• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Retort

Retort

• Members
  • 654 posts
  • Interests:pissing off the neighbors

Posted 20 May 2018 - 02:44 PM

red Dodge update.  Thanks to my neighbor with the good eyesight!  There is an "engine management " fuse under the hood, left row of fuses bottom pink color. It wasn't blown but had a crack which caused an open circuit.  I wonder who the dumb shit engineer is that came up with this idea of having so many unrelated devices get power from the same source!?! Now I can spend the rest of the day putting the dash and under-hood back together.

1) speedo

2) electric windows

3)  starter

4) headliner MPG indacator

all on the same fuse...   GGRRrrrrrrrrrrrr

#2 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 02:56 PM

You had an easy find. 

Think how tough it would have been if the pink fuse was dumbly installed the wrong location by someone trying to help you figure it out.  You would have found the cracked bad fuse, replaced it, it would have tested fine but all the same things would not work.

#3 Retort

Retort

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:14 PM

dirtstudent2,  I drove from Wall N.J to Toledo in the rain, windows down , because I was worried the damn truck wouldn't restart because of the electrical issues. I thought maybe the mice had again gotten into the wiring. If problems happen again I just give you a call, no problem....   ;)

#4 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:19 PM

dirtstudent2,  I drove from Wall N.J to Toledo in the rain, windows down , because I was worried the damn truck wouldn't restart because of the electrical issues. I thought maybe the mice had again gotten into the wiring. If problems happen again I just give you a call, no problem....    ;)

And with a wiring diagram and a 12V test light i could help you easily find that type of problem.   :)

#5 Retort

Retort

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:14 PM

Precisely why I'm gonna call ya! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users