• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 RUSH Racing Series

RUSH Racing Series

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 01:30 PM

ROARING KNOB RETURNS TO SWEENEY RUSH LATE MODEL WEEKLY SERIES AS STRONG GROWTH AND MOMENTUM CONTINUES

By Mike Leone

February 3, 2017               FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

(Pulaski, PA)...After a one-year hiatus, Roaring Knob Motorsports Complex has elected to return as a Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC RUSH Dirt Late Model Weekly Series track for the upcoming 2017 season.  The 3/8-mile Markleysburg, Pa. scenic facility is located just minutes from West Virginia and Maryland in southwestern Pennsylvania and will give racers in this region the ability to compete for RUSH Championship programs.  With Roaring Knob now sanctioning its Late Model division with RUSH, Pro Stock member racers running the GM 604 or 602 crate engine will now have the ability to race at Roaring Knob and accumulate points.

"We're pleased that Rick Jones has made the decision to have Roaring Knob return to RUSH," stated Series Director Vicki Emig.  "It means a lot to hear that the drivers were certainly in favor of RUSH.  There are numerous Crate Late Model racers in that area that once again will have an opportunity to participate in our championship programs; the addition of Roaring Knob continues to put more and more racers on the same rules package, which in the end is beneficial to all concerned." 

RUSH Late Model member racers will be able to participate at Roaring Knob on a weekly basis and be eligible for all of the programs including the Sweeney Weekly Series Championship, the Pace Performance “Summer Chase”, along with the Bilstein Bandits and the “Futures Cup” for those eligible racers.  Member racers will battle for the "Track Pack Bonus" with $300 going to the driver that accumulates the most RUSH points at Roaring Knob, $200 for second, $150 for third, $100 for fourth, and $50 for fifth.  Contingency prizes will then be posted for those racers in sixth through eighth in the RUSH member points at Roaring Knob.  While membership is not mandatory to compete in any RUSH-sanctioned event, membership also include a $100,000 excess participant accident policy, which is over and above drivers’ health insurance and speedways’ participant accident policy.

Drivers will have a four-race burn-off to use 2016 legal Roaring Knob tires before required to be on the Hoosier CUSA 25 or 55.  There will be a two-race burn-off to use 2016 legal Roaring Knob fuel before required to be on the Sunoco 110 or RUSH 91 pump gas.  A list of tire, fuel, and authorized engine rebuilders is on the RUSH Late Model website at www.rushlatemodels.com along with the rules.

Roaring Knob Motorsports Complex is a 3/8-mile clay oval located near Markleysburg, Pa. just off of scenic Route 40 at 380 Fearer Road (look for the road sign) just seven miles east of Nemacolin Woodlands on the right, one mile west of Yough Lake on the left.  Check out the website at www.roaringknob.com or call 410-857-3821 (office) or 724-329-0306 on race day.

RUSH Late Model 2016 marketing partners include Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC, Pace Performance, Hoosier Tire, Bilstein Shocks, Sunoco Race Fuels, Bazell Race Fuels, Insinger Performance, MSD Performance, Maxima Racing Oil, Jones Racing Products, Alternative Power Sources, Precise Racing Products, ARbodies, TBM Brakes, K&N Filters, Lincoln Electric, FK Rod Ends, Velocita-USA, Classic Ink USA, Rocket Chassis, Bobby Lake Motorsports High Gear Speed Shop, CrateInsider.com, B.R.A.K.E.S., RockAuto.com, and Valley Fashions.

E-mail can be sent to the RUSH Racing Series at info@rushracingseries.com and snail mail to 4368 Route 422, Pulaski, PA 16143. Office phone is 724-964-9300 and fax is 724-964-0604. The RUSH Racing Series website is www.rushracingseries.com. Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/rushlatemodels and follow us on Twitter @RUSHLM.

###

#2 Wolfie29

Wolfie29

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:03 AM

This place use to have alot of nice purse super late shows.....I think Rick Jones bit off more than he could chew and it hurt the place....Just my opinion but it seems that way to me....

