• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 fastrakpr

fastrakpr

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:07 PM

This is just a question to all crate late model teams. Trust me you are not going to offend me with comments. I personally think there is a lot of wrong information out there and a lot of that probably on purpose. Why would there not be 150 cars at a race paying this much money to crate late model teams? I really do not understand. Almost $80,000 in purse money all in one weekend. If you pre Register this year you get up to 4 pit passes for only $30. Thats not $30 a day, but $30 for both days. 

I hear well its too far or bad location - Ok but its going to be far from someone regardless if where it is. 

Need a new location and need to move it around - Do you really know another track that will pay crate late model teams $80,000 in purse money? Please let me know if you do. 

Need a non qualifiers race: Most of the time when we did so that, 25 teams would be eligible and only 10 participated. hard to add another purse when you are paying $80,000 now. 

$575 isn't enough start money - Well its $275 Friday and $575 Saturday. Thats $850. Supers get $1000 to start on tour. Thats with a $50,000 engine. This is $850 total for a $6000 engine. Do the math. 

Have to add 50lbs for some other series seals. NOT TRUE. All series seals are legal in FT. If and only if, you have ANY after market parts then you add 50 lbs. Engines are teched accordingly. 

Just thinking out loud guys. I would appreciate real replies because we want to make it work for you. 

Thanks in advance! 

#2 jo73

jo73

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,184 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 09 August 2017 - 03:55 PM

I commend you for putting it out there.

#3 jo73

jo73

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 03:58 PM

I have a question. Does the queen penalize teams for racing with another series ? Or do you get labeled because you jumped ship ? We're and what dates is your race ?

#4 FanJim24

FanJim24

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:18 PM

Where are these shows? How far away are they? 

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

#5 FanJim24

FanJim24

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:23 PM

I can imagine there being an unwritten rule in rush that if you run an opposing series you will fail tech at a subsequent rush event without being notified to go to tech. Can we officially call that being Kugelled? 

Edited by FanJim24, 09 August 2017 - 04:38 PM.

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

#6 LM63

LM63

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:21 PM

Once again the dumb asses comment first.... Lol   I'll tell ya why Stan. Because only 24 or so cars make any show and thats just racing. Same reason the big paying SLM shows don't draw near as many cars as they used to. The days of showing up cause it was just exciting to be a part of a big event are long gone.  These races could pay 1000 to start and your still not gonna draw that many more cars in this day and age..  

Now the rest of you morons can go back to blaming Vicki for VMS not getting 100 cars for the big Fastrak event....

#7 fastrakpr

fastrakpr

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:30 PM

I have a question. Does the queen penalize teams for racing with another series ? Or do you get labeled because you jumped ship ? We're and what dates is your race ?

Race Dates Sept 15-16th rain date 17th 

Friday 15th World Challenge $5000 to win Members only 10 races. Plus 2 rounds practice for Saturday event teams

Saturday 16th World Championship $20,000 to win open to everyone - all engine seals legal - $30 pit pass includes both days (max 4 per team) 

#8 fastrakpr

fastrakpr

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:32 PM

Where are these shows? How far away are they? 

Sept 15th-16th Jamaica Virginia - Virginia Motor Speedway - the Taj Mahal of Dirt

#9 fastrakpr

fastrakpr

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:35 PM

Once again the dumb asses comment first.... Lol   I'll tell ya why Stan. Because only 24 or so cars make any show and thats just racing. Same reason the big paying SLM shows don't draw near as many cars as they used to. The days of showing up cause it was just exciting to be a part of a big event are long gone.  These races could pay 1000 to start and your still not gonna draw that many more cars in this day and age..  

Now the rest of you morons can go back to blaming Vicki for VMS not getting 100 cars for the big Fastrak event....

True only 24 make it Friday night and 24 make it Saturday night. Just trying to figure out why more don't try I guess. Would love to make it better for everybody but like any event, it needs to grow. To make it better it needs to be supported. Just math. 

#10 FanJim24

FanJim24

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:47 PM

I'll leave the dumb part of your post speak for itself. Vicki has been caught disqualifying a driver just because she can, very recently. She didn't even try to hide what she was doing. If you think that it's not possible that she would disqualify someone for having the nerve to go to a non-Vicki race you haven't been paying attention. 

#11 jo73

jo73

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:48 PM

Someone is trying to build a race and has ask for opinions to make it work. Your input, if you are a crate racer, was negative and useless. Why not give something positive and create a dialog with others so that something good could possibly come out of it.

#12 FanJim24

FanJim24

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:11 PM

I wish I could give some insight for you, but I'm not a car owner or a driver, so I don't really know what keeps cars away. You make it sound worth the trip to me. 

#13 fastrakpr

fastrakpr

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:49 AM

Thanks for all the comments. I will not comment on the Vickie deal. If you haven't figured that out by now, you never will. 

Moving forward! Hope you see some of you. Anytime you want to come run with us please feel free too. Promise we will treat you like family and you will have a good time regardless of how you run. 

#14 blue by you

blue by you

Race Fan

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:18 AM

for that kind of doe you might see bloomquist  an the rest of them coming in in crate cars. :lol:

#15 D1RT

D1RT

• Members
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:46 PM

Maybe the 7+ hour tow one way from the Pittsburgh area has something to do with it??

Has VMS ever had high car counts for any of their shows be it supers or crates??

#16 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 3,968 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:21 PM

Maybe the 7+ hour tow one way from the Pittsburgh area has something to do with it??

Has VMS ever had high car counts for any of their shows be it supers or crates??

Nope. It's biggest problem is location. Unbelievable facility, but it's so far away from everything.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#17 fastrakpr

fastrakpr

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:16 AM

Nope. It's biggest problem is location. Unbelievable facility, but it's so far away from everything.

Sorry guys. Been on the road racing this past weekend. Its 7 from Pittsburgh and 8 from Georgia so we can certainly relate to distance. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users