Drivers

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Vigoda Motorsports

Vigoda Motorsports

Race Fan

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • Interests:Young movie starlets, acting in big budget Hollywood films, and Western Pennsylvania dirt track racing

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:33 AM

Honestly. I'd take Richards and Bloomer over anyone in WoO with the exception of Sheppard. Although Mccreadie is in contention. From there, it's outlaws IMO. LO has the better top drivers but  WoO is more balanced. My top 5 would go
Bloomquist
Sheppard
Richards
Mccreadie
Clanton/Madden

I'd probably drop Sheppard behind Richards but this is pretty spot on. WoO depth is improving but I think the Lucas series is still superior. Take a look at the Lucas's 4-8 vs the WoO. D O'Neal, Pearson, Lanigan, Owens,D. Erb vs Clanton, Eckert, Moran, Wells and Shirley. Regardless of series, the future of the sport of national dirt late models is in great shape. Richards, Sheppard, Bobby Pierce, Overton, Culp, Hudson O'Neal, Satterlee, Devin Moran, Tyler Erb, etc, are all varying degrees of young. For as bad as the local scene is, it's a good time to be a fan of the touring scene.

Edited by Vigoda Motorsports, 13 June 2017 - 09:39 AM.

Who wants an autograph?

#22 Vigoda Motorsports

Vigoda Motorsports

Race Fan

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • Interests:Young movie starlets, acting in big budget Hollywood films, and Western Pennsylvania dirt track racing

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:37 AM

dbl post

Edited by Vigoda Motorsports, 13 June 2017 - 09:38 AM.

Who wants an autograph?

#23 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,184 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 13 June 2017 - 11:57 AM

Be nice to see Bobbie Pierce come thru the gate. Highly doubt it.

#24 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,184 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:05 PM

Yea, I for one was really surprised Richards was not in a car for the dream. I guess he enjoys weekends off just like everyone else also. I don't blame Best for not paying. If, as mentioned earlier, they take 3 cars to a crown jewel event you would think Mark would want him out there on track.

#25 fordfan

fordfan

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:05 PM

Would be great but he is running the Summernationals Hell Tour which is 29 races in 32 days so he definitely won't be there.

#26 sicario

sicario

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:36 PM

I'd probably drop Sheppard behind Richards but this is pretty spot on. WoO depth is improving but I think the Lucas series is still superior. Take a look at the Lucas's 4-8 vs the WoO. D O'Neal, Pearson, Lanigan, Owens,D. Erb vs Clanton, Eckert, Moran, Wells and Shirley. Regardless of series, the future of the sport of national dirt late models is in great shape. Richards, Sheppard, Bobby Pierce, Overton, Culp, Hudson O'Neal, Satterlee, Devin Moran, Tyler Erb, etc, are all varying degrees of young. For as bad as the local scene is, it's a good time to be a fan of the touring scene.

I really debated that. Richards is my favorite driver so it was hard to put Sheppard ahead of him as I think he is a better driver than Sheppard, but I think BShep is in the better equipment and situation so that's why I gave him the nod. If you look at his stats this season, it's hard to say Richards would be doing much better than him if he was still in the Rocket house car. LO def has the nod on drawing power, but I think a lot of the middle pack in the LO standing have struggled for the better part of the last 3 years. i'm happy Satterlee is getting more attention as he has really come on the past month or so. I agree 100% the future of the touring series is a bright one. 

#27 Benny K

Benny K

• Members
  • 3,569 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:47 PM

Probably be lucky to draw 35 cars this year. Race isn't big enough for guys not following WoO to tow in when there are summer nationals in the Midwest and 5000 to win shows in the south. Then with the tire rule regional guys can't afford it. Plus, Shirley & Bradsher off the tour. Pearson, Hess, Davenport aren't running. Miley, King, Pegher, Norris, C. Flinner, Ferree, Lux, Lyle, Angelicciho, Schaltenbrand, Lake, Montgomery plus 12 WoO teams. McCreadie, Satterlee, Boom and Bloomquist from Lucas. Overton & McDowell gives me 30.