#3 racer67x

racer67x

• Members
  • 2,446 posts
  • Interests:duh?

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:07 AM

This place use to have alot of nice purse super late shows.....I think Rick Jones bit off more than he could chew and it hurt the place....Just my opinion but it seems that way to me....

he ran Cumberland into the ground and doing the same with The Knob.

Rick Jones..this man wants your money..lol

Edited by racer67x, 04 February 2017 - 02:08 AM.

#4 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,184 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:23 AM

to many tracks not enough cars to go around. I think if you take all the tracks from Clearfield west you will find a great abundance of speedways that have either added classes to suit there track or have adjusted rules to basically lock you in to running there speedway that it has just become to costly for teams to either switch over to there format or park there cars. Let's not forget they are going to run 4 and 6 cylinder enduro's and what they are calling mini wedges, you got me on that one !! Rules were supposed to be released soon. Maybe that idea got bagged ? In there release, as it states, you get to burn off all your tires that you may be able to run at other tracks then buy all new rubber to run here. Cost saver there HUH ? Then if you bought your fuel in drums, well, you get the picture. Promotors are there on worst uphill battle between themselves. You put them in a room together they probably could not agree on what door too use to leave. This is why today's racer picks and chose's the races he will be attending. Many guys in the Penn/Ohio series are not running weekly. Many SLM guys are now doing the same thing. It keeps there equipment fresh and it keeps them from spending $$$  to go from a Friday to Saturday track. The sprint car guys because the torsion bar design has been around since the beginning don't have to deal with all the rules that other classes do. There class is simple, here you have 900 HP, your not going to get it all to the ground but have fun trying. A wing and torsion bar have changed very little compared to others suspensions. Fuel used to be there go to advantage, probably still is, what the top teams pay for a drum is ridiculous.

#5 Wolfie29

Wolfie29

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:20 AM

he ran Cumberland into the ground and doing the same with The Knob.

Rick Jones..this man wants your money..lol

Yes ,I knew about Cumberland and Rick messing that place up but he also ran Potomac and Hesston into the ground also and he was parters with Ernie Davis at Hagerstown just the other year until he got the ax !....

#6 Wolfie29

Wolfie29

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:36 AM

to many tracks not enough cars to go around. I think if you take all the tracks from Clearfield west you will find a great abundance of speedways that have either added classes to suit there track or have adjusted rules to basically lock you in to running there speedway that it has just become to costly for teams to either switch over to there format or park there cars. Let's not forget they are going to run 4 and 6 cylinder enduro's and what they are calling mini wedges, you got me on that one !! Rules were supposed to be released soon. Maybe that idea got bagged ? In there release, as it states, you get to burn off all your tires that you may be able to run at other tracks then buy all new rubber to run here. Cost saver there HUH ? Then if you bought your fuel in drums, well, you get the picture. Promotors are there on worst uphill battle between themselves. You put them in a room together they probably could not agree on what door too use to leave. This is why today's racer picks and chose's the races he will be attending. Many guys in the Penn/Ohio series are not running weekly. Many SLM guys are now doing the same thing. It keeps there equipment fresh and it keeps them from spending $$$  to go from a Friday to Saturday track. The sprint car guys because the torsion bar design has been around since the beginning don't have to deal with all the rules that other classes do. There class is simple, here you have 900 HP, your not going to get it all to the ground but have fun trying. A wing and torsion bar have changed very little compared to others suspensions. Fuel used to be there go to advantage, probably still is, what the top teams pay for a drum is ridiculous.

I do agree with you jo73 on alot of your points.....But getting back to my original post about Jones having big money races for the super lates in the past I think he just simply ran out of money to do it now?.....But what I don't understand is how does he keep going when he either leased or owned 5 different tracks (believe he owns The Knob) after running them into the ground?....The guy must know how to B--- S--- people for sure !

