Photo

Sweeney RUSH Sprints to be fueled by RUSH "Visual" Methanol from Insinger Performance

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 RUSH Racing Series

RUSH Racing Series

Race Fan

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:17 PM

SWEENEY RUSH SPRINT CARS TO BE FUELED BY RUSH "VISUAL" METHANOL FROM INSINGER PERFORMANCE 

By Mike Leone

December 5, 2017               FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

(Pulaski, PA)...When the Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC RUSH Sprint Cars powered by Pace Performance debut in the spring of 2018, the traditional non-wing open wheel cars will be fueled by RUSH "Visual" Methanol from Insinger Performance.  The Sprint Cars will join RUSH's other divisions on dirt and asphalt with a mandated spec fuel program put in place in 2016 to control cost and ensure competitive parity throughout the Series.

RUSH will become one of the first sanctioning bodies in the country to mandate a "visual" methanol, a safety-based product that will assist emergency personnel when seconds count to more easily see a methanol fire, as well as pinpoint the location of the fire. 

Dyno and track testing results have proved that performance is consistent with conventional AA spec Alcohol, which is the purest alcohol in today's market and will be sold at a comparable cost.  The mandated spec Methanol will assure all competitors that everyone in the RUSH Sprint Car Series is competing with the same fuel.  For additional information on the RUSH "Visual" Methanol specs, check out www.rushsprintcars.com/Visual%20Methanol%20Specs.pdf.  As is typical in the other RUSH divisions, testing/sampling will be randomly done at the events.

"We are very pleased to be able to spec the RUSH "Visual" Methanol produced by Insinger Performance into the RUSH Sprint Car Series," expressed RUSH Director Vicki Emig.  "Our Sunoco spec fuel rules have been very successful and well received by RUSH racers across the board in our other divisions and we are confident the implementation of the RUSH "Visual" Methanol is the Sprint Cars will have the same results.  Adding the visual agent to the methanol and the fact that it is more environmentally friendly than other methanol type products is a tremendous bonus for all concerned.  I believe this product will very quickly become more common at other speedways and series throughout the country." 

RUSH "Visual" Methanol will be available in 55-gallon sealed drums throughout the RUSH/Sunoco network of approved RUSH distributors and at Precise Racing Product's trackside service at Lernerville Speedway.  See complete list of RUSH distributors on our website on the Insinger block.    

Series directors have been working with regional promoters and will be releasing a schedule of 20-24 events throughout western Pa., Ohio, and western New York in the coming weeks.  Bonnell's Rod Shop will present the $20,000+ Weekly Series Championship and just recently the $3,000 "Wednesday Night Lighting" Championship point fund was added that will surround and showcase Lernerville Speedway's five monthly Wednesday events.  Point funds programs now exceed $23,600.

2018 RUSH Sprint Car marketing partners include partners include Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC, Pace Performance, Hoosier Tire, Bonnell's Rod Shop, Bilstein Shocks, Insinger Performance, MSD Performance, Holley Performance Products, Earl's Performance Plumbing, FK Rod Ends, Maxima Racing Oil, Schoenfeld Headers, Jones Racing Products, Precise Racing Products, TBM Brakes, K&N Filters, Lincoln Electric, Velocita-USA, Classic Ink USA, Landrum Performance Spring, CrateInsider.com, RockAuto.com, and Valley Fashions.

E-mail can be sent to the RUSH Racing Series at info@rushracingseries.com and snail mail to 4368 Route 422, Pulaski, PA 16143. Office phone is 724-964-9300 and fax is 724-964-0604. The RUSH Sprint Car website is www.rushsprintcars.com. "Like" our Facebook page at ww.facebook.com/rushsprintcars and follow us on Twitter @RUSHSprints for the latest news and updates.

###

#2 Dandyjr19

Dandyjr19

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:31 PM

Why do you need to make $ off the fuel. Alky is alky right?. Get it wherever you can get it the cheapest. Like sponsorship.

#3 beerdrinker

beerdrinker

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:56 PM

Edited by beerdrinker, 08 December 2017 - 07:36 AM.

#4 ex9Ccrewguy

ex9Ccrewguy

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:23 AM

one more way they are reaching into your wallet..

#5 brad hibbard

brad hibbard

• Members
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:52 AM

I see some benefit to this spec fuel for this division

1st

any fuel can be chemically enhanced----the easiest and most accurate way to test a fuel is to have a spec fuel as a baseline

test results will only vary moments on a graph where different commercial blends can vary minutes on a graph and still be legal or maybe not be legal

this division will be based on equal power under the hood and if different methanol blends were permitted their could easily be a 5 or 6 HP swing even without doping the fuel

review:

most consistent power---easiest way to test

next:

the "visual" part

we have asked for years why we cannot run ALKY in the latemodels

one of the biggest reasons comes from race track policies against ALKY

ALKY is very difficult to see burning and in many cases you cannot see it burning at all 

this presents a huge risk to safety crews as well as the driver

this division plans on running at various race tracks 

I can assume some of them may have had policies preventing the use of ALKY

my understanding is that the "Visual" spec fuel will have an agent that can be seen when it burns

this will make everyone much more safe 

Sprint cars need to run on methanol (ALKY) do to restricted area for cooling components

I have grumbled a bit about spec fuel in the late models but this one I understand

Merry Christmas to all

Brad

#6 94.3-RADRACER

94.3-RADRACER

• Members
  • 6,509 posts
  • Interests:hunting,fishing,racing

Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:23 PM

you act  like rush don't give back ex9, they pay out for everything..........

