Photo

RUSH Sprint Car Info Meeting October 22; Test sessions completed; Interest & excitement continues to build

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 RUSH Racing Series

RUSH Racing Series

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 06:33 PM

RUSH SPRINT CAR INFORMATIONAL MEETING OCTOBER 22; 2 TEST SESSIONS COMPLETED; INTEREST & EXCITEMENT CONTINUES TO BUILD

By Mike Leone

October 15, 2017               FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

(Pulaski, PA)...The new Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC RUSH Sprint Car Series powered by Pace Performance will have an informational meeting on Sunday, October 22 at Gatherings Banquet & Event Center at 1:00 p.m.  Gatherings is located just west of New Castle, Pa. on Route 422 at 2552 Benjamin Franklin Highway, Edinburg, PA 16116.

An initial informational meeting was held back on March 4 detailing the basics of the program.  Since then two successful test sessions were held on August 23 at Lernerville Speedway and September 18 at Stateline Speedway.  Interest throughout the summer months has been tremendous with recent on track and informational videos  really spurring interest in the new division.  The rules have also been further defined with the tires and shock package chosen. 

Don Blackshear, Pace Performance's Director of Circle Track Engine Development, will be on hand to speak about the engine package.  Brett Neupert of Precise Racing Products/Hoosier Tire Mid-Atlantic will speak about the spec Hoosier Tire along with the safety rules.  The spec right and left rear tires will be on display.  The required RUSH Bilstein sealed/spec shock will also be available for racers to see as well as the sealing process explained.  An informational package will be available for all attendees with various handouts pertaining to the class such as info on the GM crate engine, Hoosier Tires, Bilstein Shocks, the tentative 2018 rules, along with other info.

The RUSH Sprint Cars will feature traditional, non-wing Sprint Cars utilizing the cost-effective Pace Performance GM 602 Crate Sprint Car engine package developed by Pace's Director of Circle Track Engine Development, Don Blackshear, $135 sealed, spec RUSH Bilstein Bandits Shocks, affordable spec Hoosier Tires, and RUSH "Visual" Methanol spec fuel produced by Insinger Performance, a Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor.  The racer affordability of this type of Sprint Car program is outstanding with a complete race ready car between $12,000-$15,000.      

"I know we've been repetitive about the interest but it really has been phenomenal," stated RUSH Director Vicki Emig.  "We're still getting several inquiries per week and they're coming from all different backgrounds, experience levels, and all across the region from Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, New York, and New Jersey.  The combination of being an affordable package along with it being non-wing has certainly created a buzz.  You cannot believe how much fun Arnie Kent, Gale Ruth, Jr., David Scott and his son Wyatt all had during the tests, and it's that 'fun' word we want to put back in racing and especially Sprint Cars.  We really hope many take advantage to learn more about the class on October 22."

The following speedways have stated their intentions to be part of the inaugural 2018 RUSH Sprint Car season: Lernerville, Tri-City, Pittsburgh, Eriez, Stateline, Bradford, McKean, Roaring Knob and Deerfield.  One or two other well-known speedways in the area have been contacted and are also expected to be part of the inaugural schedule giving RUSH Sprint Car racers a minimum of 10 different venues to participate at; others have also showed great interest in also scheduling events.

To get the Series off the ground, Bonnell's Rod Shop will present the 2018 Weekly Series Championship point fund of more than $20,000 with $5,000 going to the inaugural champion!  

2018 Bonnell's Rod Shop Weekly Series Point Fund ($20,075): 1. $5,000  2. $2,500  3. $1,750  4. $1,500  5. $1,200  6. $1,000  7. $800  8. $750  9. $700  10. $650  11. $600  12. $500  13. $450  14. $425  15. $400  16. $390  17. $380  18. $370  19. $360  20. $350.

2018 "Futures Cup" (minimum): 1. $300  2. $200  3. $100  4. $50.  

