybe u should go ask Russ!

Edited by Paul55, 08 July 2016 - 10:18 PM.

(TEAM 14g/CAMPING-Paul Duratz)

#4 Hot Dog

Hot Dog

• Members
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:33 PM

Every team does it, even if you don't see it. Maybe instead of worrying about who has a spotter, drink another beer and enjoy yourself. Or go help whoever it is you are upset he beat get faster. But I'll bet it's more likely you sit there and drink beer and know more than everyone else.

#5 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:50 PM

You don't know much about late model racing, do you?

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#6 BUTTBEAK

BUTTBEAK

RAPIDIUSRIDICULOSIS's

• Members
  • 1,554 posts
  • Interests:Painting Landscapes

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:57 PM

He was signaling you that the short bus was ready for you to board!

#7 Hans Solo

Hans Solo

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 12:10 AM

King racing always has spotters. Late model and Big Blocks.  I've never seen the lit batons before...most times just florecent gloves.  Does anyone know the rule??  Have seen other race teams give signals from the stands and during cautions.

#8 racer67x

racer67x

• Members
  • 2,446 posts
  • Interests:duh?

Posted 09 July 2016 - 12:43 AM

He was signaling you that the short bus was ready for you to board!

lol..

#9 232forever

232forever

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 06:19 AM

yr probably one of the asshats that sit in front of me flipping the kings off in turn one as they go by,a wise lady(sis king ) once told me when I was a boardmember for the brp,instead of bitching about us ,"go get more" and step it up

#10 Vigoda Motorsports

Vigoda Motorsports

Race Fan

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • Interests:Young movie starlets, acting in big budget Hollywood films, and Western Pennsylvania dirt track racing

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:52 AM

Regardless of whether this guy is biased against the Kings, I hate the use of a spotter/signal person myself. I definitely wouldn't go as far to call for him to be DQed, but signalling with bright red batons for a regular dirt show is a little much for me.

Who wants an autograph?

#11 Don88

Don88

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • Interests:Racing and Riding Motorcycles.

Posted 09 July 2016 - 09:17 AM

Just wondering, in victory lane Russ stated that his spotter was getting 'hasseled' in turn 1 and that

he told him to 'knock him out'!! Without 2 way radio communications, how did he know, and how

did he tell the spotter anything???? don't have anything against the Kings, he would have won

without any spotter, but remember Kevin Bolin?????

Just wondering...........

Edited by Don88, 09 July 2016 - 09:17 AM.

#12 fastforward1

fastforward1

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 09:27 AM

End Lynch Jr. Had his Dad signaling him from the stands most of his career. His son Sye began helping signal at about age 10 and eventually took over. I saw it so much that I figured out all their signs. His Dad always wore a white hat. He'd take his hat off and raise it high if Ed was to go high or hold it low at his waist for End to go low for one example. They stood in the same spot in the turn 4 bleachers every time and Ed would nod during cautions letting them know he saw them and understood. I watched this for at least 10 years and frankly, Ed didn't need the help. Never saw people bitching about it on this board. Surely others saw it too.

" Looks like ONE MORE, for the good guys "..........Scott Hall

#13 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 10:47 AM

1. It's not illegal

2. If it were, how would you enforce it?  

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

#14 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:28 AM

I guess you guys bitching cant afford to go to the firecracker or any lucas race where EVERY team member has signals to tell their driver. Here is an idea, go buy a ticket to the working man and watch how many crew guys are standing along the fence in turn 1 and 4. Nuff said!

#15 Hot Dog

Hot Dog

• Members
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:30 AM

Just wondering, in victory lane Russ stated that his spotter was getting 'hasseled' in turn 1 and that
he told him to 'knock him out'!! Without 2 way radio communications, how did he know, and how
did he tell the spotter anything???? don't have anything against the Kings, he would have won
without any spotter, but remember Kevin Bolin?????
Just wondering...........

The spotter was in vl with him? Duh

#16 fastforward1

fastforward1

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:40 AM

My above post was not complaining about signaling by the way, just pointing out that it's common and has been for a long time. No sense in anybody bitching. The topic starter in this is probably mad because their favorite didn't win.

" Looks like ONE MORE, for the good guys "..........Scott Hall

#17 bezerker

bezerker

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 01:43 PM

My worry wouldn't be about his spotter but how I could get an XR1 and Rousch motor. Who needs a spotter when your in the lead! Lol!

#18 sicario

sicario

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 02:38 PM

Wth, it's not a "late model" thing. They do it at Sharon too. Jr has his goof in the bright yellow shirt and goggles on the backstretch. And what position would need a spotter more than 1st??? Even if crew members didn't spot, fans would do it. Sure the drivers wouldn't know wtf was going on but people would still do it. This board never ceases to amaze me... such hospitality and class

#19 MeXican_BOB

MeXican_BOB

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 14 August 2016 - 11:53 AM

Where is all the haters at this week? I am the only one seeing Joe Martins guy giving him signals, then get into an altercation with a ton of fans when they started to throw stuff at him? Which lead to the owners coming and talking to everyone before a fight broke out? Funny not a word from anyone, but when Russ Kings crew does it all hell breaks loose. :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Attached Files

#20 Hot Dog

Hot Dog

• Members
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:23 PM

Who are these dorks that think they are some kind of hero by bothering the spotters? I'm sure if whoever they think they're helping knew what they were doing, they'd be embarrassed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users