Dirt 602 versus Rush 602

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:33 PM

Excluding the car how does the cost of engine, carb, fuel, shocks, wheels, tires and the cost to join each compare between the two.

I'm going to guess the mandated Rush package is less.  Has anyone added up parts required and join my club costs for each, compared and would share it on here?

Edit:  Never thought about it before reading the Matt Williamson post and then going to look at the track he's going to run on Friday's website.

Edited by dirtstudent2, 01 February 2018 - 08:34 PM.

#2 Rocky Kugel

Rocky Kugel

• Members
  • 2,829 posts
  • Interests:Football, and Racing!!

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:14 PM

Figure 6-7k for motor and bolt one, 165$ a tire, fuel 25$ for 5 gallon, shocks 630$ for 4,steel wheels are as much new as a alum wheel

#3 Rocky Kugel

Rocky Kugel

• Members
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:16 PM

Holley hp out of box is 750$ after getting it rebuilt so it runs your at around 1200$

#4 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:39 PM

thank you,

then I'll figure the cost of each is about the same.  what got me thinking on it was Dirt in their rules point right at and saying there not going to let any Rush sealed engines run with them.  I guess it's going to be two businesses drawing a line in the sand for customers and never the two shall meet.  if that's it then it's a shame for racers in many ways.  sad  :(

edit:  forget about the cost.  Would the Dirt setup have an advantage on the track over the Rush setup. 

If there is no appreciable performance difference, then there's no reason independently some tracks may run a class which would include both.  I don't think the track or tracks would be beholding to either organization or have to put up anything to run such a class.   Funny how it looks possible two different businesses who couldn't exist without offering something to tracks for a place to race, might end up going after in court potential customers for ripping them off and using their combined rules.  :)   Actually I don't think that could happen but it was an interesting thing to think about and have fun writing about waiting the long winter for racing to start up again.  :)

Edited by dirtstudent2, 01 February 2018 - 09:55 PM.

#5 jo73

jo73

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,544 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:57 AM

sounds like the racer gets screwed again to me

#6 BUTTBEAK

BUTTBEAK

RAPIDIUSRIDICULOSIS's

• Members
  • 1,536 posts
  • Interests:Painting Landscapes

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:52 PM

I believe if an engine has the factory GM seals, you can run it in any crate series. 

#7 Rocky Kugel

Rocky Kugel

• Members
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 02:12 PM

The dirt car rules also run the bigger tire like our bb mods do and integra, fox shocks.and alum wheels. Completely different set ups and the dirt car would win 90 percent of the time against a rush mod...mainly because of the tire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users