#7 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:47 PM

Years ago Roaring knob use to have a great schedule. In the last few yrs especially last year, you could'nt even find an updated schedule with prices,times,ect or even a press release on the place. They got some drunk posting on 4m.net that cant even put together a sentence. Might be one of those 10yr old kids that drove the tow trucks and run in cars. I havent been there since the last lucas oil race and wont be back again, what a shame. 

#8 LM63

LM63

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:07 PM

While I've had plenty of opinions about Rick and some of his choices I will say he didn't run Potomac " into the ground ".  Denise managed the track back then as well and I think she has done a good job considering the location and how hard the place is to get to on a Friday night if your not local.

#9 Wolfie29

Wolfie29

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:20 PM

Years ago Roaring knob use to have a great schedule. In the last few yrs especially last year, you could'nt even find an updated schedule with prices,times,ect or even a press release on the place. They got some drunk posting on 4m.net that cant even put together a sentence. Might be one of those 10yr old kids that drove the tow trucks and run in cars. I havent been there since the last lucas oil race and wont be back again, what a shame. 

It's a real shame that Roaring Knob is being ripped right off the map.....Great location for a track ,cars and fans got good rds into the place from all directions...

#10 Wolfie29

Wolfie29

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 03:21 PM

While I've had plenty of opinions about Rick and some of his choices I will say he didn't run Potomac " into the ground ".  Denise managed the track back then as well and I think she has done a good job considering the location and how hard the place is to get to on a Friday night if your not local.

What happened way back than "LM63" to Potomac with Rick at the helm?

#11 LM63

LM63

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:18 PM

I'm confused by your question. I raced there very little back then because my hobby stock wasn't really legal there ( it was for VMS ) and then I went crate late racing and they didn't run them except one year of his reign....   I would say a lot of what hurt the track when he did promote it was lack of tech and letting anyone come run there with whatever rules they had at there track.  That crap never works and only pisses off  your regular drivers.  

Edited by LM63, 04 February 2017 - 04:20 PM.

#12 LM63

LM63

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:29 PM

As far as Roaring Knob goes I have enjoyed the times I've been there. Didn't go at all last year cause of the change in crate sanction and I let them know it. I think the problems there have been pretty well documented on here and FB over the last few years. Some of it is mentioned in posts before these.  Tracks that have a set of rules and stick to them and actually enforce them seem to do better than those that seem to be nothing more than disorganized free for all.  I hope for the sake of the track and the local drivers they get there act together this year. 

#13 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:37 PM

It's a real shame that Roaring Knob is being ripped right off the map.....Great location for a track ,cars and fans got good rds into the place from all directions...

I agree, great facility. Just those darn mountains SUCK climbing! I cant believe their arent 25 tranny shops  in the area :)

#14 Wolfie29

Wolfie29

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:57 PM

I agree, great facility. Just those darn mountains SUCK climbing! I cant believe their arent 25 tranny shops  in the area :)

I'm from Southwestern,PA so I actually love the mountains....That's funny about the "tranny shop" comment !!!...lol...

#15 Benny K

Benny K

• Members
  • 3,569 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:07 PM

The information black hole at Roaring Knob is a huge detriment. It is nearly impossible to find results. Most fans don't know if they race from week to week and therefore won't be making the trip to see an empty track.

#16 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:26 PM

100% correct!!!!!   I struggled all season long to get results for my records and Cavalcade Points.  No question the worst track in western PA PR wise!!

Walt

#17 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:14 PM

The information black hole at Roaring Knob is a huge detriment. It is nearly impossible to find results. Most fans don't know if they race from week to week and therefore won't be making the trip to see an empty track.

I do the late model power poll for TDN and I get the Knob results from Tim Senic's Facebook a good 50% of the time.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#18 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:22 PM

What a shame you have to reply on another racers facebook page for results.

#19 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:42 PM

What a shame you have to reply on another racers facebook page for results.

It really is a shame. The facility could be so ridiculously awesome but the current management has no clue what they're doing.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#20 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:32 AM

That can be said about a lot of tracks in the area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users