Photo

Fab Four Back In Action This Friday; Mother's Night and Meet The Drivers Night On Tap

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LernervillePRDirector

LernervillePRDirector

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:46 PM

dsc_0294.jpg?w=775

The action returns to Lernerville Speedway Friday night as Mother's Night and the first installation of Meet The Drivers Night this season give way to another exciting Fab Four Friday Night of racing Presented by Turner's Premium Iced Tea.

Grandstand admission for ladies will be free as we honor the women who made us who helped us become who we are, and also assorted drivers from the Peoples Natural Gas DIRTcar Sprints will be on hand to have a special meet and greet session with the fans prior to the races!   Sprint drivers are reminded that they can bring sharpies and hero cards and perhaps some candy for the kids in attendance. 

On the track, the feature events will actually start where we last left off as the Millerstown Pic-A-Part DIRTcar/RUSH Pro Stocks complete their make up feature from April 28.  Once the checkered flag falls, the Precise Racing DIRTcar Late Models will take the track for their 25 lap feature followed by the Diehl Automotive DIRTcar Modifieds and Sprints, with the Pro Stocks making their second feature appearance to close out the night. 

Pits will open at 4 PM with Grandstands opening  at 5 PM and the racing will begin at 7:30 PM

Current Point Standings (Top 5) - Feature Wins In Parentheses

Peoples Natural Gas DIRTcar Sprints

1. Dan Shetler- 64 (1)
  2. Jack Sodeman Jr. - 64
  3. AJ Flick- 62
  4. Gary Kreiss Jr.- 57
  5. George Hobaugh- 49

Precise Racing Products DIRTcar Late Models

1. Michael Norris- 39 (1)
  2. Alex Ferree- 36
  3. Russ King- 34
  4. Jon Mitchell- 34
  5. Michael Lake- 30

Diehl Automotive DIRTcar Big Block Modifieds

1. Mat Williamson- 78 (2)
  2. Brian Swartzlander- 73
  3. Rex King Jr.- 69
  4. Jeremiah Shingledecker- 65
  5. Rick Regalski- 52

Millerstown Pic-A-Part DIRTcar/RUSH Pro Stocks: 

1. Corey McPherson- 50 (2)
  2. Joey Zambotti- 40
  3. Tyler Dietz- 40
  4. Steve D'Apolito- 39
  5. Terry Young- 37

Edited by LernervillePRDirector, 09 May 2017 - 10:32 PM.

Addicted to Dirt, no therapy or rehab for me please, I'll just learn to live with it. http://thedirtnetwork.blogspot.com/ The DIRT Network

#2 bhhracing

bhhracing

Race Fan

• Members
  • 843 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:00 PM

Another rain out is in the work's looks like.

#3 Cool1

Cool1

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • Interests:Racin

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:43 PM

Chance

#4 bhhracing

bhhracing

Race Fan

• Members
  • 843 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:52 PM

Chance?

#5 burghfan

burghfan

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:21 PM

So it was cold but didn't rain Friday and they didn't run.  I looked at the Lernerville website and other than the race status being red it doesn't have any information about not racing.  Anybody know why they didn't run last night?

#6 bhhracing

bhhracing

Race Fan

• Members
  • 843 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:34 PM

They blamed it on the parking and Pitt's we're wet.

#7 jo73

jo73

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,284 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:15 AM

Many years the PR guy was on top of such things at lernerville.  I hope the new gentlemen in his place is just going thru some learning curves. If this is not the case, change is not always good for your bottom line and some need to understand that getting the word out in what ever fashion goes a mighty long way.

Wet parking lot and pits ???  Been going there since 1968 and that just mite be a first. I've gone on my a** in the pits and walking to my truck throughout the years.   Ryan Blaney's day will come.. Great run..

#8 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 3,883 posts
  • Interests:auto racing of course

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:49 AM

The parking lot was in bad shape in many areas the two nights they did run.  With all the rain the past week, I'm sure they made the right decision. The information as to why the races were cancelled WAS on their website.  It's where I read it.  

#9 bhhracing

bhhracing

Race Fan

• Members
  • 843 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:38 AM

Sign up for their rained out text alert. Been going there since 1984. There is plenty of parking to avoid the wet areas it is not like the whole place is sold out where you are forced to park in a swamp.

#10 FanJim24

FanJim24

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:45 AM

Change is not always good, but sometimes it is unavoidable. A void had to be filled, and it was, but it left another one to be filled.

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users