• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Retort

Retort

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Interests:pissing off the neighbors

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:51 PM

Millstream Speedway OH: Millstream Speedway will reopen in 2018 under the direction of the Helms Family. Sprint car veterans and Findlay residents Larry and Shane Helms have booked a trio of marquee Arctic Cat All Star Circuit of Champions races at the half-mile dirt oval.

#2 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:12 PM

That's total good GREAT news.  I bought a directors chair just for watching on the grass in turn one.  Great people running the place and I have NEVER had a bad time or any issue going there.  Three Allstar shows there next year, count me in for three and if I can buy tickets now to support the track I can't get my money out fast enough. 

As a fan I have felt the most comfortable without any of the go pound salt if you don't like what we give you to watch or race at our track attitude as any track in the area.  The only thing I wish they'd do is put an awning up in front of the west facing beer stand.  ... :)

WOW!  GOOD NEWS!

#3 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:24 PM

I have to add.  

IF YOU AIN'T BEEN TO MILLSTREAM TO WATCH A SPRINT RACE, you screwed up.   

I personally won't ever forget watching Rico bang his right rear against a little pile of dirt at the end of the front stretch and shooting straight across turn one and two.  It made me realize how much winged outlaw karts have played into his and others skill set.  ... :)   If you ain't never seen an outlaw winged kart race down south or out west or even around here in PA, your missing something. 

It's akin to watching Tony up on the wheel in his Munchkin at Fort Wayne.  By the way Tony will be back in the seat this year the weekend after Christmas at the Rumble.  Two days of indoor wall to wall racin of all kinds of stuff with midgets being the big show, from morning to night.

Edited by dirtstudent2, 22 December 2017 - 07:30 PM.

#4 Retort

Retort

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Interests:pissing off the neighbors

Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:45 AM

The indoor show in Ft. Wayne is a nice event. Those kids in the 1/4 midgets put the best racing on.  They need to somehow stop them from getting so much sidebite, when they flip for no reason, and some kid gets hurt bad, it will be a black mark on the event. Perhaps even the end of the 1/4 midget portion.

But overall it is a nice get away deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users