Probably be lucky to draw 35 cars this year. Race isn't big enough for guys not following WoO to tow in when there are summer nationals in the Midwest and 5000 to win shows in the south. Then with the tire rule regional guys can't afford it. Plus, Shirley & Bradsher off the tour. Pearson, Hess, Davenport aren't running. Miley, King, Pegher, Norris, C. Flinner, Ferree, Lux, Lyle, Angelicciho, Schaltenbrand, Lake, Montgomery, J. Flinner plus 12 WoO teams. McCreadie, Satterlee, Boom and Bloomquist from Lucas. Overton, Ziegler& McDowell gives me 32.

Edited by Benny K, 19 June 2017 - 08:51 PM.

#28 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:54 PM

Probably be lucky to draw 35 cars this year. Race isn't big enough for guys not following WoO to tow in when there are summer nationals in the Midwest and 5000 to win shows in the south. Then with the tire rule regional guys can't afford it. Plus, Shirley & Bradsher off the tour. Pearson, Hess, Davenport aren't running. Miley, King, Pegher, Norris, C. Flinner, Ferree, Lux, Lyle, Angelicciho, Schaltenbrand, Lake, Montgomery, J. Flinner plus 12 WoO teams. McCreadie, Satterlee, Boom and Bloomquist from Lucas. Overton, Ziegler& McDowell gives me 32.

But of those 32, 5 have an equal chance of winning, and a few others are strong enough to have a chance.

Edited by FanJim24, 20 June 2017 - 08:24 AM.

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

#29 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:00 PM

I'm thinking 40ish. There's always a few surprises.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#30 Crew13

Crew13

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Racin, Football,Hiking

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:24 PM

Be nice to see Bobbie Pierce come thru the gate. Highly doubt it.

Ump summer bats he'll tour so not a chance

#31 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:55 PM

No Francis now! These guys are dropping like flies every single day. The Uncle Sam race will be lucky to have 10 to 12 cars in it

#32 Benny K

Benny K

• Members
  • 3,569 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:01 PM

It's the same every year. They always put out a list on 4m a week before and a majority don't show. That's why I didn't include Francis and those guys because they never come. They had the O'Neils and Owens listed over there, pretty sure Don has never ran at Lernerville.

#33 Benny K

Benny K

• Members
  • 3,569 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:14 PM

Aren't they doing truck and tractor pulls on Saturday?

#34 Sparkler

Sparkler

Race Fan

• Members
  • 932 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:35 PM

They will if it rains all day Friday! hahaha

#35 BaconBits

BaconBits

• Members
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:38 PM

It's the same every year. They always put out a list on 4m a week before and a majority don't show. That's why I didn't include Francis and those guys because they never come. They had the O'Neils and Owens listed over there, pretty sure Don has never ran at Lernerville.

Don O'Neal actually has the race listed on his website schedule.

#36 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:00 PM

Everybody puts the race on the schedule then they all back out

#37 BUTTBEAK

BUTTBEAK

RAPIDIUSRIDICULOSIS's

• Members
  • 1,554 posts
  • Interests:Painting Landscapes

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:14 PM

I think mom is going to take the event. Hope not!

Edited by BUTTBEAK, 20 June 2017 - 06:15 PM.

#38 BaconBits

BaconBits

• Members
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:38 PM

Mike Marlar is at McKean tonight, I'd guess he's gonna be at the Firecracker.

#39 Benny K

Benny K

• Members
  • 3,569 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:50 PM

The tractor pull post was supposed to be under the marion center topic.

#40 D1RT

D1RT

• Members
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:38 AM

Mike Marlar is at McKean tonight, I'd guess he's gonna be at the Firecracker.

Max Blair picked up his first WoO late model win there tonight.....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Drivers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users