• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 DavyLee2

DavyLee2

• Members
  • 3,369 posts
  • Interests:racing/music/billiards

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:15 PM

Let me be the first one to predict a Chip Ganassi Indy Car Entry for Kyle Larson .....

#2 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:11 PM

Not anytime soon. He's happier racing sprint cars and knoxville at the moment. I'm not saying it will never happen, but indy is a big pressure deal. Unless Silva changes his mind I think the 57 seat is his as long as he wants it.

#3 scruffy1a

scruffy1a

Racestud Sophistocate

• Members
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:36 PM

Let me be the first one to predict a Chip Ganassi Indy Car Entry for Kyle Larson .....

Do you seriously not know that both Ganassi and Larson have discussed openly the possibility of Larson running a fifth Ganassi car in the 500?

Not anytime soon. He's happier racing sprint cars and knoxville at the moment. I'm not saying it will never happen, but indy is a big pressure deal. Unless Silva changes his mind I think the 57 seat is his as long as he wants it.

Do you seriously believe running 25 sprint car races a year would keep someone from running the 500?

If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just suck.

#4 D1RT

D1RT

• Members
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:38 PM

Kyle has stated in more than a few interviews that he has aspirations to run the Indy 500 and it may happen in the next couple years. He's employed by the right man to make it happen and you're not going to find a much better Indy Car team to give him a car that is 100% capable of winning it.

Edited by D1RT, 14 August 2017 - 08:39 PM.

#5 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:26 AM

I forgot he's superman with a target cape. Do you realize that with target backing out of racing chip needs to go out and find a corporation that wants to spend the millions that target did in all there racing sponsorships

#6 DavyLee2

DavyLee2

• Members
  • 3,369 posts
  • Interests:racing/music/billiards

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:07 PM

chip ganassi owns target. They may back out but the money will just go out the back door and not the front door im sure !

I did not know they had talked about it ! but when I saw how ganassi talked about Kyle asking to run Knoxville and then get to Michigan after midnight  he stated ' I asked him are you sure you can do this " and then he just stared at the kid and shook his head and said " he is one amazing talent "

it hit me that he cant say no to put him in that indy car ! he has to be the best possible candidate who ever tried to run both races

kurt bush did a spectacular job but Larson is something that only comes around every so many years .. As long as he stays healthy we are in for some amazing things to witness !

#7 Cool1

Cool1

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • Interests:Racin

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:19 PM

I agree.

#8 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:33 PM

He is the 3rd coming of A. J. Foyt!!!

GOOD RACING TO ALL!!

Walt

#9 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:19 PM

The pass for the win was brilliant.  He worked the outside car up for a longer winning run and pass down the banking.  I don't watch NASCAR much and I can't recall anyone doing that before but I'll bet it now gets done more.  

The whole first part of the race he was good in 2 and off able to get a good run under cars going into 3.  Mid race to late mostly loose through 2 as most all were on the sun lit back part of the track, except for the green 18, a black car I think maybe 78 or something and a yellow car.  Late end of the race again just fine off turn 2 on.

I left with 15 without seeing the winning run except for video.  He's patient, never looks like he's forcing an issue on the track, seems to always do the right thing on the best line every lap and just like watching him on dirt, at Michigan if any car ahead of him looked like it was on a better line he was there using it better until time to pass.  

I don't know why Ryan Blaney faded late except setup or maybe riding through 2 loose made his tires go away early.   The first half it looked like his car was pushing down evenly on the left side in 2 trying to hide the tires.  It seemed like the sun heated up the back part of the track and the back of his car was hanging out like most every other car, except maybe a little more.  I lost track of watching him after that.   I guess his crew was doing what was needed for the front side of the track and missed keeping him able to go as well as he did early on, on through 2 and the back stretch.  

All in all for my first time at a NASCAR race I at least got some exercise walking around the inside of the track.  $50 bucks to get into the infield to watch stuff a little faster then the Allstars at PPMS, with 1/100 the excitement and racing tension of the night before at Sharon, for now isn't worth going back.  

I did learn with the stands as empty as they were, after the race starts you can go and pick just about any seat or place in the house to watch.  I was told by an usher after it starts, ain't nobody going to bother checking to see if you have a ticket or not.  

They had one yellow for pitting early and then when the real half time went down, I thought the race was over and had my fill of it.  

Another thing there was a white 2 car running up front most of the race and the drivers name was Jones.  Who the heck is Jones I never heard of him before and a couple of people I asked about him didn't know either.  

Only good thing was I had an air conditioned motor home to sit in and watch the race out the front window, anytime I wanted to take a break from the heat.

edit:  That track sure is big and a long walk around the inside.  I just looked at it on Google Earth and my home base view which because it's so big I thought was already the back stretch, was the middle of turn 2.

The loose I saw late race was in the middle of turn 2 and I now think many or most were for a good part of the race on the edge through turn 2.  

Leaving with 15 to go I watched them for a few laps running the track across where the tunnel is located.  The speed with them riding on a what appeared from my vantage to be like a vertical wall was impressive when the cars went by.  It was worth $50 to see for the first time but not more.  

Thinking about it today with Michigan running on Sunday's and not being as far as the Grove or Lawerenceburg, I might try it again.  That is if Slippery Rocks not racing, it's raining at Eriez or other reachable dirt tracks and supers or sprints ain't at Sandusky.  For me going to another NASCAR race ain't a high priority.  

Edited by dirtstudent2, 16 August 2017 - 07:06 AM.

#10 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:57 PM

Larson, blaney, Jones and a few others are the only hope nascar has. Right now Larson is proving he can drive anything, and win, will he be at Indy ? I have no doubt he will. I say within the next 2 years he will be at indy and he will be nascrap's next champion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users