For additional information such as rules and the informational sheet, check out www.rushsprintcars.com, "like" our Facebook page at ww.facebook.com/rushsprintcars and follow us on Twitter @RUSHSprints for the latest news and updates.  Interested drivers are asked to e-mail their contact info so they can be added to our potential driver e-mail database as well as our press release list.   

E-mail can be sent to the RUSH Racing Series at info@rushracingseries.com and snail mail to 4368 Route 422, Pulaski, PA 16143. Office phone is 724-964-9300 and fax is 724-964-0604. The RUSH Racing Series website is www.rushracingseries.com.

###   

Edited by RUSH Racing Series, 15 October 2017 - 06:38 PM.

#2 94.3-RADRACER

94.3-RADRACER

• Members
  • 6,661 posts
  • Interests:hunting,fishing,racing

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:49 PM

this will be one of the biggest growing divisions since the crate lates.......and modifieds did great also......put stock in this............

#3 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:06 PM

Yea say goodbye to 410 racing in western pa

#4 Cool1

Cool1

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • Interests:Racin

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:38 PM

Sure hope you're wrong.

#5 Cool1

Cool1

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:45 PM

Just realized, 10000-15000 dollars, ready to race, damn, why would anyone run any other class??? Hell this is way cheaper than big blocks, open stocks, e-mods, micros, why have any other class???  just thinking out loud.

Edited by Cool1, 17 October 2017 - 02:46 PM.

#6 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:49 PM

I hope I'm wrong. Mercer in limbo. Someone made mention Dave Blaney wants them back at Sharon. Whatever happens it will be interesting. Someone saw the growth of the BOSS series and decided to get involved with a new wingless series. Guys want to race, and many of those same guys may not have much of a choice.

#7 Cool1

Cool1

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:59 PM

Is there more than maybe 100 fans that like the boss sprints?

#8 REC

REC

• Members
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:sprint cars

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:15 PM

I have been to many of the Ohio BOSS shows and was never disappointed!  I go any chance I have when they are in my territory. Always a full car count and good racing too.

Edited by REC, 17 October 2017 - 04:19 PM.

#9 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 6,357 posts
  • Interests:auto racing of course

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:21 PM

I have been to many of the Ohio BOSS shows and was never disappointed!  I go any chance I have when they are in my territory. Always a full car count and good racing too.

Agree 100%.  

#10 Cool1

Cool1

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:45 PM

I said fans, not racers.

#11 spike

spike

Race Fan

• Members
  • 776 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:55 PM

A local racing official once said that about the Green Flag sprints.  Still have a copy of that as posted on Race Stud.  Every year I still smile when I read it.  :D

#12 94.3-RADRACER

94.3-RADRACER

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:53 PM

i'd choose boss sprints over winged anyday. and spike, miss vicki has way more pull and backing than a one track wonder class of green flags.....she kinda has this down, like taking a needed entry class, and building a juggernaut....these sprints will be very exciting, and wish the 604 was used, but they will be huge around here..give them about 3 years, and they will be everywhere.

#13 Cool1

Cool1

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:43 PM

Sorry, had no right to say what I know. Will not post again, its not worth the stress.

Edited by Cool1, 18 October 2017 - 07:27 PM.

#14 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 6,357 posts
  • Interests:auto racing of course

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:10 PM

It's a discussion board, a place for an exchange of ideas and opinions.  Not everyone will agree with what any of us has to say.  Make your point and move on.  As long as folks don't get s***ty in their disagreement, I don't have a problem.

Edited by flash49, 18 October 2017 - 09:10 PM.

#15 beerdrinker

beerdrinker

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:22 PM

Heard the Silver Cup gonna be crate sprint race next year.

#16 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:07 PM

Heard the Silver Cup gonna be crate sprint race next year.

Drink more.

#17 polish2

polish2

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:sprint car racing

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:30 AM

I hope I'm wrong. Mercer in limbo. Someone made mention Dave Blaney wants them back at Sharon. Whatever happens it will be interesting. Someone saw the growth of the BOSS series and decided to get involved with a new wingless series. Guys want to race, and many of those same guys may not have much of a choice.

