Photo

ULTIMATE reduced entry fee for PPMS event this weekend!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fastrakpr

fastrakpr

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:33 AM

The entry fee for the PPMS first ever ULTIMATE Super Late Model event has been reduced to $50 plus $5 lab fee for tire testing. In working with the Mileys yesterday the decision was made between both management teams to reduce the fee for this event. We test tires at every ULTIMATE event. The $5 fee was suggested by the teams to hold us accountable and is posted on the ULTIMATE NE facebook page for everyone to see. NO HIDDEN AGENDAS. 

This race is $3000 to win but please note the pay through the field plus it is $400 just to start. This event has been compared to a $5000 to win race- again take note of the complete payout. Same thing with a race at another track and a higher to win amount. our idea is to pay thicker rather than top heavy and I honestly have no idea what these other purses are. I would suggest you compare them. EVERY team needs money to come, not just the winner. We could easily match practically any purse providing we did not look after everyone instead of just 1st. If in the future (2018) you think a $50 entry fee and $200 to start is a better deal for you, then please let us know and it sure will make it easier for us to book races. This $400 to win model has worked up and down the East Coast to this point. We will meet with super late model teams over the winter to address all the rules, purses, etc. Obviously everyone wants more money, but its important to us to take care of everyone, versus just the winner. Keep in mind this is an event to introduce the teams to the series and vice versa. 

I highly doubt any weekly super late model purse comes close to this total, even though it might pay $3000 to win. 

Tire rule was made to match as much of the local tire rule as possible. 1300 and up seems to be pretty standard for the area or so we were told. Both tire brands are included. 

We would have to assume no National drivers are coming for the most part. 1) They are on tours of their own. 2) Most of them do not run for less than $10,000. We are fortunate that those same National teams do come run with ULTIMATE when they are off as our format is very similar to theirs and they do look at the pay through the field. 

Regional Series. Our number 1 goal is to provide fans and tracks a show they can afford versus some tracks simply cannot handle a $50,000 plus one day show for the National Tours. In some cases thats a simple matter of not having enough seating for that expense. This way those same tracks can have a Regional Super Late Model tour and their fans can see some great super late model racing at a reasonable ticket price. 

Regional Super Late Model Teams can participate and be ready when they decide that want to go try one of the National Tours. Format similar, tires similar, etc. It puts them in a better position to compete versus getting completely just thrown to the wolves. 

One thing you might consider on the "normal" $100 entry fee is its the same for all our events. Doesn't matter if its a $20,000 to win 1 day show or a $3000 to win 1 day show, its still the same $100. We do have several $20,000 to win events each year, $10,000 to win and one $12,000 to win and I think we can do the same there given the opportunity. I don't know of many super shows (if any) that pay $20,000 to win for a 1 day show. We have 2 of those each year. 

The point fund in the South started at $10,000 to win - then as it grew $15,000 to win and in its 5th year was announced to be $20,000 to win which is the strongest in the country for a Regional Super Late Model Series (as far as we know). We never had any intentions of getting into super late models, but as our teams grew from crate late models and wanted to move into supers, they asked us to start something as did several of the chassis builders so after discussing it for 2 years we decided to move forward with it. The SE Region is in its 7th year now and holds 25-30 events per year. New tracks call every year wanting an event, but we just don't have anymore open dates to give them. Our car counts average 26.8 in the SE. You never have to pay a membership fee unless you want to run for the points. Annual member fee is only $100. Last place in the points pays over $1000. Rookie in the SE started at $500 and  3 drums of fuel. Now its over $3000 in cash plus prizes. There is no reason the same cannot be expected in the NE Region with your support. One step at a time and this Saturday is the beginning. 

We hope you come and give it a chance to be what it can be with good support from Regional teams. We do not own and will not own any teams that will race in any of our series. Our goals are to give the local fans a great show with superb regional talent at an affordable price. Beginning in 2018 events will have fireworks, 4 wide salute to the fans, autograph sessions for the fans and some fantastic racing. if you allow us to do our job I think you will be glad you did and we love to hear from the fans as to what you think we can do better for you. You will see a lot of activity on our ULTIMATE NE late model face book page and always a good place to interact with the series. 

Any questions or additional info please contact

Rose Compton NE Regional Director- 678-935-7304 ext 11   cell - 724-433-0159

DJ Irwin General Manager 678-935-7304  ext 4                     cell - 270-564-1914

Kelley Carlton Race Director (this event) 678-935=7304 ext 7  cell - 864-871-1442

Thank you for your patience and look forward to seeing you at PPMS. 

#2 Chrome Horn

Chrome Horn

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:55 AM

You bring up a good point, too many times people look at what the race is to win, not the pay through the field. Only 1 guy can win, I would think trying to spread the money throughout the field will appeal to more drivers then not.

#3 sicario

sicario

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:33 AM

I agree. I think paying through the field is more condusive to regional racing. What do stateline, Eriez, PPMS, & Lernerville pay to win? People always say certain locals stay away from big races because there is no return on the investment for those events. I do think $4000 to win and trying not to kill the pay through the field would be better but $3,000 to win is still probably double weekly purses around here. Maybe $75 entry fee, $250 to start and $3,500 to win. Either way I like the thought of this series. This is what I've been hoping for with Late Models for sometime. Something that has a solid points fund and takes care of the drivers.

#4 sicario

sicario

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:33 AM

Phone duplicated the post, sorry.

Edited by sicario, 14 July 2017 - 11:36 AM.

#5 fastrakpr

fastrakpr

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:36 PM

I agree. I think paying through the field is more condusive to regional racing. What do stateline, Eriez, PPMS, & Lernerville pay to win? People always say certain locals stay away from big races because there is no return on the investment for those events. I do think $4000 to win and trying not to kill the pay through the field would be better but $3,000 to win is still probably double weekly purses around here. Maybe $75 entry fee, $250 to start and $3,500 to win. Either way I like the thought of this series. This is what I've been hoping for with Late Models for sometime. Something that has a solid points fund and takes care of the drivers.

We agree with you 100% on the $4000 to win super late model purse. Just need to get it going and we will be there quickly. Plus an announcement is coming soon on the ULTIMATE CO OP advertising fund for all tracks paying $5000 to win and up purses. 

#6 sicario

sicario

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:12 PM

That's good to hear! I hope this takes off in these parts, I really do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users