• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 PennOhio ProStocks

PennOhio ProStocks

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:01 PM

$10,000 TO-WIN STEEL VALLEY PRO STOCK NATIONALS PAYOUT AND RACE FORMAT ANNOUNCED FOR THE JUNE 16TH EVENT!

For Immediate Release

November 12, 2017 (Sandy Lake, PA) The payout structure for the A Main is announced, along with the race format for the Steel Valley Pro Stock Nationals.  The 2018 event will take place at Sharon Speedway on Saturday, June 16th with a pre-tech and practice session occurring on Friday, June 15th

The 75 lap main event will be $10,000 to win and $300 to-start with 30 cars scheduled to take the green flag.  The payout structure is as follows.   

1              $10,000

2              $3,000

3              $1,500

4              $1,000

5              $700

6              $550

7              $500

8              $475

9              $450

10            $425

11            $400

12            $375

13            $350

14            $325

15            $300

16            $300

17            $300

18            $300

19            $300

20            $300

21            $300

22            $300

23            $300

24            $300

25            $300

26            $300

27            $300

28            $300

29            $300

30            $300

The “All Star Sprint” group qualifying format with an invert four will determine heat race line ups.  Heat race winners will compete in a dash to determine the A Main feature line up. 

An “Alphabet Soup” race format will be followed to determine the 30 car field for the main event.  Race promotors agree that “the goal is to give drivers an opportunity at the $10,000 prize, so the plan is for drivers not qualifying from the heat races to advance their way into the A Main through B, C, D, E features.”  The number of qualifying drivers from heats and the number of additional features needed will be determined upon final car count.

Entry forms for this race are available on the Homak Penn Ohio and Sharon Speedway web pages. The early entry discount is $100.00 until March 1st of 2018.  Continue to visit the websites www.pennohioprostocks.com or www.sharonspeedway.com, as well as social media for more event details.

#2 rocket21

rocket21

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:45 PM

Really top heavy pay out. Can't see a big crowd of cars like some expect. Definitely keep us home. JMHO

#3 BRC27

BRC27

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:15 AM

^^^This guy here.  Do you realize that 11th place pays close to what tracks pay weekly?  I believe you'll have 75 cars.  I'm hoping to have my car there.  

#4 honeybadger1

honeybadger1

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:27 AM

This is such an awesome effort by Shaun and the management at Sharon Speedway.  Hoping to have my car there as well if we're able to run some decent laps there before the event.

#5 Fast Lane Life

Fast Lane Life

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:31 AM

I want to start with the preface that it is Sharon's sandbox with the Penn-Ohio sanction and they can absolutely do what they want to do. I only offer this concept merely as food for thought as an alternative payout. The above top heavy payout is not always the key to success in drawing cars. It worked well at one time three plus decades ago but not so much today. My idea may indeed cause more drivers to consider competing in this inaugural event, so it becomes annual and not a one and done event.

Here goes...
1. $5,000; 2. $2,500; 3. $1,500; 4. $1,250; 5. $1,150; 6. $1,100; 7. $1,000; 8. $800; 9. $750; 10. $700; 11. $650; 12. $600; 13. $575; 14. 550; 15. $525; 16. $500; 17. $475; 18. $450; 19. $425; 20 -30 $400. This last place payout reflects more in earnings than most regular stock shows pay to win.

Now let the haters and negative Nancy's begin...because adult discussion and exchange of ideas oft times gets lost here.

#6 raceover5

raceover5

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:Racing and my kids

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:43 AM

I agree. How many guys are actually capable of winning the 10,000 dollars versus not winning the $10,000 that will factor into them coming or not. Maybe you will have 10 cars that are actually able to win that amount the rest will be looking at the pay back through the field.

#7 yenko1

yenko1

Race Fan

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:58 AM

I want to start with the preface that it is Sharon's sandbox with the Penn-Ohio sanction and they can absolutely do what they want to do. I only offer this concept merely as food for thought as an alternative payout. The above top heavy payout is not always the key to success in drawing cars. It worked well at one time three plus decades ago but not so much today. My idea may indeed cause more drivers to consider competing in this inaugural event, so it becomes annual and not a one and done event.

