• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Retort

Retort

• Members
  • 654 posts
  • Interests:pissing off the neighbors

Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:36 PM

Can't believe the crowd at Bristol for the NASCAR race, looks like maybe 20% of  the seats have butts in them.

#2 Speed Buggy

Speed Buggy

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 02:24 PM

You are being generous with the 20%

#3 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:31 PM

My guess is that a lot of the empty seats were fans who live several hundred miles away and who had already bought their tickets but elected to not make the trip with a very bad weather forecast.  Much like season ticket holders may elect to skip a Steelers game on a very cold snowy day!!   If the weather is better tomorrow, the crowd may be better than it was today!!  hopefully it will be!!!

GOOD RACING!!!!

Walt

#4 Hans Solo

Hans Solo

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:32 PM

Funny how with all the down racing time today, the announcers never really addressed the sparse crowd.  I think weather was a factor Walt,  but this is not some mile and a half cookie cutter track race,  This is Bristol!!  One of the most enjoyed races in NASCRAP.  Behind Daytona and Talladega, maybe.  Reasons are many, but cost to the fans and poor racing are at the top of my list.        

#5 sicario

sicario

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:16 PM

There used to be long waiting lists for Bristol tickets, now this. I def feel the weather was a factor to some degree but someone said the xfinitt crowd yestersay was a lot smaller than normal as well. Damn near empty

#6 weinerdog

weinerdog

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:37 PM

I went to the spring Bristol race 10yrs in a row and stayed in the same camping spot. The first year we went the spot was $60 for 4 nights. The last year we went it was $360 can you guess why we quit going........

#7 sprntr2011

sprntr2011

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:47 AM

hmmmm,,,,,napcar i allwys said,,,,,lolololol,,,,,,,now yu agree lolololol

giphy.gif

#8 Chad's Dad

Chad's Dad

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:13 AM

I was there on Saturday and the crowd was very thin.  Of course, there are 170,000 seats. 

Bought tickets online for $20, and parking was $20 but I got it for free for driving a Toyota, as they sponsored it.  I enjoyed the race, the racing was good and I'm glad it was a race with no Cup drivers.  Glad I got to go and got to see the place, I can only imagine what it would be like when it is totally full.  

NASCAR's self inflicted problems are well documented, and they have to fight their way through them.

#9 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:16 PM

Good race on tv so far today

#10 burghfan

burghfan

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:18 PM

There used to be long waiting lists for Bristol tickets, now this. I def feel the weather was a factor to some degree but someone said the xfinitt crowd yestersay was a lot smaller than normal as well. Damn near empty

The track was redone several years ago.  Before it was redone the fast way was around the bottom, and if you got in the high groove you were going to go backwards until you could get back in the low groove,  After the track was redone it was pretty much the opposite and passing was harder so the racing suffered.  Since the racing isn't what it used to be people quit going.

#11 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,184 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:42 AM

People want to see the car in front  get moved. The racing has become boring. The 42 had that race in the bag, the cars being so sensitive to change, as he said in the interview. The car was just skating around. Sorry, that's not racing. That's engineers that have taken the steering wheel out of the drivers hands. Remember Indy cars. Well, NASCRAP is on the same slippery slope and they refuse to see it. They get TV money, it must make up for all those empty seats. CRATE RACING MOTORS, there's a novel idea, HUH ? 

#12 blue by you

blue by you

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:13 AM

People want to see the car in front  get moved. The racing has become boring. The 42 had that race in the bag, the cars being so sensitive to change, as he said in the interview. The car was just skating around. Sorry, that's not racing. That's engineers that have taken the steering wheel out of the drivers hands. Remember Indy cars. Well, NASCRAP is on the same slippery slope and they refuse to see it. They get TV money, it must make up for all those empty seats. CRATE RACING MOTORS, there's a novel idea, HUH ? 

yeah...maybe miss rush will move in an turn it into rush series racing. they need help. :D

#13 DavyLee2

DavyLee2

• Members
  • 3,369 posts
  • Interests:racing/music/billiards

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:07 PM

A first timer said " it was a ghost town " and kyle bush made a smart ass comment to a girl with a kyle bush hat on at the end of the autograph line about hurry up I have other stuff to do ..they stayed in an RV at the track said it was wide open .

I agree with Walt .. the august night race will still be the biggest draw .. Martinsville same way with the weather .. nice day packed to the gills .. nasty not as much

ps and Bristol and martinsvile nasty weather in the hills .. is nasty ! . not like Daytona and Talladega .. one minute rain one minute 90 and sun 

Edited by DavyLee2, 17 April 2018 - 11:11 PM.

#14 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:47 AM

It costs way too much to go to a NASCAR race. Bring the prices back down to a level that a family can afford, and that'll help the piss poor crowds.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#15 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:43 AM

Yes Baconbits it's no different then what's been done to low budget wish you could be mid pack racers. 

NASCAR has the same attitude which is ruining NASCAR, of if you can't pay my ticket price don't come that so many on here have about racers.  If you can't afford it we don't want you or need you on our local Saturday night dirt track. Pay the demanded price or don't race your worthless to all of us fans who can afford a front row bleacher seat and your a useless poor junk racer. 

As you correctly said Baconbits, NASCAR's control has jacked up the prices beyond what lower income families can afford and it shows what they have done by empty seats.  ... yeah I have to throw this in there too and sorry but some things just need done.  :)  ... it's no different then how jacking up the cost to race shows by empty pit stalls.

I went to my first NASCAR race at Michigan last summer.  I think it was a $50 dollar infield only ticket I bought, maybe less.  I was told after buying the ticket that after the green drops you can go anywhere you want because nobody will be checking what kind of ticket you have, only carrying that you have a ticket. But even that infield ticket comes at a high cost to many if not most fans.  My seat was in a large motor home which occupied six parking spots, three center front row turn two and three in the next row back.  Your 100% right Baconbits, it sure ain't cheap to go to a NASCAR race the same as how jacked up entry level costs make it no longer cheap to go racing at our local Saturday night tracks.

Edited by dirtstudent2, 18 April 2018 - 08:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users