• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 LM RACING

LM RACING

Race Fan

• Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:11 PM

I'm just saying that this board is boring without our previous friends who have been banned. Bring back turkey sub and huck Tyson so we can be entertained again. I use to look forward to coming here. Now it is useless.

Matt D

#2 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:24 PM

I agree

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#3 manny

manny

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:58 PM

why do you want that stupid jerry springer shit? to much complaining. to much dirt dick wanting to know what to do with a racecar. i am about done also.

#4 racecarbilly

racecarbilly

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 04:11 AM

oh Hell no.

#5 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 06:50 AM

I agree also. I used to come on this board 4 to 5 times a day and have fun reading topics. Now I look at it in the morning and that is it if that. All there is is press releases by the UFO series and other tracks. Unban these people at least it was something worthwhile to have a good laugh at during the off-season. The advertisers must really be getting their money's worth when nobody is even coming to this board anymore. 4M dotnet

#6 Black Thunder

Black Thunder

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Deck Building and Turkey Subs

Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:56 AM

Last time I checked this was a "RACING" message board.

If you want to read or hear some idiots talking trash then just watch the news. 

This is what's wrong with America, everyone enjoys the chaos and B.S. and the media just keeps feeding it to them.

Otherwise people get "bored" when they come to a site and only get to read information that pertains to the actual site. 

#7 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 6,360 posts
  • Interests:auto racing of course

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:21 AM

I have been on this board since 2002.  Back then, all the talk was about racing and what went on at the local and regional tracks every weekend.  There was spirited discussion, disagreement, and so forth, but no trash talk insulting of any posters  you might disagree with.   Most of those folks from back then quit coming here when all the trashy stuff started becoming the norm.   I couldn't agree more with Black Thunder.  If the Legend entertained you guys, go to his twitter page, but keep that crap off Racestuds.

#8 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:48 AM

Right on 49!!!!

GOOD RACING TO ALL!!!

Walt

#9 Toolbox3

Toolbox3

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:55 AM

I myself don't like all of the language or slang certain people used either! AND I don't miss them!

#10 BUTTBEAK

BUTTBEAK

RAPIDIUSRIDICULOSIS's

• Members
  • 1,554 posts
  • Interests:Painting Landscapes

Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:00 PM

Oh Hell NO! x2 :blink:

#11 old man d

old man d

Race Fan

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 02:23 PM

Black Thunder & flash i totally agree with you. Keeping it Racing.

#12 lrnvlFan1w

lrnvlFan1w

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,541 posts
  • Interests:Racing, hockey, mini trucks

Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:22 PM

I do agree the board is rather dry.  Part of the allure of Racestud was the openness to talk about whatever you wanted to.  Granted some took it way too far but it was still entertaining.  There is a difference between TurkeySub and Hucktyson banter and the ones that went way over board wanting to fight people or threaten lives.

I also think a bunch of the nameless posts where people either bashed or brought up legitimate points on racing started to become less and less nameless. Those post often led to healthy conversations which many of us enjoyed participating in or at least reading.

#13 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 02:29 PM

In keeping with the theme of this topic I have a racing question and answer or maybe a racing secret never thought about by anyone else ever to give out.  :)

What part of the track does moving the left rear tire in and out tune your setup too?

I understand it will change things in general all around the track to a generally thought of direction.  But there are other things which can be done to shift setup to or from the same general direction.  Being there are other things you can do to shift setup over all the same way, i'm suggesting there is one unique place on the track where moving the left rear in or out, is or should be considered the primary use for it as an adjustment.

I'm suggesting moving the left rear in or out to fine tune for one particular place on the track.  I'm also suggesting if you use the adjustment for one thing which your driver can report back to you on its need, changing it to suit your driver will also at the same time change it to suit track conditions.

Yeah this is the sort of thing which screws this board up.  

#14 lrnvlFan1w

lrnvlFan1w

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,541 posts
  • Interests:Racing, hockey, mini trucks

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:51 PM

dirtstudent2 although off the wall sometimes I like most of your posts it makes people think and is racing related.

I remember talking to another member of this board who stated at the time that your posts about setups is what they enjoyed the most.

#15 714d

714d

Race Fan

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 07:20 PM

What part of the track does moving the left rear tire in and out tune your setup too

Always used this adjustment (LR spaced out) along with some other minor changes to keep up with the track as it dried out through the night. Promotes side bite and helps keep the car tighter getting back on the throttle through corner exit without hurting entry. This is on a stock car, but similar results can be had in any car I'm sure. A late model can use j-bar adjustments to achieve similar results.

#16 scruffy1a

scruffy1a

Racestud Sophistocate

• Members
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:28 PM

"This board is not as fun as it used to be." - normal people

"I like the board better now that it has less bad words and no fun." - fuddy duddies

For a clue on the state of Racestubs, just look at the advertisement at the top!  (If you have no clue what I'm talking about, and didn't catch the reference, you can thank the fuddy duddies.)  

If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just suck.

#17 scruffy1a

scruffy1a

Racestud Sophistocate

• Members
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:34 PM

In keeping with the theme of this topic I have a racing question and answer or maybe a racing secret never thought about by anyone else ever to give out.   :)

What part of the track does moving the left rear tire in and out tune your setup too?

I understand it will change things in general all around the track to a generally thought of direction.  But there are other things which can be done to shift setup to or from the same general direction.  Being there are other things you can do to shift setup over all the same way, i'm suggesting there is one unique place on the track where moving the left rear in or out, is or should be considered the primary use for it as an adjustment.

I'm suggesting moving the left rear in or out to fine tune for one particular place on the track.  I'm also suggesting if you use the adjustment for one thing which your driver can report back to you on its need, changing it to suit your driver will also at the same time change it to suit track conditions.

Yeah this is the sort of thing which screws this board up.  

No, the board has learned to ignore this "sort of thing."  What people are referring to is a time when instead of ignoring this "sort of thing," someone would tell you to eat camel sh1t, before indicating an unexpected, likely uncomfortable, location where you might move your left rear.  

If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just suck.

#18 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:38 PM

No, the board has learned to ignore this "sort of thing."  What people are referring to is a time when instead of ignoring this "sort of thing," someone would tell you to eat camel sh1t, before indicating an unexpected, likely uncomfortable, location where you might move your left rear.  

That's the nicest thing I've read on the web in a coon's age.  And since when is "shit" censored on here?  People have been censored on here but "shit" never.   Grow up and quit being paranoid about what you write.  :)

#19 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:44 PM

Hey and your "Racestud Sophistocate" or "If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just suck." ain't funny either.  

My sense of humor though is so dry, every word I write is a joke.  :)

#20 racer67x

racer67x

• Members
  • 2,446 posts
  • Interests:duh?

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:53 PM

"This board is not as fun as it used to be." - normal people

"I like the board better now that it has less bad words and no fun." - fuddy duddies

For a clue on the state of Racestubs, just look at the advertisement at the top!  (If you have no clue what I'm talking about, and didn't catch the reference, you can thank the fuddy duddies.)  

needs more cowbell.. morecowbell.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users