Here goes...
1. $5,000; 2. $2,500; 3. $1,500; 4. $1,250; 5. $1,150; 6. $1,100; 7. $1,000; 8. $800; 9. $750; 10. $700; 11. $650; 12. $600; 13. $575; 14. 550; 15. $525; 16. $500; 17. $475; 18. $450; 19. $425; 20 -30 $400. This last place payout reflects more in earnings than most regular stock shows pay to win.

Now let the haters and negative Nancy's begin...because adult discussion and exchange of ideas oft times gets lost here.

Cant be 10 k to win if you do this

#8 Fast Lane Life

Fast Lane Life

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:25 PM

You are absolutely correct and that is what I was suggesting to not pay 10K to win but to provide a better distribution of the total posted A main money.

#9 sundance

sundance

• Members
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:58 PM

Really top heavy pay out. Can't see a big crowd of cars like some expect. Definitely keep us home. JMHO

I visit this site infrequently anymore. This is a big reason why. We are fortunate to have a stockcar race with a $25,000.00 purse at a great track, with a well established series and the first reply is to knock it because we don't like the pay structure. This may be the biggest race for stocks in the country in 2018, and it's right here in our area. I can only imagine the effort and risk tolerance put forth by those involved, only to have some computer cowboy setting at his keyboard waiting to see what he can bitch about next. Fast Lane Life, you an I may have done it differently if we were putting up the money. We're not. I understand that. The truth of the matter is all I will have invested is a pit pass and I'm grateful to have a chance to attend such an event. 

Edited by sundance, 14 November 2017 - 01:59 PM.

#10 714d

714d

Race Fan

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:26 PM

I agree, more cars would show up for the more spread pay structure, BUT it's almost guaranteed to bring 50+ cars just based on typical penn/Ohio counts. If you pay $400 for last, you'll just lure a bunch of non-competitive cars hoping to luck into the show. It would bring in more back gate money, but would kill the show from a fans perspective. It'll be a huge success as is. Leave it alone and pray for good weather. Love to see some outsiders travel in for this one.

#11 Fast Lane Life

Fast Lane Life

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:32 PM

Sundance I respect your opinion and understand your sentiment. I am far from a computer cowboy as you insinuate as I have been around this sport for almost 52 years and have invested tens of thousands in racing.

You are absolutely correct with your points; it is not my money or sandbox. I absolutely respect and APPLAUD Sharon's as well as Penn-Ohio's effort.

Alas, apparently you have read into my posts more than intended. My suggestion was not to attempt to discredit the effort but merely to look at maximizing the resources (purse) that Sharon is willing to spend. This is in an effort to get a greater return on their investment (e.g. more pit passes and entry fees) through greater participation. I do not consider it "bitching" at all but thoughts for mindful consideration moving forward.

You really are making the point about risk tolerance and I am fortifying that point by ROI potential. I was not supposing anything more than to provoke thought for the future. They have already advertised and posted the purse, alternating that at this time could be risky business because despite their best efforts someone will have missed it.

If the risk does not supply great enough ROI, therefore it may/will only occur once versus being a part of the summer racing fabric for years to come. That is my point and nothing else.

Edited by Fast Lane Life, 14 November 2017 - 02:44 PM.

#12 raceover5

raceover5

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:Racing and my kids

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:51 PM

The real question should be how many guys actually have trailers and trucks that can tow a long distance that are reliable to come to this race? Even though there are a few teams that have double stacker rigs many do not and I would think that would be a factor on traveling great distances for some teams.

#13 sundance

sundance

• Members
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:30 PM

My argument is not with you Fast Lane Life, but with Rocketman21. As I said you and I may have done it differently if we were in charge. If he has a stockcar and doesn't support this show he deserves to run for $300.00.

Edited by sundance, 14 November 2017 - 04:34 PM.

#14 sle21

sle21

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:17 PM

My argument is not with you Fast Lane Life, but with Rocketman21. As I said you and I may have done it differently if we were in charge. If he has a stockcar and doesn't support this show he deserves to run for $300.00.

No I think the problem is that you have an issue with someone having an opinion that is different than what yours is. It is a discussion board. If anyone starts a topic on here it is to promote it, start a discussion, and see what everyone's opinion is. Having said that, I think this is a great race for the stock cars at a great facility that will bring a nice car count, but I also feel the pay structure is way too top heavy. Some guys will travel to race it, others who know they don't have a chance may not want to risk their equipment getting tore up racing for a spot. It all depends what your in it for. Myself personally, since everything comes from my pocket and I build as much as I can to cut down on costs, I'm happier to race a weekly show where I know what exactly I'm getting into rather than do a lot of traveling. If the pay structure was as dispersed differently as someone had proposed on here, I'd me more interested.

