4 replies to this topic

#1 LernervillePRDirector

LernervillePRDirector

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:32 PM

dsc_0284.jpg?w=680

John Stivason/Stivason Photos

Sarver, PA (November 27, 2017) The 2018 season promises to bring something new to the table while still offering many of the same classic elements to the schedule that the “World’s Finest Race Fans” have come to expect over the years. The action on the track kicks off on Friday, April 20 and does not stop until the final checkered flag falls with the season ending Steel City Stampede on October, 13, once again providing events every week in between, and then some in 2018.

Fab Four Returns

Anchoring the schedule will be the Fab4 Racing Fueled by Turner’s Premium Iced Tea featuring the Peoples Natural Gas DIRTcar Sprints, Precise Racing Products DIRTcar Late Models, Diehl Automotive DIRTcar Big Block Modifieds and Millerstown Pic-A-Part DIRTcar/RUSH Pro Stocks. The Opening Night event will see three of the four divisions in action with the RUSH Late Models taking the place of the Precise Racing Products Late Models while the newly formed RUSH Sprint Cars make their debut as well that night.

The points for the Fab4 divisions will begin on April 27 which will kick-off 14 weeks of points racing action in 2018.

Mark Your Calendars

The special event schedule will once again be highlighted by the 12th Annual Firecracker 100 for the World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Models which will take place June, 21-23 and the 27th Annual Don Martin Memorial Silver Cup for the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Cars thrills the fans on July 17. Tony Stewart’s Arctic Cat All Stars Circuit of Champions Sprint Cars make their annual appearance on May 4 with an August 31 rain date.

The Commonwealth Clash hits The Action Track on Saturday, September 22 for the World of Outlaws Craftsman Sprint Cars. The 10th Annual Steel City Stampede closes the year with 10 divisions in action in 2018.

Also planned for 2018 will be Modified Mania on July 20, featuring a $2,000 to win main event for the Big Block Modifieds as well as a $1,500 to win feature for the E-Mods and other support racing. And on Saturday, September 15, its Autumn-Motive Fest preceded by our 2nd Annual Rib Fest and Vendor Show.

Back once again will also be our popular “School Bus/Kids Bike Races.” In 2018 the Annual Summer Vacation races will be taking place on June 5 while the Back to School races highlight action on September 8. Both nights will feature not only the aforementioned races, but also Stiller Motorsports UTV races, a 100 lap Enduro and new for 2018, will be spectator races on both nights, plus much more!

Making their return in 2018 will be the Monster Trucks as they make appearances on Saturday, May 19 and Saturday, August 25! The car crunching, window rattling, beasts thrilled a nearly full grandstand area in 2017 and they’ll be joined once again by the ATV Quad Wars show

New For 2018

Select Wednesday nights will get just a bit wilder in 2018 as racing will be taking place at The Action Track. Starting in May, every third Wednesday of the month will feature a three division program as the “RK Virgilie Wednesday Night Can’t Wait For The Weekend Mayhem Series” graces the clay! The brand new RUSH Sprints, who will be participating in their own five-race point series will be joined by 4 Cylinder Cars and Stiller Motorsports UTV Races.

For the full story click here 

Edited by LernervillePRDirector, 27 November 2017 - 08:24 PM.

Addicted to Dirt, no therapy or rehab for me please, I'll just learn to live with it. http://thedirtnetwork.blogspot.com/ The DIRT Network

#2 Mod Pro

Mod Pro

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:22 PM

Have to give kudos here... both Sharon and lernerville are trying some new things. Great to see some movement in the sport and attempts to market with a fresh approach!!!

Wishing them both the best in 2018!!! Love the fresh ideas...

#3 scruffy1a

scruffy1a

Racestud Sophistocate

• Members
  • 4,953 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:31 PM

Have to give kudos here... both Sharon and lernerville are trying some new things. Great to see some movement in the sport and attempts to market with a fresh approach!!!

I saw something fresh.  A "different structure" for ticket prices.  I was worried they might raise fees.

If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just suck.

#4 raceover5

raceover5

• Members
  • 411 posts
  • Interests:Racing and my kids

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:53 AM

You are correct they raised the general admission to $15. $1 more. I will pay the extra dollar if they are willing like they say to put it back into making the track top notch.

Also give them props for keeping the late models.

#5 sicario

sicario

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:22 PM

I agree. Good to see tracks trying new things. I am very happy they kept the big 3. My two questions are what happened to RUSHsprints being weekly at Eriez? I'm assuming that went by the wayside after Bob's passing. And I wonder where the majority of Sharon's $10,000 stock purse is coming from. Did they drop the super dirt race next year?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users