The big difference between this series and the BOSS series is BOSS has almost NO RULES! No tire, engine, shock etc. It's a run what you brung series.

D) The Cars
1) All cars racing with BOSS must be a traditional sprint car appearing machine. Cars must be of an upright design with the roll cage of the 4 post/4 point design. No offset motors! The engine must sit directly in front of the driver. The driveline must pass through the cockpit with the driver straddling the driveline.
2) Driveline hoops are mandatory.
3) No onboard computers or computer adjustable devices are allowed.
4) No mirrors, no radios, no communication devices of any kind allowed.
5) No bodywork can extend beyond the front torsion tubes. No “wings” of any kind permitted anywhere on the car. Nerf bars cannot extend beyond the tires.
6) BOSS officials reserve the right to make bodywork that does not meet the spirit of sprint car racing, be removed or altered prior to being allowed to compete.
7) Teams are responsible for having legible numbers on BOTH sides of the fuel tank and on the front nose of the car. Keep in mind we will have scorers at some tracks helping us out who do not typically score wingless sprints. Please make your numbers easy for scorers and fans to read.
8) Fuel Cell with fuel bladder is required on all cars.

E) The Engines
1) Only normally aspirated engines are allowed. No turbochargers, no superchargers, and no forced air induction of any kind is permitted.
2) No big block engines allowed.
3) Only one spark plug per cylinder allowed.
4) Methanol fuel ONLY! No additives of any kind allowed!
5) Absolutely no traction control devices of any kind are permitted. Anything BOSS officials feel could be a traction control device is subject to being confiscated and being sent off for testing. Any items would be returned to the car owner. If found to be using traction control, the team owner and driver will be suspended for one year from BOSS competition.

F) Safety Equipment
1) Drivers who choose to participate in BOSS events will ultimately be responsible for their own safety equipment. The sprint car level of competition is serious and advanced enough that drivers are aware of the risks and should be well enough prepared to take the necessary safety precautions. The following are suggested safety equipment with mandatory minimums noted.
2) Drivers are required to use a full face racing helmet. Snell approved helmets that are less than 3 years old are suggested.
3) Flame Retardant driving suits are required. BOSS suggests a minimum 2 layer suit, and a 3 layer suit of one piece design if possible.
4) The use of approved fire retardant underwear (tops and bottoms) as well as socks and head socks are also strongly encouraged.
5) Driving shoes of flame retardant material are encouraged.
6) Driving gloves are required and no driver will be permitted on the track without them.
7) High back racing seats are required with a minimum of 4 bolts mounting the seat to the frame.
8) Seat belts should be the 5 point design and we encourage the use of belts that are less than 2 years old.
9) Head and Neck restraints and full containment seats are NOT mandatory, but are strongly encouraged.
10) The use of a rock screen and roll bar padding are strongly encouraged.
11) All cars are subject to BOSS inspection for safety reasons and BOSS reserves the right to limit any cars participation if there is a safety concern.

* * Drivers and teams are subcontractors under BOSS and are therefore ultimately responsible for their own safety equipment.  BOSS officials will take every reasonable precaution to provide a safe racing facility including making sure the track carries a minimum required insurance policy on all competing teams and requiring adequate emergency medical treatment capabilities are present.

#18 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:30 AM

yea, there sprint cars. I've been to 3 BOSS shows and each one was a good race with a nice turnout of cars. I think they put on a good show. finally a organization that states up front that there competitors are sub contractors.  I've often wondered why no one has run a wingless show on a weekly basis ? takes away aero, takes away big HP, puts driving back in the drivers hands.

#19 spike

spike

Race Fan

• Members
  • 776 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 02:33 PM

Radracer says they will be HUGE.  They will be EVERYWHERE.  And when they get around 1000 cars nationwide,  we'll crown him the modern NOSTRADAMUS.  :)

#20 94.3-RADRACER

94.3-RADRACER

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:32 PM

hey, i'm not even a print car fan.........and they will be everywhere......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users