#15 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 6,314 posts
  • Interests:auto racing of course

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:14 PM

No I think the problem is that you have an issue with someone having an opinion that is different than what yours is. It is a discussion board. If anyone starts a topic on here it is to promote it, start a discussion, and see what everyone's opinion is. Having said that, I think this is a great race for the stock cars at a great facility that will bring a nice car count, but I also feel the pay structure is way too top heavy. Some guys will travel to race it, others who know they don't have a chance may not want to risk their equipment getting tore up racing for a spot. It all depends what your in it for. Myself personally, since everything comes from my pocket and I build as much as I can to cut down on costs, I'm happier to race a weekly show where I know what exactly I'm getting into rather than do a lot of traveling. If the pay structure was as dispersed differently as someone had proposed on here, I'd me more interested.

While you raise a valid point, your original post was totally negative. Your follow-up post is much more measured, and would not have provoked any unfavorable comment (except from a few of the trolls on here).

Edited by flash49, 14 November 2017 - 06:15 PM.

#16 sundance

sundance

• Members
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:24 PM

Amen Flash. I just have a strong reaction to all the negativity here.

Edited by sundance, 14 November 2017 - 06:24 PM.

#17 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,184 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:49 PM

Do any of you think the people that are in the business, and in charge, haven't discussed many possible options of how the pay should be structured ? This is the largest pay out these guys have ever ran for in our area. Shut the hell up, get your car ready if you have one and if not get out there and support this show. If you want to bitch about the pay stay at your local track. I hope that in coming months we may hear more about drivers that have pre - entered. I think it is going to surprise a lot of people on the big 3 division drivers that are going to be there. Only time will tell, I'm sure the people that put this show together also are waiting to see also. There's a lot of questions. Will the cars come ? I say 70 +. Will the fans come ? I see no reason why not ? Will the weather co-operate ? Let's all hope they don't get a rain heavy week. I feel they have had multiple discussions on the matters at hand. It's the first time somebody has stuck there neck out this far. Good Luck to all involved.

#18 sle21

sle21

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:58 PM

While you raise a valid point, your original post was totally negative. Your follow-up post is much more measured, and would not have provoked any unfavorable comment (except from a few of the trolls on here).

I appreciate your comment, but this isnt rocket21. I just have a similar opinion. Again I think the Penn Ohio series and this race is great for the stock cars. Really wish all tracks would unify their rules under this series.

#19 sle21

sle21

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:08 PM

Do any of you think the people that are in the business, and in charge, haven't discussed many possible options of how the pay should be structured ? This is the largest pay out these guys have ever ran for in our area. Shut the hell up, get your car ready if you have one and if not get out there and support this show. If you want to bitch about the pay stay at your local track. I hope that in coming months we may hear more about drivers that have pre - entered. I think it is going to surprise a lot of people on the big 3 division drivers that are going to be there. Only time will tell, I'm sure the people that put this show together also are waiting to see also. There's a lot of questions. Will the cars come ? I say 70 +. Will the fans come ? I see no reason why not ? Will the weather co-operate ? Let's all hope they don't get a rain heavy week. I feel they have had multiple discussions on the matters at hand. It's the first time somebody has stuck there neck out this far. Good Luck to all involved.

I'm sorry but I don't see how an opinion on payout is negativity. I think we all want the same thing here don't we? Work out rules and ways to get more people interested in the sport?

#20 CHEVY1A

CHEVY1A

Race Fan

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:46 PM

The real question should be how many guys actually have trailers and trucks that can tow a long distance that are reliable to come to this race? Even though there are a few teams that have double stacker rigs many do not and I would think that would be a factor on traveling great distances for some teams

Not everyone is like u and drives a rusted out, fluid leaking, 1971 F-100 with a wooden bed as a tow vehicle. Stocks with double stack rigs? Im sure theres millions of them hauling street stocks around ya retard.

Edited by CHEVY1A, 14 November 2017 - 07:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users