Photo

HOMAK POPS LITTLE GUY NATIONALS RACE PROVES TO BE THRILLER-BUCKLEY WINS $500 PLUS $500 PENN OHIO BONUS!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 PennOhio ProStocks

PennOhio ProStocks

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:18 AM

LITTLE GUY NATIONALS FRIDAY NIGHT HOMAK PENN OHIO PRO STOCK TOURING SERIES PROVES TO BE AN EDGE-OF-THE-SEAT EVENT FOR FANS—ANDY BUCKLEY PICKS UP $500 WIN $500 PENN OHIO BONUS OVER 44 CAR FIELD!

For Immediate Release September 25, 2016 (Sandy Lake, PA) Mercer Raceway Park hosted the Homak Penn Ohio Pro Stock Championship Touring Series on Friday, September 23rd for the prestigious Little Guy Nationals event. The $500 to-win and $500 touring series bonus found 44 stock car drivers ready for action. Andy Buckley, former Mercer Raceway Park track champion and current Homak Penn Ohio Pro Stock Championship Touring Series’ member, was able to hold off Randy Wyant and Rusty Moore capturing the lead on lap 11 from Chris Schneider, bringing home the $500 victory with the $500 Homak Penn Ohio bonus sponsored by M & T Allison Construction & Jacob’s Towing.

Randy Wyant and Mike Clark led the 26-car field to start the Homak Penn Ohio Pro Stock Series’ 25 lap feature. Wyant quickly jumped into the lead with third-starter, Chris Schneider, finding the second spot, while Andy Buckley and Mike Clark were hanging tough in third and fourth. A pile up started when fifth-starter, Bob McCann, dropped a drive shaft on the front stretch, collecting Tim Bish, Terry Wheeler, and Rod Laskey. The collision had racing action halted for a while as each car was towed off the track.

When racing got underway, Wyant wasn’t strong enough to hold off the dominator, Schneider, as he passed Wyant on lap three and started to pull away from the field. Lap four found the caution flag flying for Mike Miller’s car #81 slowed on the front stretch. The restart had Schneider again out in front while Buckley took the second spot from Wyant, with Clark, Bill Hurrelbrink and Brent Johnson battling for the fourth through sixth positions. Schneider had a large lead when his steering broke sending him into the wall in turn 1 and 2, continuing to the back stretch Schneider spun bringing out the yellow.

Buckley inherited the lead over Wyant. The first restart for Buckley and Wyant side by side had the two battling through turn one and two, but the yellow quickly waved as Paul Davis, Gary Luzier, Jacob Billyk, and Russ Byler tangled on the start in turn 4. The second restart had Buckley pulling ahead of Wyant but the two were nose to tail and door to door for the remainder of the race. Wyant tried high and low to get around Buckley, but the former track champion ran smooth and consistent, keeping Wyant in the second spot. Wyant made one final attempt to get past Buckley in turn four on the final lap, but ended up spinning the car, allowing Buckley to cruise to the victory in his #965 Marlo’s Campground and Temple Portable Crushing sponsored car.

Third place runner, Rusty Moore, was able to sneak around Wyant to finish in the second spot. The battle between Bill Hurrelbrink and Brent Johnson was neck and neck from lap five to lap 25. Johnson crossed the line ahead of Hurrelbrink finishing third and fourth, respectively. Rusty Martz rounded out the top five. Sixth went to Brian Rhed, followed by hard-charger Bob Schwartzmiller, Mike Clark, Jason Fosnaught, and Andy Thompson. Heat winners for the 44 car-field were Schneider, Clark, McCann, and Johnson. The B Main victories belonged to Curtis J. Bish and Wheeler.

Contingency prize winners for the September 23rd Touring Series Event included: Andy Buckley winning the Hoosier tire donated by Hoosier tire Mid Atlantic presented by Precise Racing Products; Brent Johnson winning the American Racer tire donated by American Racer presented by Lias Tire; Bill Hurrelbrink winning the Big Daddy’s Speed Center $25 gift certificate; Bob Schwartzmiller winning the $50 Hard Charger Award donated by Dirt Diggin’ Chassis; Terry Wheeler winning the $25 hard luck award donated by Shaffer’s Auto Service; Rusty Martz winning the $100 Close Racing Supply gift certificate; Jacob Billyk winning the $100 Phantom Graphics Gift Certificate; Joey Zambotti winning the SS Chassis Aero Bead lock wheel; Brian Rhed winning the Precise Racing Products fuel jug; Randy Wyant winning the Homak hand carry tool box; Rusty Moore winning the Homak hand carry tool box; Nick Kocuba winning the $25 gift certificate donated by Wedge Motorsports; Tim Bish winning the $25 gift certificate donated by Precise Racing Products; Bobby Heim winning a $25 gift certificate donated by Big Daddy’s Speed Center.

