Photo

What Engine should a low budget sprint car racer build?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 DavyLee2

DavyLee2

• Members
  • 3,369 posts
  • Interests:racing/music/billiards

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:18 AM

We agree that people come to see good racing ! I.e. Woo/ AllStars / Pittsburghers and Firecrackers etc etc

We disagree on the " Fix" for racing .

racing is the Ultimate form of Capitalism ! Pour out your hard work , talent and treasure for a chance at greatness at the risk of Catastrophe!

That is how racing became the most watched sport in the world!  But that allure has been under attack for many decades as the Snowflake and everybody gets a trophy and all positions pay the same Progression ( Progressives )has taken over the culture and All the money in the name of " The Iron fist has to make it all Fair!"... So here we are with Claimers being the top division in local racing !

Apple Computers just announced they will pay 38 Billion dollars in Federal Income tax to bring back 250 Billion dollars they have been hiding over seas from the highest taxes country in the world .... OURS! they will spend 300 billion in Education centers and pay their employees 2500 dollar bonuses

THATS JUST ONE COMPANY !!!!!!!!!! there are 200 as of now with similar announcements thanks to " Making America Great Again"

Now that the Bolshevik ,Progressive  , Communist , Sodomy party has been derailed for a chance at America Again .. Money will flow and prices of Racing " Parts " will plummet .

Snowflakes will melt and people will point and laugh at them like it should be and we can get back to the attraction of racing and more will get involved ...

But if it fails to happen .. then I will jump ship to your side of " its the promoters pocketing all the money and screwing the little guy " side.

Either way .. You and I will both watch racing no matter if it becomes just sitting next to the parkway watching driverless Electric cars with a 6 pack of beer!

#22 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 10:10 AM

For fixed entry cost speck racing to succeed, it has to feed on a nitch customer base and pull racers from beyond its customer base.  It does not feed anything.  It's reason for existing is to feed.

Do you think Super Lates would have better payout, tow money and car count if there were no controlled cost Late Models?  I think they would. 

I think any payout or increase in payout for Late Model race cars that are less then Supers has to come from either the back gate, Super Late payout, at the expense of some other class or from profits from the forced and controlled cost to race.

How the heck are promoters able to get funding from those who love racing and think there helping by donating to a for profit business is beyond my comprehension.   

Who is dumb enough to invest in a broadway show for the sole reason of putting it on broadway, with no chance of ever getting your investment back?   

What sort of religious hook or play on emotions is required to get money from race fans or past racers for business profits? 

Edited by dirtstudent2, 22 January 2018 - 01:22 PM.

#23 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:18 AM

I read through my last post today to see if it was out of line and I should delete it as I do so many other posts on here.  When I wrote it I tried to keep from disparaging against anything except what I feel hurts Late Model racing.  If anyone reading thinks I was only talking about speck crate racing I was not.  Lesser then Super Lates includes limited lates.  If there are so many Late Models out there on a Saturday night that "C" mains are the norm then yes there's room for a lesser class of cars because there's enough Super Late Models signed in and racing to warrant it.  But that is not the case and with today's car counts if tracks want fans in the stands the only kind of Late Model racing tracks should provide is Super Late Model racing. 

That being said what I wanted to do this morning is offer an answer which came to mind for one of the questions I posted.

I asked, "Who is dumb enough to invest in a broadway show for the sole reason of putting it on broadway, with no chance of ever getting your investment back?".

The answer is someone who can afford to or hocks the house to give his kid a chance at fame and glory. 

There's nothing wrong with that and it can keep some off broadway shows open.  That is except those with money will not spend the money on their kids except for an initial tryout on off broadway shows.  If they have the money there going to put their kid on broadway, not in an off broadway show.

Edited by dirtstudent2, 23 January 2018 - 10:18 AM.

#24 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:28 AM

Here's a dumb thought. 

If there was only Super Late Model racing in the area and it lead to fans jammed into the stands for the excitement of the faster level of racing, might tracks be able to make the tow and payout for "B" and "C" mains as good as feature money for lesser then Super Late racing?

For slower racers with lesser equipment the tow and "B" or "C" money could easily match what slower less funded cars get running towards the back now in lesser the Super Late classes.   

#25 DavyLee2

DavyLee2

• Members
  • 3,369 posts
  • Interests:racing/music/billiards

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:18 PM

All that takes is Money !

40,000 new manufacturing jobs ( multi decade record) including Apple Computers coming to America

Gas /Oil and COAL ! Jobs

Met a kid that stomps around in the mud to his knees and  works servicing Oil well Pumps making close to 100 g.S 2017 ! He will have about another 10 Grand next year to spend because of his tax cut!..

He could buy Solar panels / Batteries and Power inverters and power serge protectors and led lightbulbs !!!!

Or a RACECAR!??

Or buy the Exhaust pipes, Carb and 100 gallons of that $28 dollar Gallon fuel  for his Crate Motor ??

Its the Economy Student !

Drop a Crate motor in a good used Sprint car and follow the tour around Western Pa and maybe more and have fun going to all the tracks and not spending more than a boarded horse at the local boarding stable ! 

LateModel Races that pay$800 to win are Exactly the same as Hobby Stock Races for Potatoe Chips and a Trophy! Money wise and just as fun when you Enter through  the BACK GATE !

#26 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:10 AM

Trophies, give them all trophies. Many have said it, tracks water down there headline division by adding class after class. You need something for people that want to jump in and try it. What you don't need is 5 car class additions, for what ? but it happens everywhere. It's just that each and every promotor has his idea of what it takes for people to get into entry level racing. Let's take the guys that raced the small modified cars at Mercer. Where the hell are these guys going to now go ?  Those cars cost 1000"s of dollars and they may have just become the newest trophy class at the local kart track. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users