• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 09:59 AM

A J was there!!!  Finished about third in his heat after a bad pill draw.  However, they must have accidentally left his name off the results that were sent out!!

GOOD RACING!!!

Walt

Thanks Walt.  I thought I might have been losing my mind.  

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

#22 Hans Solo

Hans Solo

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 11:10 AM

What's the deal with reserved camping only? And quad registration? Costed me an extra $100 yesterday for two quads and a camper. I can see this event being ruined in the next few years. It's not the firecracker.

Was told at the Pittsburgher no more coolers with soda,  one bottle of water only,  just like PNC Park.  It was either to free up bleacher space for the massive crowd or a move to force me to bye my soda from the food court.  Hey folks,  it's this or higher tix prices.....take your pick.  

#23 rob0170

rob0170

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 02:25 PM

anybody have any pictures 

#24 RocketChassis#1

RocketChassis#1

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 05:54 PM

I recall a few years ago when Lernerville jacked up all their prices on concessions for the Firecracker. Just covered up the posted prices with cardboard and the "new" prices. So this is nothing new.

#25 bezerker

bezerker

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:12 AM

Come on people you have to admit the show was good. There was alot of great racing and it was all done in a timely
manner. The prices were a little steep but it was worth it. You saw alot of good quality racing for two days!
Yes no big names (with the exception of Yaggy) but our locals are pretty damn good! Hats off Lernerville it was a
a good time!

#26 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:19 AM

Racing was awesome. Track was in great shape than what it usually is for the stampede. Smooth run show like normal. great weekend.

#27 Tyler Beichner

Tyler Beichner

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 12:00 PM

Steel City Stampede stats: The official total tally of cars was 222 (plus 76 enduro [298]). The final caution count came to a halt at 62, with 75 different cars being included in at least one yellow. 43 races were ran between Friday and Saturday. 9 belt buckles were given out, and 1 more season at Lernerville was put to bed.

#28 lrnvlFan1w

lrnvlFan1w

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,541 posts
  • Interests:Racing, hockey, mini trucks

Posted 16 October 2016 - 12:30 PM

I was impressed with how well the track held up with that many cars on it 2 consecutive days.  Good Racing.

#29 D1RT

D1RT

• Members
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 03:12 PM

you must be one of those people that bitch why car counts are down. well this is one reason why it is charging people extra for a atv to get back and forth from their hauler to the rv. whats next charging $10 a car to park??

Sorry to tell you some of the best racing I've seen had less than full fields of cars.
I could give a rat's azz if there are 100 or 15 cars in each division as long as the racing is good.
Next......

#30 Hans Solo

Hans Solo

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 06:03 PM

one of the best enduros i've ever seen on top of great racing  for two days.  compare this at $40  to the pittsburger at $50 and I think it's a bargain.  And I thought 50 for the ptsbr was an entertainment deal!!!   100 lap SLM,  Rush Crate feature,  Penn Ohio stocks.   Lernville,  8 classes plus enduro.  lot of racing  for $40 

#31 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:04 AM

My only complaint is the number of red flags.  Way too many bad wrecks.  I'm not blaming the track for it, btw, just saying that I am not into carnage.  

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

#32 cumminsman08

cumminsman08

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:32 AM

I agree alot of good cars torn up, a few of the races could've turned out to be a even better show if some of them could've stayed in the race.. crates had a ton of cautions..

#33 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:44 AM

The RUSH Crate LM led all features in yellows, 10 by my count

#34 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:47 PM

It is the last race for many of these Racers this time of year at the Stampede. They all go hard to try to win knowing that they are replacing bodies Parts ECT over winter so no use in holding back that is why there is so many wrecks in my opinion. Everybody wants to win.

#35 blue by you

blue by you

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 03:06 PM

It is the last race for many of these Racers this time of year at the Stampede. They all go hard to try to win knowing that they are replacing bodies Parts ECT over winter so no use in holding back that is why there is so many wrecks in my opinion. Everybody wants to win.

I agree

#36 Tyler Beichner

Tyler Beichner

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:51 PM

Caution total for Friday/Saturday was 62. Here's how they broke down by division

Sprints - 2

SLM - 6

Big Blocks - 5

Rush LM - 20

Emods - 10

Stocks - 7

Rush Mod - 10

4 Cyl - 2

Keep in mind, Rush Late Models ran more races than any other class, and the stock cautions included an 11-car and 7-car pileup.

#37 sprntr2011

sprntr2011

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:39 PM

anybody have any pictures 

pictures yea I got pictures,,,,,let me noe if u wants more,,,,,,

elk_mating3.jpg

elk_mating9.jpg

#38 LM RACING

LM RACING

Race Fan

• Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:03 AM

pictures yea I got pictures,,,,,let me noe if u wants more,,,,,,
elk_mating3.jpg

elk_mating9.jpg

See this is what I'm talking about! I just started cracking up at this post when I saw it. It is not appropriate or even racing related but is funny as hell.

Matt D

#39 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:51 AM

Caution total for Friday/Saturday was 62. Here's how they broke down by division

Sprints - 2

SLM - 6

Big Blocks - 5

Rush LM - 20

Emods - 10

Stocks - 7

Rush Mod - 10

4 Cyl - 2

Keep in mind, Rush Late Models ran more races than any other class, and the stock cautions included an 11-car and 7-car pileup.

and if I remember correctly, not a single sprint got upside down all 3 days...but pretty much everything else did

#40 Tyler Beichner

Tyler Beichner

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:05 PM

and if I remember correctly, not a single sprint got upside down all 3 days...but pretty much everything else did

I believe one emod, one Rush LM, and one mini stock did. We also had a Rush Mod roll over softly on practice night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users