Homak Penn Ohio Pro Stock Championship Mercer Raceway Park Results September 23, 2016 (25 laps, $500 to-win, $500 bonus): 1. *ANDY BUCKLEY (965) 2. *Rusty Moore (17M) 3. *Brent Johnson (92X) 4. *Bill Hurrelbrink (c8) 5. *Rusty Martz (16M) 6. *Brian Rhed (69R) 7. *Bob Schwartzmiller (28S) 8. Mike Clark (7) 9. Jason Fosnaught (25) 10. Andy Thompson (5) 11. *Bobby Whitling (7W) 12. *Rob Shook (64) 13. *Curtis J. Bish (29) 14. Gary Luzier (960) 15. Pat Fielding (23) 16. *Randy Wyant (11T) 17. Russ Byler (06R) 18. Curt Bish (00) 19. *Chris Schneider (55) 20. Paul Davis (3) 21. *Jacob Billyk (4) 22. Mike Miller (25) 23. Bob McCann (USA1) 24. *Tim Bish (1B) 25. *Terry Wheeler (717) 26. *Rod Laskey (1R) DNS - *Jackson Humanic (17K); *Joey Zambotti (948); *Joe Stajnrijh (04); *Ryan Newman (12); *Bobby Heim (92); Bill Phillips Jr. (23JR); *Nick Kocuba (10); *Jesse Brock (22B); *Todd Weldon (45) Butch Lambert (27) Steve Allison (1) Tony Spaghetti (97) Raymond Reynolds (23R) Hunter Exley (23HJR) Bob Sloss(44S) Jake Simmons (68X) Drew Koteles (64K) William Best (14B)

*Homak Penn Ohio Pro Stock Championship Touring Series’ Member

The Homak Penn Ohio Pro Stock Championship Touring Series will be back in action at McKean County Raceway on Saturday, October 1st. The event is a $1,000 to-win show and will be the final point race for the Touring Series in 2016.

For more information regarding the Homak Penn Ohio Pro Stock Championship Series, contact Series Director, Shaun Hooks, at 724-730-1623, visit the website at www.pennohioprostock.com, or email info@pennohioprostocks.com. Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/pennohioprostocks.

Edited by PennOhio ProStocks, 27 September 2016 - 08:59 AM.

#2 racer67x

racer67x

• Members
  • 2,446 posts
  • Interests:duh?

Posted 26 September 2016 - 01:42 PM

so I guess the other 8 or 9 guys who were there friday and paid your entry fee don't matter? not even worth listing them in your press release.. this all started off as a cool thing to get everyone together but then unannounced fees(PPMS),less money for "Non members"....and now you don't even bother to list all the people who helped put this race on,the luster is starting to wear off.

#3 oldtime racer

oldtime racer

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 04:23 PM

He listed the finish for Sat nights Feature race.  He didn't list the finish for the B-main.  You qualified on Friday through the heat races

#4 no alky added

no alky added

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 05:15 PM

so I guess the other 8 or 9 guys who were there friday and paid your entry fee don't matter? not even worth listing them in your press release.. this all started off as a cool thing to get everyone together but then unannounced fees(PPMS),less money for "Non members"....and now you don't even bother to list all the people who helped put this race on,the luster is starting to wear off.

Dan they are charging us at the Pittsburger also.  but they can,t take any winnings from us. who ever wins gets it all.   

#5 racer67x

racer67x

• Members
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:23 PM

He listed the finish for Sat nights Feature race.  He didn't list the finish for the B-main.  You qualified on Friday through the heat races

it was 2 separate shows,Friday was Penn Ohio..Saturday was Little Guys,the Press release covers Friday night which had 44 cars..only 35 are listed above,these guys might not be the best but paid the same and tore their crap up racing that cornfield same as everyone else.

#6 Racer17L

Racer17L

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:22 AM

Per Shaun Hooks there are no entry fees for the Penn Ohio/ Willie Race Pittsburgher weekend.

#7 blue by you

blue by you

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 08:39 AM

Per Shaun Hooks there are no entry fees for the Penn Ohio/ Willie Race Pittsburgher weekend.

because it's a nonpoints race. Mckean county this sat is the last series points race of the season.

#8 PennOhio ProStocks

PennOhio ProStocks

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:00 AM

I updated the results above.  Thank you for letting me know that I didn't list everyone.  It was an oversight on my part.  Each of you are a part of racing and are certainly important.  I hope that my oversight does not deter you from being a part of a great Series.  Again my apologies for not including all of the drivers before.  

#9 Racer17L

Racer17L

• Members
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:01 AM

The original Willie date 9/10 was non points AND they were going to charge a $25 fee. Because it's the Pittsburgher weekend with increases pit fees Matt and Shaun agreed to waive the entry fee so it didn't put the racers out even more money.

#10 racer67x

racer67x

• Members
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 01:38 PM

I updated the results above.  Thank you for letting me know that I didn't list everyone.  It was an oversight on my part.  Each of you are a part of racing and are certainly important.  I hope that my oversight does not deter you from being a part of a great Series.  Again my apologies for not including all of the drivers before.  

thanks..

#11 Paul55

Paul55

The MAN!!!

• Members
  • 3,864 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 27 September 2016 - 05:30 PM

Dan they are charging us at the Pittsburger also.  but they can,t take any winnings from us. who ever wins gets it all.   

From what I just read from Vince and Shawn they are not charging you.

(TEAM 14g/CAMPING-Paul Duratz)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users