#7 burghfan

burghfan

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:25 PM

you act  like rush don't give back ex9, they pay out for everything..........

So Rush has no "employees" who get paid, just volunteers who don't get paid?

#8 blue by you

blue by you

Race Fan

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:51 PM

what is the cost of a 55 gallon drum.

#9 ex9Ccrewguy

ex9Ccrewguy

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:05 PM

I understand from the safety aspect... but when you have to buy it from them ... I know when I was with the 9c crew we had a sponsor we got alky from at a great price,, WAY cheaper than the track...  guess its sold at the going rate,,,? ??

#10 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:06 PM

I don't know but we paid $105 for 55 gallon drum of methanol this past year, same as the year before.

edit:  That doesn't include the cost of going to get it.

Edited by dirtstudent2, 23 December 2017 - 06:08 PM.

#11 jo73

jo73

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,420 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 24 December 2017 - 10:59 AM

I know of a team that raced Lernerville and had exactly what ex9 is talking about. There fuel came from a supplier East of Pittsburgh. It was with additives and they went out monthly to bring back 4 barrels. There fuel sponsor was a added bonus. 

#12 94.3-RADRACER

94.3-RADRACER

• Members
  • 6,509 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:33 PM

So Rush has no "employees" who get paid, just volunteers who don't get paid?

just saying, if you race alot, you get rewarded in cash

#13 FanJim24

FanJim24

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 02:39 PM

I really like the fire indicator, but just mandate the indicator additive. 

Rush may pay well, but the racing isn't as good as the exact same cars without Rush. What are they going to do when the bleachers are empty? The shame of it is that I really want to see mini stocks and quads at Lernerville, but knowing that Vicki will take credit for every seat that isn't empty makes it really hard to go. 

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

#14 jo73

jo73

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 04:30 PM

I said it from the beginning. 410 sprints in western pa are in trouble. Time will tell.

#15 FanJim24

FanJim24

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:57 PM

I said it from the beginning. 410 sprints in western pa are in trouble. Time will tell.

From the beginning of what? Lernerville used to send sprints and stocks home every week. I really am curious how long you've thought that 410 are in trouble. I don't see them in any more trouble than the other divisions, but I could be wrong. 

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

#16 jo73

jo73

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:47 PM

Lernerville has new owners. Word first got out about the sportsman division and ownership was approached and didn't want to hear from the racers. Every trip I made north last year, 6 times, if anyone can say that racing was as good as in years past. I am going to strongly disagree. I believe you may see the same outcome in the sprint division. It's just my opinion and only time will tell if I may be right or wrong.

#17 FanJim24

FanJim24

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 08:56 PM

Lernerville has new owners. Word first got out about the sportsman division and ownership was approached and didn't want to hear from the racers. Every trip I made north last year, 6 times, if anyone can say that racing was as good as in years past. I am going to strongly disagree. I believe you may see the same outcome in the sprint division. It's just my opinion and only time will tell if I may be right or wrong.

I agree about the racing. I think the new surface is too fast, and the whatever they're calling the former stock division this year being a one line train is worse, because at least in the past the track had slicked off enough that all grooves were equally bad. Now if you try to go to the bottom, it's not that you don't get bite, it's that the motor won't drive the car off of the corner. One groove isn't racing. I miss the sportsman's division going 4 wide and not knowing which one would come out ahead. 

Edited by FanJim24, 24 December 2017 - 08:59 PM.

#18 94.3-RADRACER

94.3-RADRACER

• Members
  • 6,509 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 10:41 AM

I really like the fire indicator, but just mandate the indicator additive. 

Rush may pay well, but the racing isn't as good as the exact same cars without Rush. What are they going to do when the bleachers are empty? The shame of it is that I really want to see mini stocks and quads at Lernerville, but knowing that Vicki will take credit for every seat that isn't empty makes it really hard to go. 

now if  i didn't see 3  wide for a rush mod finish and crate lm's racing ll over lernervilles surface, i'd probably believe your hourseshit that the racing sucks......but seeing how they put the 'best' racing of the night, your opinion is just more open's better bullchit......just because it's open racing...how stupid........

#19 old man d

old man d

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 11:24 AM

94.3 I don"t know how old you are but Lernerville is my home track. Over the years there has been different track surfaces yes some nights 3wide some nights single file and some nights you had a hard time getting out of your own way. Lernerville  has good racing most of the time and nights not so great. But sometimes you come on here acting like God created Lernerville on the 8th day and crate racing is the greatest thing since bread. I have given crate motors in Lernervilles stocks and I"m not a fan but the mods are fun to watch. But, 602 sprints I"ll wait and see, I"m not putting my OP out there yet. On the lighter side Merry Christmas and a safe Happy Year everyone.

#20 94.3-RADRACER

94.3-RADRACER

• Members
  • 6,509 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 01:59 PM

i could really give a shit  less about crates now, but for a guy to come on and say they suck after a 3 wide finish.....the guy is a tool.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users